Chapter Nineteen: Goodbye.

I Temporary Lived By Your Side.

Woohyun looked so angry. All he did was giving me a disappointed look.

"Woohyun ah..." I called him.

 "We need to talk."  He said then he just left.

"Please don't forget what I told you. And no matter what happens, don't tell anyone about it." I said to Suzy and instantly followed Woohyun.

He went to the practice room. 

"You were joking, right? What I heard you say wasn't true, right? There's no way you'll be doing this to Myungsoo... Don't you love him? " He kept asking as soon as I got in.

My tears were running down my cheeks. I hate how I can't control them anymore, I hate how I always break down everytime someone mentions his name. 

"It's for him! It's all for him! It's for all of you... I can't stay here." I said with quite a loud shaky voice.

"Is it because of that scandal? We'll figure it out I promise, you don't have to leave. Myungsoo won't let you, none of us will. " He said.

"No you can't... none of you can. It's so much bigger than that Woohyun ah.. The only person who can solve this is me. And the only way to do it is leaving. " I said as I got closer to him.

He wouldn't leave me alone if I don't tell him the truth. So I just told him everything. I told him about what the CEO said, I told him about the possibility of him making Myungsoo leave Infinite and about our deal. He was so shocked and speechless.

"Please don't tell him anything now. I'll let him know when the time is right. Don't tell the other members either. I only want to remember spending happy moments with you guys." I looked down.

(Woohyun)

I was completely shocked to know how cruel our CEO is. And knowing that he really can destroy Myungsoo's career just to get more money made me really worried. What breaks my heart was seeing Seol ah who is like a younger sister to me suffering because of that. She loves Myungsoo so much that she's ready to give up her happiness for his own sake. And what makes more even angrier is not being able to do anything to change this. 

She was crying, and I was just standing there not knowing what to do or even what to think of.

I gave her a friendly hug. A hug and some comforting words were the only things I could do for her in such a painful moment. " Eun Seol ah, you're an amazing person. I just want you to know that you mean so much to me. You mean so much to us. You, coming into our life was a blessing. You're the greatest friend and girlfriend someone could ever have. I hate seeing you like this. I hate seeing both you and Myungsoo falling apart like this without being able to do anything to fix it. Don't worry about that, if that's what you want. I won't say anything to anyone." 

 ( A week later)

(Seol ah) 

The past week was a really busy week for me. I had to do so many things.I had to clear up and finish so many things before I leave. I haven't met BTS guys since the graduation ceremony. They were on a full schedule so we were just texting every now and then. But I had to meet them before I leave so I did. I first only met Jungkook. Telling him that I don't feel that way toward him was the toughest things I did this week. He looked pretty down but he promised me that things won't change between us and that we can still remain friends, I'm happy I didn't have to lose him, he's a really precious friend to me.

Today is the last day, I've been trying to gather my strength all these few days for the sake of this day.  I finished composing the song. Everything is ready now.

I woke up so early in the morning, I made a lunch box, prepared some snacks, sodas and everything we're gonna need. I put on my favorite dress, I curled my hair and did my make up. What a beautiful spring day!

I went to the company after I got ready. 

I can hear voices from Infinite's practice room. They all must be there. I took a deep breath before opening the door. I suddenly remembered that moment when I was so nervous before opening the door of the meeting room after surviving my suicide attempt. Everything started on that exact day. And now It's all going to be over. 

I finally opened the door. " Yah Kim Myungsoo! What are you doing here on such a great day? Are you going to stay here and practice all day when the weather is that nice?" I said loudly.

"What? But-but I just got here!" He said looking all confused which I found very adorable.

"I know, that's why you have to come with me," I said as I took his hand. 

"But.."

"No more buts. I've already talked to your manager and you're having a day off." I excitedly said.

"How did you-"

"How did I convince him?" I cut him off. "I have my own ways." I smiled at him.

SungyeolYah! Aren't we going to have a day off as well? Let's go together!!

"Um... no. Guess we cannot do that now, I'll have to borrow your friend for a day. Sorry!" I jokingly said.

SungyeolThat's not fair! I'm going to get a girlfriend too! 

HoyaYou owe us bigtime Eun Seol ah!

Everyone was giggling, they looked all cheerful except Woohyun. He was just sitting out there looking at me apologetically, he already knows everything. And I'm grateful he didn't say anything.

Myungsoo was so happy and really surprised at the same time. He wasn't expecting any of this and I'm letting him see this side of me for the first time in three years, especially that I never do things like that first, or act this way. Now that I'm thinking of it... I should've done it many times before. 

"So, where do you wanna go this early in the morning?" He said smiling brightly.

"Let's go to that place we went on our first day together. Our special place. And look what I made, it's a lunch box! Didn't we agree to go there someday in this spring?"

"Sure, let's go!" He said.

We got into the car, and before we get going he was just sitting there staring at me. " Something about you looks different today." He said while still staring at me which kinda made me shy. 

"Is it your make up? Or maybe your hair? wait... is it your personality?" He said as he moved closer to me. 

"Yah... what are you doing..." I shyly looked down.

He giggled. "You look so beautiful, I'm really lucky to have such a beautiful girlfriend." His fingertips lightly slid down from my face what made my heart leap thousand times faster. 

How can I do that? How can I survive after this day? How can I live without this guy? 

(Myungsoo)

I keep wondering what did I do so great to deserve to be with someone like her. She's amazing. She's not only beautiful but she's the most innocent, kind-hearted person I've ever met. I've been with her for three years but my heart still rices every time I see her. I want her to be by my side forever. It's just so hard when she's not around, nothing feels right. 

   

However... She hasn't been herself in the last few days. No matter how happy she pretends to be, I'm pretty sure she's hiding something. She keeps zoning out and falling asleep in the middle of the day. Thinking of that hurts. I don't want her to hide anything from me, I don't want her to think that she's gonna annoy me or something if she tells me about all the things that are going in her life. But I just can't bring this up today, she has prepared so much, I don't want her to feel down thinking about sad things. 

While I was driving, she suddenly kept silent, she seemed like she was deeply thinking about something. I wonder what's bothering her that much.

"Seol ah yah... do you want to listen to music?" I asked her trying to distract her a little bit.

She's still lost in her thoughts, she's not even listening to me. "Seol ah!! Yah!  what are you thinking about?" 

(Seol ah)

Being with him has become harder than ever. I keep having second thoughts. Did I make the right decision?

(Flashback)

CEO: A deal, you said?

Seol ah: Yes. I'll do as you said, I'll break up with him and disappear from his life forever. But I need you to give me at least 15 days.

CEO: Why?

Seol ah: I'm going to write a song for him in these days as a last gift from me. I want you to make sure that he's going to sing it on a solo stage.

CEO: Is that all?

Seol ah: Yes.

CEO: It doesn't seem like a big deal, I mean if you really going to disappear as you said. And don't expect me to give you credits for "your song." 

Seol ah: I do not need that. I just want to hear him singing it. So, does that mean that you've accepted?

CEO: First, how do I make sure you won't be back after I do that?

Seol ah (smirks): Do I seem like I'm that kind of persons to you? I'm going to leave the company, I'm gonna leave Korea as well. I'm going back to my hometown. London. I've already made my decision and I'm not going to come back here. And in return, I don't want him to leave Infinite, I don't want you to force him to do something he doesn't want to do. Also, please don't treat him badly because of me. I promise you that none of them is going to see me after 15 days. I want to at least spend more time with him before I leave. 

CEO: You're smarter than I thought. Fine, I'll give you what you want. You know what's gonna happen if you don't keep your promise, right?  

Seol ah: I know. I never break my promises.

(End of flashback) 

I was so lost in my thoughts thinking about every single word I said to the CEO. Myungsoo has so many people around him who truly love him. "He's gonna get over me after a while, he's going to be fine" I kept trying to convince myself. 

  "Seol ah!! Yah! what are you thinking about?" He startled me. 

I was probably so lost in my thoughts that I didn't pay attention to what he said.

"N-nothing, I'm just... " I looked at from the window trying to find any excuse to tell him. " Oh? We're almost there, I really missed this place!" I said.

"Are you okay? I know there's something you're hiding from me, what is it? What's wrong Seol ah?" He stopped the car and looked at me intently.

"Can't you see how happy am I just by being by your side? Nothing is wrong. Everything is perfect as long as we're together." I smiled at him as I held his hand.

He didn't seem to believe me but he just nodded.

   

I can say that after this day, we became ten times closer to each other, it was like a beautiful dream I never want to wake up from. We laughed together, we took pictures, we talked and we walked, we played hide and seek, the flowers out there were so beautiful and colorful, the sky was so clear, food has never tasted that delicious. Is that how it feels to be in love? Does everything become so beautiful to the point that it feels like a dream? After it got darker we just lied down on the grass looking at the stars with our fingers intertwined, just like when we first came here a few years ago, but the difference is that we love each other so much now, we're more comfortable with each other and... we're about to break up.

Time flew so fast and so did my happiness.

We should go back to reality now, walking for 10 minutes to get to the car felt longer than the whole three years we spent together, so many things were going through my head, I was thinking about everything that I thought it would explode. I suddenly stopped walking and looked at  Myungsoo. His car is just a few steps away.

   

"Myungsoo yah... I know we spent so many days together but for some reason, today was the best day of my life. I had so much fun, and I truly felt how much you love me. I just want you to know that I really do love you, I love you so much." I said as I looked at his eyes. I somehow felt the urge to say these words to him, although he may hate me later... I just want him to know that I truly him.

"I'm the one who's supposed to say this, every day I spend with you is my favorite day. I believe that better days are coming in the future, I want to spend every single day with you Seol ah. I love you too." He said as he leaned his forehead on mine.

Hearing these words from him made my heart aches. How can I tell him that there will be no future for us? Oh no, I can't be crying again. I can't let him see my tears now. 

I quickly hugged him tightly, I can't let him see my tears, this is not the right moment to be weak Eun Seol ah!

I gave him a long tight hug, he was obviously surprised since I did that all of sudden but I didn't care. When would I be in his arms like this again?
 

We got into the car and he turned the music on... listening to this song with the gentle wind blowing my hair while I'm looking at the stars through the window next to the love of my life was another unforgettable moment that I'll be thinking about as long as I'm alive. 

   

(It's one of Myungsoo's favorite songs

After we got to the city, I asked him to stop by the train station.

Jake is already there. He has my luggage my flight tickets and everything. We'll go back to London together, and we already agreed to meet at the train station around 10 pm.  
 

"Why are we here? Are we going somewhere?" Myungsoo asked.

When did the word "we" became this painful to hear?

"We... we're not. I'm going somewhere." I said with a shaky voice. This is harder than I ever thought it can be.

"Wait... what are you saying? Where are you going and why didn't you tell me anything before?" He looked confused and mad at the same time.

I held his hand and squeezed it.I tried to maintain calm. 

"Myungsoo yah... It's been a great time. These last three years I spent with you were the best years of my life. Thank you, and... I'm sorry... I'll always remember you, I'll always be your fan." A tear has already escaped from my eye. Saying these words out loud made me realize that it's really the end.

He didn't say a word. He was frozen in place, lost in thoughts. He already knew that something was going on, after all, I'm a bad liar. But seeing him like that made me worry even more. He didn't say anything, he didn't ask me why, he didn't ask me to stay, he was just... frozen.

"I know you're mad at me... But trust me it's all for you. I don't want anything bad to happen to you Myungsoo yah... why aren't you saying anything?" I took a box from my backpack. It has the song, a letter, and a little handmade teddy bear. I put it in the backseat.  "This is my last gift to you. Please be well. Goodbye... My love." 

He suddenly grabbed my elbow. "Don't go," He said.

I couldn't believe what I saw. His eyes were teary... During all these years that I've been with him, I've never seen him crying, not even once.  It was so painful, I couldn't bear to see him like that. I just quietly removed his hand from my elbow, got out of the car and ran to the train station. I looked back one last time and he was still in the car. He wasn't moving, he was just sitting there staring blankly at nothing with his teary eyes. "I'm sorry... I'm so sorry Myungsoo yah... "