Chapter Twenty Four: I'm Going To You.

I Temporary Lived By Your Side.

The season has changed and it's winter now.

Infinite members are currently shooting their own variety show, that's why they're going to be visiting some countries around Europe.

(Seol ah)

I woke up early on this cold morning, ahh! what is that delicious smell? Kathryn must be making pancakes.  I looked at the window and it's snowing for the first time this winter. I love snow! It's been a long time since I've seen snow in London. I should definitely go out today.

I went downstairs to the kitchen to find Kathryn making pancakes while her husband (Jim) drinking his morning coffee and reading the newspaper.

"Good morning" I excitedly said.

"Good morning sweetheart! Did you sleep well?" Kathryn said while still cooking.

"Good morning Cassie, you're up early today!" Jim said as he smiled at me.

"Yes, it's snowing for the first time in this year! I want to go out and take pictures." I said as I took a seat next to him.

We had a delicious breakfast together, we were all talking about many things. Having mornings like this make me feel like we're a family, I'm in a really good mood today, I wonder how is Myungsoo doing.

I got ready, took my camera and went out, I'm so excited to take beautiful pictures on this wonderful day.

(Myungsoo)

We're in London. And it's snowing. We've only come here once a long time ago but I didn't have the chance to go out or take pictures. Today we don't have anything to do in the morning, that's why I woke up early so I can walk around and take a look at this wonderful city and take some pictures as well.

I still remember that day when it first snowed in Korea after Seol ah became my girlfriend. She was so excited and she took so many photos. She loves snow. I wonder if it's snowing where she is right now, I wonder where she is right now and what she's doing. I really miss her... Even when I'm not in Korea, everything around me reminds me of her.

 

The first place that I went to was the tower of London, it's a really beautiful place. People were ice-skating out there and I could see some cute couples holding hands while doing that. That made me think of her... if only she was here with me. If only she was here with me in this beautiful city. I'm pretty sure she would have loved it. 

After taking some pictures I headed to the top of Primrose Hill, I was searching on the internet and this place looked like a really great place to take good pictures. According to some website, It gives a fantastic view of the London skyline. 

I finally arrived at the Primrose Hill. Woah... This place is so beautiful. I thought it would be crowded but nobody's here, probably because it's so cold and it's snowing. 

I was amazed by the great scenery so I was too into taking pictures until someone appeared on my camera. An angel-like face with a beautiful shining smile person holding a camera and taking pictures in the same area I was in. For some reason, I felt like the world has stopped and everything around me has disappeared. Am I dreaming again? Is she really Eun Seol ah? My Seol ah? The girl I've been looking for everywhere is now standing in front of me when I least expected it. I couldn't move. I was afraid this might be a dream, what if I wake up when I try to talk to her or touch her? I was standing there staring at her. I've never got enough of looking at her. How am I feeling? I don't know. It's an inexplicable happiness mixed with an inexplicable fear and excitement. I don't know what kind of feeling is that. 

She instantly stopped taking pictures and that's how our eyes finally met. It's like falling in love at the first sight. It's just like we're two people who have never met each other before but were destined to be together. 60 seconds. I fell in love over again in only 60 seconds. I could hear my own heartbeats. It felt like all the time we spent together, all the moments we spent away from each other, our smiles, our tears, everything has rolled in my head in 60 seconds. A tear made its own way down her cheek, once that first tear broke free, the rest followed in an unbroken stream, on this snowy day, it looked like diamond snow, my heart was aching, I haven't seen her in so long. And seeing her in tears again broke my heart. That's how I realized I was not dreaming. I quickly stepped closer to her and hugged her in my arms. God, I missed this feeling, I missed the way she makes me feel just by being next to me. 

 

(Seol ah)

Myungsoo? ... Am I hallucinating? I must have gone mad that I see him everywhere right now. Or is it because I miss him so much? 

Am I crying? What's wrong with me? Why am I crying all of sudden? 

He's coming towards me... He's getting closer... Is that really him? 

He suddenly hugged me. It's real. He's real. Oh my God, he's really Myungsoo... What is he doing here? How...

Him, hugging me for the first time after a really long time felt like all the broken pieces of my heart are sticking back together. Yes, that's how he makes me feel. I missed this feeling so much. I missed him so much. And for a second, I wanted this moment to last forever, I don't know why he's here nor how did he find me, but I don't care about that. I don't even care if someone sees us. For a second, nothing mattered at all, if I could die at that moment, I'm pretty sure I'd have no regrets. I missed him, I missed him too much that I couldn't resist that feeling...

... But that was all in a really short period of time.

I quickly got back to reality. Wasn't I the one who left him? Why am I being like this? How can I do that to him again... I must be out of my mind to let him hug me like this. I do not want to give him false hopes when we can't be together anymore. I can't do that to him.

I slowly pulled away, even though deep down. Like really deep down. All I ever wanted was to be with him, to hug him tightly and to hold his hands.

We both were out of words. No one was talking, we were just standing there under the snow and looking at each other.

 

All we did was staring at each other with teary eyes, I can see that disappointed look in his eyes when I pulled away. Seeing him like that was so hard for me, I couldn't stand it. So I just looked down and left.

(Myungsoo)

When she stepped away, I felt numb. She looked at me one last time as if she was begging me to hold onto her and not let her go but all I did was staring at her. I was just a fool who fell deeply in love after all. I never knew how to react in this kind of situations. All the things that I had in my head, all the words that I was planning to tell her once I find her have suddenly disappeared from my mind, I couldn't think of anything. What is happening to me all of sudden? 

She left. She didn't say a word she just left, again. Without saying anything. 

 

It took me few more seconds to realize what was actually going on. I can't make the same mistake twice. I can't let her just go like this again. I'm going to stop her no matter what, she's not going anywhere without me this time.

I followed her and immediately held her hand.

"What are you doing? Leave me alone." She said.

"No, not even in your dreams. You're not going anywhere."

"Myungsoo... Please. I don't think I can do this anymore, I'm happy. I already moved on." She said as she looked away.

"Oh really? You moved on, you said? Then why are you crying? Why are you looking away while saying these words? Why can't you just face me?" 

"Okay fine, I lov- I loved you and I'm still having a hard time because of that but I know I'll be able to move on later. I can't be with you, I just can't anymore. Do you know how tiring is it to be an idol's girlfriend? It's... It's tiring and I'm sick of it. I-I don't want to be with you anymore."  She tried to remove my hand.

"Stop lying. After all these years, do you think I can't tell when you're lying? You've always been a bad liar. Look at you, looking away. Playing with your fingers, and you can't even talk properly. What are you afraid of hm? Our CEO? I've already talked to him. He cannot do anything anymore. Just come to me Seol ah yah... I won't let anything happen to you. I'll protect you no matter what" 

"But you-"

"You don't have to worry about me." I cut her off.  "How could you make such a decision all alone without even asking for my opinion? Is it really not that important to you? Do you know what I've been through all this time that you weren't by my side? Do you how hard it was to wake up in the morning knowing that I won't see you again? I looked for you everywhere. I even thought about giving up on everything so many times. Without you, I had no reason to do anything... Didn't you feel like that too? I know you did Seol ah yah.. I know you very well that I can read everything just from your expression. I know you still love me.  Why can't we just be together again?"

"But..." 

"There's no buts" I covered with my hand. "This time you have no choice. There is no way I can let you go again." I pulled her closer and softly kissed her lips. "You're mine Seol ah. Don't ever do that again. Don't ever think about leaving me again. I'll kill you if you do." I whispered. 

 

A/N

Congratulations to our amazing actor who won these two awards today. I'm so happy for him, he did such a really great job. He literally deserves it. I couldn't be happier.

I have a feeling that 2018 will be Infinite's year and one of greatest years to all of us inspirits. Happy new year everyone.♡

♡