A New Start

Where fate leads

After getting up early, Yoona finished her morning routine and made herself a cup of coffee.Now standing at her house's balcony with the cup in her hands she is taking in the view in front of her.She is trying to contemplate how much has changed or is the same. The apartment alloted to her by her company is close to the area where she used to live before her departure.Though she felt the similarities but still she could not feel the same about this place. Truely so much has changed.

She has a day to unpack and settle her things in her apartment before she has to start working at the new branch. Earlier she has texted Yuri her address and they had decided to meet at 4 in afternoon at her apartment. Yuri even offered to help her unpack.She thought of getting herself a warm bath to chase the remaining fatigue away from her travel. She  drew her bath and arranged all the toileteries in the bathoom.When she opened the zip of the suitcase to take her clothes, she paused. The first thing she saw was a photoframe with a torned picture of herself and the love of her life.That was one of the rarest picture that spotted Yoona's genuine smile. As she was deprived of so much happiness she had a limited reasons and source to smile.She could'nt even remeber keeping that frame in her luggage. Maybe because she was in a sort of histerical state. Seeing that frame and the person in it her heart skipped a beat and constricted. Tears gathered in the corner of her eyes. How much she missed her! She should have never left all that she had. Yoona composed herself and put that frame back. Taking her clothes she retreated to the bathroom.

Spending a good hour under shower and crying her eyes out,Yoona got to work of arranging her things as much as she could before Yuri comes.She started with getting something to eat and some drinks for both of them. It was already 12 at noon. She decided to skip lunch and focused on unpacking the luggage as she wants to get as much done before Yuri comes. By the strike of three she was almost through unpacking as she didn't brought much with her. Few more minutes after she rested herself on the couch and waited for Yuri.

As expected the doorbell to her aparment rung at sharp 4 o clock. She got up and head towards the door. As soon as the door was opened Yoona was enveloped into a bone crushing hug from her friend. At first she was stunned as she was not used to skinships since so many years. She had been so aloof that the feeling of this seems foreign to her. After few seconds a smile crept on her face and she returned the hug. Yuri seemed  so excited to meet her again and this made Yoona happy thinking there is still someone to care about her. She invited Yuri in and they both sat down chatting.

" It's been such a long time Yoona. You can't even imagine how much I've missed you."

"I've missed you too Yuri, more than you think."

"Hey but I am upset with you Yoona. First you left all of a sudden without even telling me. And then, you didn't even tried to contact again. Only when you were about to return that I know of you.You know that hurts."

" I know Yuri and I am really sorry. I would also be upset if I were you. But what could have I done? The situation at that time forced me to leave here. I am sorry that I didn't  Told you anything because I knew you wont let me go. Can you forgive me Please?"

"You don't have to apologize Yoona.I Know everything about why you left"

"You Know",Yoona exclaimed

"Yes I did and I think things could had worked out Yoona. You didn't had to left."' Yuri sighed." But anyways it's all in the past and now that you are back I hope we'll never loose contact Yoona"

Yoona Nooded.

"So tell me how are you and tell me everything about how was your life in Busan?"

Yoona shook her head" Leaving everything behind and starting a new was too difficult. I was lost and desperate, but somehow slowly things worked out in the end. Currently I am working in the marketing department of ASTEC Skincare. And they have recently started a new branch  and transferred me here as they were lacking staff. Although I didn't want to come but they left me no choice."

Yuri smiled knowingly" Maybe fate has something for you in store, bringing you back here."

" I had stopped believing my faith since long Yuri. My life is never going to be better." Said Yoona dejectedly.

 Yuri said nothing for few minutes as they both were trying to overcome the emotions. Then she asked the question about the thing which was being avoided  by both of them purposely. Then she started.

"Yoona! Have you thought about meeting .......her again?"

Yoona knew Yuri can understand her well and that's why she asked her about this. But Yoona couldn't, even if she wanted to.So she declined saying,

" No Yuri. She is my past now and I had lost all the rights for her by leaving. So I cannot approach her even if I want to."

Yuri nodded saying she understands. They catched up for another hour about each other's lives and when it was time for Yuri to leave she wished her goodluck and left.

But not before silently wishing for her friend's happiness.

"I believe that you are going to get your happy ending Yoona.Fate can't be that cruel to you" she thought before finally leaving.