Chapter Twenty Three: I Won't Let You Go.

I Temporary Lived By Your Side.

Myungsoo didn't care much about the dating news. He knows that he feels nothing about Suzy, and even though she likes him, she knows that he doesn't like her back. They both know that it's just for the agencies' profit so they would just go on random dates and show the media that they're happy together. They're friends now, they're not so close but they would still hang out together or just chat with each other every now and then.

Myungsoo and the other members were so busy practicing and preparing for their comeback. They're practically living in the practice room and they barely sleep for 3 hours or so. That was quite good for Myungsoo, being too busy was distracting him from being heartbroken. 

(Myungsoo)

Today is a really tiring day. It's only 12 pm and I'm already exhausted. I slept at 4 am and woke up at 7 am. I just finished recording one of the songs on our album and I'm taking a break. I headed to the quietest place just so I can take a quick nap, I'm really sleepy.

I went to the Music room and once I opened the door I couldn't believe what my eyes saw.

Seo-Seol ah?? Oh my God Seol ah... Is that really you? I can't believe you're here, I missed you so much.

She didn't say a word. She was just standing there smiling at me. That smile... I missed that smile so much it's killing me. The way she's looking at me... I missed every little thing about her. All I did was staring at her. Is she really here standing in front of me? Is this real? Seol ah... Why am I not doing anything?

(turn on caption for english lyrics)

 

Sunggyu:  Myungsoo? Myungsoo wake up! We still have so many things to do!

I woke up startled. It was just a dream... I looked around trying to find her but It was only just a dream. When will I ever get to see her again... I wished I didn't wake up.

__________________________________

Months have passed and yellow leaves started falling off trees. It's autumn.

Seol ah have been as busy as Myungsoo, she's been traveling to different cities in England to take good photos and to find inspiration. She met so many people who really loved her work, she started getting recognized for how incredibly talented she is. She was doing her best to be happier, she worked so hard and she was restless. Life is not always great but traveling to different places has made her feel free. It was a really healing trip for her that took 2 months. She finally came back home, having people who are not your parents treating you like you were their own child is definitely one of the best things ever. Despite that deep scar in her heart. Living with them is making her feel as if she is living in her own house with her own family, it's so warm. But as usual, she still thinks of him, she still longs for him and she still checks her phone every night before she sleeps hoping there will be good news about him. Seeing pictures of him and Suzy always together going on dates was surely one of the hardest things to see but she still can't resist his smile. She hasn't seen him in a really long time that she probably can't recognize the difference between his fake smile and the genuine one anymore. She's just happy to see him doing fine.

(Seol ah)

Ahh... It feels really great to be back home. I'm so tired, I'm ready to sleep for months.

"Cassie, come here sweetie!"   Kathryn  (Anna's mom) called me.

"I'm here, do you need any help?" I said with a smile on my face.

"No, I made hot chocolate and some cookies, let's eat them together. I really missed talking to you, are you free?" 

"Yes, sure. It really feels good to come back home."

"How was your trip?" 

"It was amazing! I took so many good pictures, do you want to see them?"

"Of course, Anna has always thought that you're a great photographer, she used to show me all the pictures you send her. I'd love to see them."

I excitedly went to my room and took the camera. I bought this camera in Korea, it was Myungsoo who choose it for me so it's really precious to me.

I was showing her all the pictures that I took on my 2 months trip, there were so many pictures and she really liked them. I was telling her the story of each photo, how I took it, why I took it and where I took it. I usually get too excited when I talk about the things that I love and I was really thankful that she listened to me so well and kept asking me about so many things I was interested in, I felt like she was a second mother for me. 

I was sitting next to her watching tv when she was still holding the camera looking at the pictures I took.

"Oh? Where is this place? It's not in England, right? It's so beautiful" She enthusiastically said.

I took a look at the picture and... Oh my God,  why is it still there? It's a picture of that special place where I spent my last day with Myungsoo.

"It's... in K-Korea..." I said as I looked away.

"Oh? And who's this guy? he's so cute!" 

This picture... I took it that day when he came to see me in the middle of the night... I thought he looked so effortlessly adorable, that was an unforgettable moment, and this picture... it's probably the best picture out of the thousands of pictures that I took.  

Oh no, how did she go that far... how am I supposed to explain everything to her now?

When I told her everything about my life in Korea I surely skipped some parts like my suicide attempt, being bullied and... My relationship with Myungsoo.  I didn't want to talk about him for the simple reason that it's so hard for me to say that he's not mine anymore out loud. And the hardest thing is trying to hold my tears back while talking about him. 
 

"He is... Um... there's something I haven't told you..."  I hesitated for a bit but I decided to tell her everything. Literally everything. Because everything is connected and this guy has saved my life more than once and since the day I met him I've never spent a second without thinking about him.

I told her all what happened since the moment I heard that Anna passed away. I told her about Infinite members and Myungsoo, about how we fell in love and how we had to be so careful not to be caught, I told her about the CEO and about the last day we spent together. I was trying to be strong and I can say that I did a good job until... I remembered that moment when he was crying in the car, I remember him grabbing my hand and the way he said: " Don't go!" It breaks my heart every time I think about that moment. That's when I lost it, tears were flowing down my cheeks and my voice was cracking, I couldn't talk. 

"You still love him, right?" She asked.

I just nodded. Of course, I still love him, I never stopped and I don't think I ever will. 

She was really surprised to hear that I went through all of that, she hugged me tightly and told me that I'm a strong girl and that what is between me and Myungsoo is real love and that we surely will find our way back together somehow. Her words were really comforting.

It's nighttime and I was sitting on my bed looking from the window at the clear blue sky. I can see few stars in there, I was just listening to music and thinking about him. I found this song on his playlist a long time ago and I just listen to it everytime I feel like things are so hard for me, it's comforting.

__________________

And on the other side of the world, there is Myungsoo who's having another really long and tiring day. He stopped to take a break, he just put his headsets on and looked at the sky. 

They may not be at the same place but both of Myungsoo and Seol ah are looking at the sky at the same time thinking about each other and listening to the same song. 

 

  Their love bond is so strong that they're even doing the same thing while thinking about each other even though they're so far from each other. Will a love like this just fade away?  

__________________

(A few weeks later)

Myungsoo is holding a fan meeting in different parts of Asia. He has made up is mind. He's not even going to try and move on anymore, who was he kidding? Himself? He loves her. He's doing a great job as an artist so far, so after the fan meeting, he's gonna keep looking for the love of his life everywhere. He's gonna sing the song she wrote for him and he's gonna face the CEO and tell him that no matter what happens he's not going to let her go even if he had to spend the rest of his life looking for her. He's now doing so many solo activities including acting. So not being a part the company will cause a really great loss for the CEO.He's so confident and fearless right now. And most of all he's in love and he's not going to give up no matter what. 

(Myungsoo) 

I've talked to the CEO and convinced him to let the world know that  Suzy and I are no longer in a relationship, or else I'll tell the media that my relationship with her was nothing but a huge lie. He got so angry but I managed to make him accept my request. He knows that Infinite is now more popular than ever and that the other members are supporting me, so any bad or thoughtless decision he'd make might become a huge loss for him.

Seol ah... My love. Please wait for me, I'm doing all of this for you, I promise that I'm gonna find you and everything will go back to how it used to be. I'll never let you go just wait a little bit.

 

(Seol ah)

It's getting cold...  and lately, I'm just resting at home, I draw sometimes and other times I write songs, I've written few songs since I got here, I'm not sure if someone will ever sing them but I'm just doing it because I feel like it. I also bought a guitar, and I'm now learning how to play it. Music has always been one of the most important things in my life, I don't think I can live without listening or creating music. Now that I'm thinking of it... I wished Myungsoo sang the song I wrote for him. I really put so much effort and emotions on that one and I wanted to hear him singing it so bad. 

Since the day I told Kathryn about Infinite and Myungsoo, she started watching Korean channels. She also watched their videos and listened to their songs, and she liked Myungsoo so much, she thinks he's a nice person.

"Cassie! Come here, you have to see that!"  She called me.

"See what?" I put the guitar down and headed to the living room where was sitting and watching a Korean channel.

"M-Myungsoo?"  My eyes widened when I heard the melody. "this is my... my song! He's finally singing it" My eyes were teary and a huge smile appeared on my face. "He's singing my song... He hasn't forgotten about me yet" 

 

His voice... I can't get enough of his voice.

This guy... he's the love of my life and I'm so proud of him. I'm so happy that I once met him, I'm so happy that he is a part of my life. Even if it's the past.

 

 

A/N

PS: Don't skip the songs, some of them are parts of the story.