Chapter Twenty Two: Regret? I Shouldn't Have Done That.

I Temporary Lived By Your Side.

Myungsoo: What did you just say? Seol ah... Was the CEO the one after all of this? I should have known it... he cannot just be this nice to me for no reason,  especially after what happened.

Woohyun told him everything. About the possibility of him leaving Infinite, about the CEO's threads, just everything.

Myungsoo: I knew she wouldn't do such thing for no reason... I knew she was hiding something but I never expected it to be this complicated. I'm gonna make him regret doing this to my girl.

Myungsoo was really furious. He even wanted to go and face the CEO right away but... What can he do? Would that bring Seol ah back? He has no idea where she is. Woohyun managed to calm him down after talking to him for so long. He even encouraged him to work hard saying that it's the only way to prove the CEO wrong, he said that only way to shut him up is becoming really successful. He promised him that after that he will help him look for Seol ah and try to find her wherever she is no matter what.

Seol ah has never told anyone about her hometown. All what she said was that she doesn't like to talk or think about it and that it brings her really bad memories, that's why Myungsoo never wanted to bother her no matter how curious and how bad he wanted to know about it. 

Myungsoo needed some time to think about everything. His breakup with Seol ah left a really deep wound on his heart. The heart that he never gave to anyone but her. He knows that she only thought about him and he knows that she did everything and gave up on everything just for him to be happy. He felt bad and he felt really guilty for every single thought that crossed his mind. He regretted thinking that he probably wasn't good enough for her or that she probably didn't love him that much. He was lost in thoughts. Lost in his tears. Yes... Myungsoo, Infinite L who has always been the cold, uninterested and careless guy is now crying because he loves someone so much and there's nothing he can do to bring her back. It's like the earth has swallowed her up, he couldn't find her anywhere, none of her friends know where she is. She never mentioned where her hometown is. What can he do? How would he even see her? Is he really never going to see her smile or her beautiful face again? The world is unfair, it's so unfair.

"I miss you, I miss you so much Seol ah yah." That was all that he keeps saying while still lying on his bed holding the teddy bear she gave him and drowning in his tears.

 

As for Seol ah... She is not eating well or sleeping well. She's depressed. The memories of her parents and best friend are still hunting her. She's either in her room or in Anna's room. She keeps thinking about Myungsoo. How is he doing? Did he manage to move on or is he still thinking of her and missing her every second just like she's missing him. Does he wish she was there next to him? Because she wishes he was with her, she needs him the most right now. She started to regret letting him go. It's just like he was the only person who brought joy to her life. And the fact that he's not there anymore makes everything become as painful as before or maybe even worse. She's not feeling like doing anything, she doesn't wanna go anywhere, and she's not talking to anyone. Anna's parents are so worried about her. Her friend Jake is worried about her. But all that she's thinking about is... "What if I'd just disappear? what if I was never born? I wish I was never born. Nothing feels right anymore."

 

Few months have passed.

Myungsoo has been working as hard as he could. He was always keeping himself busy, that's the best way for him to avoid thinking about his painful past. He still loves Seol ah and he still misses her but he wants to be the best version of himself for her, and for himself. He's working so hard and he's pretty sure that one day fate will bring them together once again. That's why he never lost hope, he works too hard to be the best he can ever be, and the hard work is blooming flowers. His duet with Suzy became a really hot topic in Korea, the song has become a hit. Everyone loves it, not only the Korean fans but also the international ones. 

And Seol ah... she was eventually getting better, she was receiving professional help along with a lot of love from all the people around her. Anna's parents are treating her as if she was their own daughter. And Jake was more like a brother to her, he would come and visit her every other day, they would hang out together and even go for long walks. She has decided to become a photographer and fulfill her best friend's wish. If only she was there, things would have been so much easier for Seol ah. She started her own business with the help of Anna's parents. She was drawing, taking pictures, and making art, she made calendars, diaries, artistic pillows, and so many cute stuff. She now owns a small shop where she sells all the artistic things she makes along with the beautiful pictures she takes. It's still small but many people love what's she's doing and how creative she is so it's slowly growing. She would still write songs every now and then but it's more like a hobby for her. And as she promised, she's still a loyal fan to the love of her life, Myungsoo. She's still always updated to his news and to Infinite's news. She listened to the song and loved it so much, it was hard for her to see him sitting next to another girl and singing but seeing his face after quite a long time was something that she has been waiting for, for so long. She was happy for him, she was happy to see him stronger and more successful. 

(Later in the same month)

Jake came to see Seol ah early in the morning. She was still sleeping. 

(Seol ah)

I woke to hear knocking on the door of my room. I looked at my phone and it was 7 am. I don't usually wake up this early, and I have nothing to do today, it's a sunny summer morning but I'm feeling so lazy today. 

Someone was calling my name. Wait, it's Jake's voice. What is he doing here this early in the morning?

Jake: I'm coming in!

"What are you doing here this early? get out and let me sleep" I said with a sleepy voice.

Jake: Let's go to the amusement park!

"What? Now?" That was so unexpected.

Jake: Yes now, let's have fun! Get up you sleepy panda. (He took my phone from the night table next to my bed.)

"What are you doing? Give me back my phone!" I said as I was getting out of the bed.

Jake: You won't need this today, now go get ready and bring your camera with you. You'll have to take so many pictures. Oh! and we're going to have breakfast outside.

"Wait, Jake.. Jake!" 

He already left and took my phone with him. Why is he being like this all of sudden? Ahh.. I yawned, I'm still sleepy though.

I got ready and went with Jake to the amusement park, we had so much fun. I haven't laughed this much in so long. I wonder how Myungsoo is doing right now.

Jake and I stayed out all day, we even had dinner together. I'm really grateful that he's here with me. He's such a great friend, but he refused to give me my phone back. He said it's only going to be distracting me and he even turned it off. He keeps acting weird every time I ask him about my phone.

He gave me a ride back home. We had a short conversation while we were in his car in front of the house.

Jake: Are okay? Are you feeling better these days?

"Yes I'm fine, today was a really great day, I haven't had this much fun for so long. Thank you so much for always being there for me Jake."

Jake: Cassie, I want you to know that you're a really strong person. You've been through so much but you still manage to smile and live well. I want you to stay positive and strong no matter what, don't let anything bring you down.

"Why are you being so serious all of sudden? Is something wrong?"

Jake: Nothing is wrong, here's your phone. I didn't want you to be distracted by anything, I just wanted you to have fun, that's why I took it. Now go home and sleep well. Good night!

"Good night Jake, thank you so much for today!"

Jake seemed really worried about me. It felt like he was hiding something from me. I wonder what it is.

I took a quick shower and went directly to my bed. I took my phone and immediately checked Infinite's official page wondering if there is any news about Myungsoo. It has become a habit of mine.

.... WHAT?

Myungsoo and Suzy are now confirmed to be dating? and both their agencies have confirmed that they're in a relationship and they love each other?

Is that why Jake took my phone? He already knew that... 

A smile appeared on my face and a tear escaped from my eye at the same time. "You did well Myungsoo, you made the right decision. I hope you're happy now." I whispered.