First Hour

Wasted Hours

 

 

 

"Yah, Moonbin," Yana called her bestfriend's name when she realized he has been sleeping for the whole class.

Moonbin groaned when he heard someone calling out for his name. He quietly shook his head as if he's saying no to whoever that call him.

Yana rolled her eyes when she saw his action, "Wake up, big head," She hit his head lightly.

The boy whined as he lifted his head up. He knows exactly who could do this to him. It's only her. Kang Yana. His best girl-friend. "Yah, Kang Yana," He rubbed his head.

"It's not even that hard," Yana shrugged, "You need to stop whining over little things, Moonbin." She said.

He passed a glare to the girl, "How the hell I could have a friend like you?" Moonbin complained.

Yana stayed quiet. Friend. He said friend.
 

⚝⚝⚝
 

Yana has been staying by his side for the past 3 years. Since they're in the same class for 3 years straight, there's no reason for her to be apart with the boy. She's a cheerful person; friendly too but she didn't know why she just needs Moonbin by her side.

To see his playful smile every single day; could make her happy for the rest of the day without any exception. Moonbin could be annoying sometimes but most of the times he's cool. He's too cool to be just a friend.

There's a lot of girl has been surrounding him for the past 3 years but Yana had no idea why he rejected all of them. Every single of them. Without exception.

She also had some thoughts, 'Ah, maybe he likes me,' but she quickly shoved the thought away as far as possible when Moonbin mentioned that they're just friends. Not more than that.

Yana, herself wasn't sure about her true feelings for the boy but all she knows she needs the boy by her side, for now or maybe forever.
 

⚝⚝⚝
 

"Yana," Moonbin tapped the girl's shoulders when she was spacing out.

Yana blinked her eyes for few times and turned her attention to the boy that was infront of her, "Yeah?" She asked.

"You look so off today," Moonbin said when he realized Yana hasn't been talking too much since the class start today.

She formed a slight smile and passed it to the boy, "Am I? Maybe it's just your feeling." She told him.

Moonbin shrugged. He didn't bother to ask any other thing more to the girl. Maybe she needs her space. He thought.

"Moonbin, I'll go first." Yana stood up and was about to leave the cafe when someone grabbed her hand.

She turned around and could see Moonbin was standing behind her while having her hand in his, "Are you sure that you're okay?" He put the back of his other hand to Yana's forehead.

"I'm okay," Yana took his hand off from her forehead and put it down, "Don't worry okay," She let his hand go and started walking away from the boy.

Moonbin looked at the girl with mixed feelings. He was really sure that there's something wrong with the girl. But he didn't know what it is about.
 

⚝⚝⚝
 

"I'm home," Yana shouted as she took her shoes off. She looked at the shoes rack, "There's no Dana's shoe," She muttered alone.

Her mum went to the front door to get her, "Oh, Yana, you're home," She said and took the bag that Yana put on the floor and brought it to the couch in the living room.

"Mum, I told you don't do that," Yana whined when she saw what her mum did. She never asks her mum to do all of that but she did it anyway.

Her mum giggled as she looked at her eldest daughter's reaction. She glad that she grew up become a pretty girl, "You're tired right? Go and take a rest."

Yana nodded her head and slowly climb the stairs.When she almost reached to the top she could hear someone slammed the front door. That must be Dana. She thought

She took a peek downstairs and yes, it's Dana.

"Can you stop slamming the door everytime you close it?" Her mum nagged as soon as Dana entered the house.

She rolled her eyes, "Mum, seriously? You're so fine just now with Yana but you nagged when it's me? Stop being too obvious that you hate me."

Yana sighed. She saw it all; for the nth times in her life.
 

⚝⚝⚝
 

Yana had no idea what the hell went wrong between the two of them. Obviously, they only have each other to support themselves.

But what exactly drift them apart?

Kang Yana and Kang Dana would be the siblings that everyone worth envy for. They have everything, looks, intelligence and even come from a weatlhy family.

Well, obviously they have different personality. Kang Yana is more to friendly side while Dana would only associate with someone that's on the same level as her; even if she could be nice sometimes.

But other than that, they're perfect.

Too close to the definition of perfection.
 

⚝⚝⚝
 

"Yana," Dana opened her sister's room door with an obvious annoyed face pasted on her face.

Yana who was playing with her phone at the moment, quickly put it down and turned her attention to her little sister. She simply raised her eyebrows to answer it.

Dana rolled her eyes when her sister didn't say anything, "Moonbin is here," She said then leave the room.

"Moonbin?" She muttered alone while get herself ready to go downstairs.