New CEO

Where fate leads

 

 

 

 

Yoona wakes up with a start from her deep slumber.  She was awakened from the shrilling sound of her alarm clock. It was on a snooze mode. Which means she overslept for Fifteen minutes. Reaching out her hand to stop the alarm she sat up in her bed with her head hung low. It's been so long that she had dreamt about her. Naturally she overslept. Yes, it was'nt the first time after their seperation that Yoona dreamt about her. 

At first,it was in the initial stages of her departure that she dreamt almost everyday of her. Though she missed everything-of Yuri, of her mother, Seoul, everything. But she missed Seohyun the most. Her heart ached for Seohyun. Only she knew how much she wanted to go back to her safe heavens, To her Seohyun. Apart from leaving Seohyun she regretted leaving the city. Not because she loved the city, but because it held the three most important bits of her life. Which was her mother, Yuri and most importantly, Seohyun. After Seohyun, the reason she yearned to be back was because of her mother. It was the second time she did not get to say her proper goodbyes to her mother, before parting ways.

When she moved from Seoul, She had to face many problems. It is not easy for anyone to start your life right from step one,is'nt it? But Yoona was accustomed to it as she had done that for most part of her life. Despite being used to it, she could not help but feel helpless and disheartened when the night came along with feeling of loneliness. She was no longer accustomed to that. And that's why it was much harder for her to get back to her isolated self. To not think about having someone by your side. She even had to cry herself to sleep everynight for a month. At night she got dreams about her past. Most were flashbacks of her life and the rest were fabricated images of her brain. Imagination of how life could have been if she would had chosen to stay. And definitely, she dreamed about her recent past, Those happy moments she spent with her love, in her recent past. Eventually, she stopped crying over her loss. You can't forever dwell upon it, right? But that does not stop her from reminiscing the life she left behind.

There were many occassions where upon seeing a particular sight will get her eyes blurry with tears or her wept in sorrow. Like that one time, after her two months of spending in the new place, she saw a couple. A lesbian couple to be exact. They  were sitting under a tree, hands intertwined, and gazing at each other with eyes full of love. And like the world around them does not exist. They both were  like the replica of her and Seohyun. With being the shorter girl shy and hesitant like her and the taller one charming and vibrant like Seohyun. And both living the moment with each others presence, irrespective of the worries of their future. Yoona could almost reflect them both into that loveable couple.

Seeing them both took her to her happy and memorable days back with Seohyun where they were both were unaware of the future worries and facing their reality. And suddenly from longing to have those days back, she felt suffocated from remembering those same memories. It was getting harder for her to breath. She wanted to run, or scream anything to let out her agony. She all but escaped that scene. This was just one of her unfortunate life event which increased her sufferings. Sometimes, she even hallucinated about Seohyun. As if she was present with Yoona and answered whatever she asked about by her action or reaction, not with words. To others, Yoona was living. But in reality, she was only breathing. She always gets up as morning came, finish her morning routine, getting ready for work, spending her day working, coming back and going back to bed and wishing to never wake up again. Most of the time she even skipped meal or just living on instant food packages. 

This went on for few more months until eventually Yoona got used to it. She got numb of all the pain and emotions she felt. But also had a permanent emptiness in her heart. But she can't do anything about that, can she? She had no other option but to endure it and live with it. The dreams and hallucinations too stopped bothering Yoona. She no longer wept, yearned or reminisced her. She had successfully locked all those memories which was affecting her at the back of her mind.

 

So why all of sudden she dreamt about her after so long. It must have to do something with their sudden encounter, well half encounter. For only Yoona got to know of Seohyun's presence. And why of everything she had to dream about their first kiss? Their first  real act as a couple. That's the most special moment for Yoona of their relationship. It felt so very real. As if she wasn't dreaming, as if they both had actually kissed right now. She still could feel the softness of Seohyun's lips over hers. What could all this means?

Once again noticing the time in her clock, she decided to not dwell on this thought anymore and got up to get ready. She was already late for her work.

Yoona rushed inside her department after running to catch the bus and almost missing it. Even when she got there she had to wait for the elevator for long. But somehow she managed to be in her department just on time. By the time she reached, she was panting and her forehead was covered in sweat.

She sat down on her chair, catching her breath and wiping the sweat. After few minutes she started doing her work. Concentrating in it and trying to forget about her dream. And she didn't had to put much efforts because there were few pending files which needed to be completed today itself. 

When she was halfway done with the files it was already lunch time. She was contemplating on whether to go for work or continue doing her work, Krystal and Victoria approached.

"Hey Yoona! Come with us for lunch

"Ugh, I think I should continue with work. Lest I wont be done till working hours gets over."

"Come on! It won't take long. You'll be able to complete your work after that."

"Besides, you shouldn't skip meals, because considering your health it doesn't looks like you are doing good at it."

They insisted and Yoona complied.

 

 

AT LUNCH

They were sitting together at a corner table with there own sets of meal. Between their meals Krystal started,

"Have you heard that we are going to have a new CEO."

"Is that so? Where did you get to know about it?" Victoria inquired

"From Siwon oppa. Apparently, he is the second child and only son of this company's owner. He'll be going to takeover this business and he'll be arriving tomorrow maybe"

"Oh really! Let's see how well it turns out" said Victoria

"I hope his good looking and handsome." Krystal commented dreamily.

Victoria sighed,"dream on Krystal! I think you don't stand a chance because as per my knowledge, he's married."

"Well as long as he's handsome I won't mind dating him. I can be his extra marital affair." Krystal wiggled her brows jokingly.

Victoria rolled her eyes. Then both turned to Yoona who was silently listening.

"What do you think about this Yoona?"

"Well it doesn't bother me much. Unless it affects me in any way I couldn't care enough."

"You're no fun" both of them agreed at Krystal's comment.

Yoona smiled and shook her head. After 5 minutes she was done with her lunch and excused herself for work. Both of them sent her off continuing with their business. Whereas Yoona headed towards her desk being oblivious that soon her fate was going to take a drastic turn.