Ch: Just Maybe

Close to You ( Crush.T )

Chapter one: Just Maybe

 

It was the 24rd of January, 2012, the day after the Seollal holiday, and Hyosub was completely torn to bits. The yearly family interrogations had somehow turned extra vile this year; he was no longer the precious baby attending high school. He needed to start thinking about ‘growing up, and leading a proper life’. Not only had he received multiple blind date offers from his aunts, he’d been vigorously urged to apply for university, get a proper degree and a proper job. His grandfather had even come up with a list of ideas as to where he should apply. The SKY universities, of course, was favorable. “Study pharmacy; it’s a respectful profession, and it guarantees you a comfortable living,” he’d kept telling him. It seemed as if everyone, except Hyosub, had agreed that this was the plan they should go with.

 

Seated by the window inside a convenience store, the raven-haired male was currently mulling over a bowl of instant ramyeon, nonchalantly swirling the noodles about with his utensils while brooding over the past three days. Maybe they had a point; maybe it was time to grow up? Maybe he should come to terms with the fact that only a small handful of artists could make a proper living off of their work, and that he simply wasn’t one of them?

 

He’d promised his mom for the longest of time that he’d go ahead and apply for University, and that he’d try to get a part-time job. “You can work on your music as a hobby, you know?”, she’d said over and over with an encouraging smile to her lips. Sure, a hobby. His mother might be right, but it would have to wait just one more day. He’d told her that no matter what was to happen in the future, tonight was to be his day to say a proper goodbye to his dream, a “funeral" celebrated through drinks, a concert, and exaggerated chants, per se.

 

Hyosub stared blankly through the window, finally letting go of the chopsticks in order to draw his hand lazily through his heavy bangs. The ramyeon had gone cold by now, but it didn’t really matter; he had little to no appetite either way. He wasn’t really in the mood to attend a concert, but he knew that he had to. Why?- Because aside from laying his dreams dead for good, Hyosub had an ulterior motive. It sounded crazy even to him, but if he could hand one of the artists his mixtape... Then maybe, just maybe, that could lead to something- anything!

 

As the concert was to take place at a basement bar, notorious for it’s cool vibe, Hyosub had decided to meet up early. This way he could be absolutely sure that he’d be able to get in. There was a limited amount of space, and the desperate young man simply couldn’t afford to gamble. One of the artists that were to perform was a newly debuted artist going by the alias Zion.T. While some might assume a fresh debutant to be a rookie, Hyosub was enough of a fan to know that that wasn’t the case at all. Not only had he been working as a co-producer, he had this rare finesse to him that you’re either born with, or you’re not. If he could manage to meet up with him, just for a second- then maybe, just maybe, he would acknowledge his talent and hard work.
 

After an hour of sitting in the convenience store, Hyosub decided that there was no point in staring the ramyeon over any further. His body felt unbelievably heavy as he slumped off of his seat, dragging his feet out of the store once he'd thrown the unfinished meal in the bin. The bar wasn’t far away, but every single meter felt like a jogging trip up Namsan Hill. There was no way to ensure that he’d even be able to get ahold of the man to begin with, but he would have to at least try. No matter how humiliating, Shin Hyosub wasn’t going to give up without ensuring that he had tried everything in his power to achieve his one and only dream in life.

 

Hyosub pursed his lips to the point of numbness as the bar came to view down the street. It was now or never.

 

 

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
Author's Note:
TT;; I did it. I've started something I've always wanted to do, but never had the guts to go through with. 
I've got dyslexia, but I'm doing my best as I go along! Hopefully it's not a complete eyesore. ^^, 
Never let your disadvantages get in the way of doing something you set your mind on doing!
Even if this ends up having zero views/readers, I'll consider this a personal victory.