Chapter Twenty Eight: Will Things Get Better?

I Temporary Lived By Your Side.

"Seol ah yah... you once said that I'm popular and talented, that so many people love me. But... would all these people stay there when I'm no longer famous? What if my injury won't let me go on. Will you still love me when I'm not able to dance or sing anymore?"  

(Seol ah)

I won't deny that I was disappointed after I heard what he said but I do understand him. It's not easy to be a world star, many people would approach you just because of that, just for fame or money or image. I know that he doesn't think of me like that but I understand that he's afraid I may stop loving him just because one day he may not still be a star who shines on stage, he's not only afraid of losing  me, but he's afraid losing his fans and members as well, he worked so hard until now and he wouldn't be able to stand losing people he really cares about just because he can't do certain things for a period of time.

I held his face with both of my hands and looked straight into his eyes.

 "For how long have we been together? 5 years? Woah... that's quite a long time. I probably first fell in love with you when I saw you on the screen but I've always asked myself this question even before I met you. Why him? I know a lot of idols and world stars, I've seen many people in many Tv shows, series, movies, and music videos. But why was that person the only one who made my heart pound out of all these people? But after I met you I guess I found the answer, there are even times when I wished you were just a classmate of mine, a neighbor, or a plain person that I meet on a daily basis. What you do, how many people know you, how much you earn, how many views are on your videos... none of this matter to me. Having you in my life as the person I love the most, as my Kim Myungsoo is the only thing that matters to me. I don't love you just because of your good looks, I'm pretty sure that I will still love you even when we're old and ugly. I also don't love you because of your popularity and large fanbase, I'm pretty sure that even if no one comes to your concert, I would still be there and cheer for you, I would still want to hear your voice even if you won't be able to sing, I would still be your fan, and your supporter even if you have nothing, because I love you. I don't love you for what you have, I love you for who you are. And even if the whole world might go against you, be sure that I'll be the one who's always there for you. So just smile, and stop worrying about all of that. It's all gonna be alright." I said giving him a comforting smile.

   

"That's why I love you, you've always accepted me for who I am. You have no idea how relieved I'm feeling right now after I heard these words from you. I never had any doubts about your love for me, I just... I was just worried. The members are working so hard, and even when they come here they never show any discomfort or worry. They keep telling me that what matters the most is seeing me doing well but what if..." 

"Don't think too much about that," I cut him off. "They'll be really upset if they hear you talking like that. They're right, that's what matters the most. And if you feel sorry for everyone, just get well fast!" I said.

"Thank you, Seol ah yah... It's really nice to have you here by my side. I spent most of my time here all alone, I had so many thoughts. I've been thinking about you, about that, about everything. I'm really happy that you're here, you always make me feel better. It's like you're the only one who can do that to me." He said as he gently brought me closer to him. "But didn't you come here straight from the airport? You must be so tired... Oh.. look at you! You're so pale and... you lost so much weight. You must pay more attention to your health Seol ah yah... You should eat well and sleep well!" He worriedly said.

"I'm really fine, I'll be more careful in the future. But... Why did you spend most of your time here alone? The members must be busy but... what about your parents? Aren't they supposed to be here with you?" I asked.

He didn't say a word. He just looked down.

"Myungsoo yah.. Is something wrong?" I softly left his head up. 

"Actually... My mom is not doing so well recently. She has a heart decease. And my dad is taking care of her. The doctor said that we shouldn't let anything make her so nervous or so excited, he also said that we should avoid telling her any bad news, that we should be so careful or else she may have a heart attack. My father was doing his best to hide this from her but she ended up seeing the news on Tv about my injury, she was so worried that she almost choked. He managed to convince her that I was fine and that I was just tired and needed to rest for few hours, and that the media are just overreacting. She kept insisting that I should go visit her but I can't go like this so I just keep lying and saying that I'm too busy. I didn't want her to see me like this. What if...what if my injury gets more serious... what if I had to give up. I don't think she would be able to endure it." He said fighting back his tears.

"Myungsoo yah..." I tried to comfort him and say something to him but for some reason, no words came out.

"She felt so bad when she knew that I was hurt because she kept comparing me to Insoo. Since then, she became more lovable and she's been giving me all the love and support I've ever needed. She has always been so proud of me. The fact that her son is now an idol is something that she still can't believe until now yet she keeps telling me how proud she is of me every day, she reads all the comments about me. I worried and afraid of what may happen in the future..." He said.

I was so shocked to know that, I haven't seen his mom much, but I've met her couple of times and she's a really nice person. I really like his relationship with his mom, they may not have been so close in the past but they're really close now, and hearing that she's sick made my heart hurt. He was trying to hold his tears back but he ended up breaking down in my arms, so I just gave him a warm hug. I couldn't help but cry as well, I remembered my mom. It would be nice if she was here if she could meet him... I'm pretty sure she would have liked him very much. I really miss my mom. 

 Mom... Do you see me? Can see you see us? The man in my arms is the person I love the most in this world, he's all I have. And he's hurt right now.  You've always told me that the best way to comfort the people we love when they're in pain is to be there for them. Am I doing the right thing, mom? I wish you were here to tell me what to do... 

   

I stayed with Myungsoo all the day, it didn't matter how tired I was, I got to spend with him sometime. I asked the nurse to bring him a wheelchair so we can go the hospital's park and get some fresh air. He needed that, even though he couldn't get used to it and he was complaining all the time like a baby but he was so adorable and he obviously felt better after he went out of that room for a while. Today's weather was nice. It was a bit cold but it was sunny. Everything was so quiet, nice and romantic. We were sitting there holding hands and just talking to each other until a bunch of reporters showed up taking so many pictures of us and asking so many questions. We never really went out holding hands or acting like a couple in public here in Korea, Myungsoo had no problem with reveling my identity but I didn't want attention. I knew that his fans and Suzy's fans will be so furious and it would affect him the most. As soon as I saw him, I quickly tried to take off my hand but he held it even stronger. 

"We heard that you were the one who broke up with Suzy, was it because of this girl? Is she your girlfriend?" One of the reporters asked.

"Is it true that you've never really been in a relationship with Suzy? And you were just doing that to hide the real identity of your girlfriend? Is it because she's a foreigner?" Another one asked. 

"I heard that your girlfriend was working in the same company as you, is that her?" Third one asked. 

"Myungsoo yah you don't have to answer any of their questions. Let's quickly go inside." I whispered.

"Yes, this is my girlfriend. I've been dating her for years and I love her. I wish that my fans and all the peoplwho love me would understand this," He said loudly with a smile on his face.

"Seol ah yah, let's go inside." He smiled at me.

I was so amazed by his braveness. I felt really proud and happy to see him doing that, it showed me that he really cares about me and loves me much more than I ever imagined. But at the same time, I was so worried. I haven't met the CEO since that day and I don't know how the fans are going to react.

I suddenly started feeling so uncomfortable. my stomach was hurting so bad, did I eat something bad?  Myungsoo must have noticed that, he was continuously asking me if I'm  okay but all I said was "I'm just tired," It was nothing serious, he already has so many things s to worry about and telling him that I might have eaten something bad or poisonous would make him even more worried, I wanted to spend more time with him but he insisted that I should go home and rest so I just did as he said.
On my way home I bought some painkillers, I was so in pain that I could barely walk.

(Later in Woollim entertainment) 

The news of Myungsoo's real girlfriend spread so fast, it was aired on many Korean channels. 

The CEO got so furious after he saw the news that he threw the remote control after he turned the Tv off so hard on the floor that it broke into pieces. That's when someone was knocking on his office's door. 

"Who's that?" He yelled.

"Can I come in?" Suzy said with the steadiest and most innocent tone. 

"Suzy? What are you doing here?" He looked quite surprised.

"Oh! Seems like you already saw the news." She said as she looked at the floor and saw the remote control in pieces.

"INFINITE L leaving WOOLLIM ENTERTAINMENT  because of his injury and health problems, the thing that made the solo singer Insoo take his place which was originally made for him," Doesn't that seem like a better title?" She said with a sarcastic smile.

CEO: What... How did you know?

Suzy: I do have my resources Mr. CEO. And let's not forget that I spent some time here. I know everything.

CEO: So you're telling me to kick Myungsoo out of the company and say that it's due to his health problems? I heard it's not that serious. I thought you liked him, what happened?

Suzy: I do. That's why I'm doing all of that. And I heard that that girl will never come back to his life. You lied to me. 

CEO: That's...

Suzy: Didn't you want WOOLLIM entertainment to merge with JYP entertainment? Our CEO has been thinking about it since our duet made a huge success but after the sudden breakup statement.. he's now giving it second thoughts. He wants me to make sure if you're still interested in that.

CEO: Fine. What do you want?

Suzy: I went to see Myungsoo this evening but she was there. I overheard their conversation and he mentioned his mother. I think that I finally found his weakness. The thing that you were supposed to find. So I basically did your job. You won't kick him out of the company, that will be just a little warning. If you know what I mean. It's all for his own good, I love him and I don't want anything bad to happen to him.

CEO: Were you... the one who called the reporters?

Suzy: One of us had to do something about it right? I know that I wasn't the only one who disliked that Eun Seol ah. Was I?

A/N

Are you enjoying the story so far?

Woah.. Our boys are finally back after a year and 4 months. The MV is finally out!!! And I'm seriously... It's already my favorite. I'm so excited~ the teasers are so great I'm speechless! And the songs sound amazing. I feel like this comeback is gonna be the greatest so far~ it was definitely worth the wait. Here's Myungsoo's teaser~ Please make sure to support our Romeos~ And Please check out their new MV Tell Me~ Thank you for reading♡