I like you too!

Where fate leads

After two days of her talk with Yuri, Yoona had made up her mind. Today she was going to give Seohyun her answer. Seohyun had waited long enough and she atleast deserves a proper answer. So for that she had taken a day off and asked her colleague to cover up for her. Today she'll talk to her after classes.

The hours went by really slowly for Yoona. She was impatiently waiting for the day to end so she could have that prolonged talk with Seohyun.

So, as soon as the bell for their last class rang, Yoona was off to her feet towards the gate. As she had decided earlier, she waited at the exit for her, just like how Seohyun had done before. From the crowd of the students walking out she was trying to look for that familiar face.

After sometime, she saw Seohyun walking out with Yuri tagging along. It's funny how impatient Yoona was to see Seohyun. But as soon as she saw her all her courage was turned into nervousness. She was beginning to loose her determination. But no, she won't back out because Seohyun owes a proper answer from her. 

As Yoona was debating mentally, both Seohyun and Yuri noticed her and approached her.Yuri greeted her whereas Seohyun was just standing by her side, staring intently at Yoona. After acknowledging Yuri, Yoona's eyes were trained to her. Nobody said anything for some time. Sensing the tension between them Yuri excused herself for going home. She left, but not before giving Yoona a look for assurance and a gentle squeeze of hand.

Yoona was nervous and didn't know how to start. Seohyun was still staring at her. Yoona just looked at her and said, 

"We need to talk.", and Seohyun replied her with a nod.

Both of them find themselves at the same park where they first had their moment. It was because they would be needing all the privacy and proper atmosphere for their talk. So what could be better place than that? 

They were walking towards the same spot where Seohyun pushed Yoona into that heap. They stopped at that very place. Seohyun was still very much quite, maybe waiting for Yoona to say something.

Yoona was taking her time, preparing herself and mentally encouraging herself to start. Seohyun doubted that Yoona was going to start soon, so she opened to say something and lessen the tension. But before she could utter a word, Yoona lead her to a nearby bench. She followed and sat beside her on bench.

Yoona was looking down at her folded hands. Taking a deep intake of breath she started,

"Seohyun" , she called softly and Seohyun shifted.

Yoona knew she had her full attention and she continued looking up but not meeting her eyes.

"Before I give you an answer, you need to know something about me."

"There is not much to know about my life. I didn't ever knew my father. I was only child with a single mother. I only got to know a little about my father, on my mother's death bed by her. At thirteen I lost my mother,my only family. I only got to know Yuri a year ago and I am grateful that I do. The time I spent after my mother's demise and before Yuri came, it was full of loneliness and solitude. If not for Yuri's efforts, I still would be alone now.", Yoona paused to take a breath. And Seohyun waited.

"You might be knowing all of this already. But the reason I'm telling you all this is because I want you to completely know me before you want to take a chance with me. THE reasons behind my actions, my behaviour everything. I have been alone for too long that I had forgot about emotions. I can't understand them anymore. Even when my mother was alive, she barely had any time to be with me. We rarely interact. Even then I was lonely. But I knew At least that someone is there to care for me." Yoona's voice cracked at the end. She was trying to control her tears that was pooling at corner of her eyes by taking deep breaths.

Seohyun wanted to comfort her but she held back and waited for her to continue.

"Seohyun the reason I ignored you when we first met, when I just walked away from you when you asked me for a chance and when I pushed you away when you wanted an answer and hurted you, was all because i didnt know how to handle the situations. I've never interacted much with anyone other than Yuri and my mother. Even now, Yuri is the one to start talking with me most of the time. I was never and am not good at handling emotions. And that's why I thought it would be best if we stay away from each other. I didn't wanted to feel anything for anyone."

Yoona finally looked at Seohyun before she started saying what she wanted to from the start.

"But you! You made me feel things. Things I couldn't understand. I didn't know why I befriended you so easily when I usually avoid people. Why couldn't i ignore you when you attempted to get close to me.Why i thought about you when you were not around, why I missed you. And why couldnt see you hurting when i tried to push you away."

Seohyun,now, after hearing this was getting hopeful.

Yoona continued, "I tried to deny my feelings for you. I even though knew what it is, but tried to lie to myself. But you were persistent, just like Yuri. The difference is that you wanted something else from me and I too felt differently for you then Yuri. And after Yuri confronted me, I decided to give this a chance. Give us a chance."

Seohyun could not believe what she heard. She stared at Yoona unsure if she had imagined everything or was this really happening. Had Yoona really accepted her.

To be sure of this she uttered the first sentence that day to Yoona.

"Really Yoona! You're really going to give me a chance? You're notbluffing right."

"No Seohyun I'm not bluffing. I'm serious. Even though I_I'm scared because all this is so new to me , it is worth a try. So for that I want you to be sure too If you really want to carry on after this with me. Because if you're not then I want you to put a stop right now. Or else i wont be able to get myself back on track afterwards."

"No!no! I am damn serious Yoona so you need not be scared. I wont doanything to burtyou, i promise." Seohyun said hurriedly.

Yoona just nodded in reply and then they both fell silent. Then Seohyun started.

"You know Yoona, this is the first time that you said so many things to me and I am glad for that."

Yoona smiled. Seohyun continued

"But even after talking so long you didn't said how you feel about me. I want you to say it properly like I had said to you."

Yoona blushed and was hesitant to say this. But Seohyun expectantly looked at her waiting. So she tried.

"I.....i"

"I like you too!" Yoona shrieked and looked away. Seohyun laughed softly but she found it cute.

"But I have one request to make."

Seohyun looked at her with questioning  eyes.

"Please take it slow. I am not yet prepared co.pletely. And I want to keep it a secret for now."

Seohyun nodded understanding. And then they walked away to their respective places. Wishing for the next day to come soon so they could see each other.