001

 〈 KNG〉  : the kings of a new generation. 
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I

IN WHICH KINO KNOWS HE'S LEVI'S FAVORITE CHILD

posted march 23, 2024

 

"tae-hyung broke part of the set." — bae kino

bighit entertainment building

march 14, 2017

10:00 p.m.

 

When Bae Kino pushed open the practice room door, greeted by the pulsing bass of TYRANT blasting through the speakers, he was fully expecting to see Levi Tak, hair tied back with a rubber band and shoes squeaking on the floor while the second-oldest member of their predebut team danced a choreography that Kino had never seen. 

 

And, as the youngest member and the second member of BIGHITBOYS' dance line, Kino probably felt a little affronted that his definitely not favorite hyung was hiding things from him. 

 

He eased the door closed behind him, though, and settled in to watch Levi until his presence was noticed. Interrupting Levi when he was in his element? Not something Kino wanted to do. Not for fear of any anger or frustration on Levi's part, but because Kino loved to watch him dance. There was a reason Big Hit put such a focus on Levi's dance skills when it came to the BIGHITBOYS videos they had to release. 

 

Did that make Levi their secret weapon? 

 

Maybe it did. Kino didn't think anyone outside of Big Hit had heard Levi's voice, save for a few words here and there. 

 

The music changed, from TYRANT to their "trailer" song, and that was when Levi seemed to notice Kino's presence. He jumped, tired eyes wide until he realized who it was that leaned against the practice room door. Shaking his head, Levi slunk over to the sound system and tapped at his phone screen until the music stopped, leaving the room once drowned in bass, rap and shoe squeaks flooded with silence. 

 

It was almost disconcerting. 

 

"Howdy, hyung," beamed Kino. 

 

"Hi, Kiki." Levi pulled the hairtie out of his hair and ran his hands through the dark, sweat-slicked strands. "What's up?" 

 

BIGHITBOYS' beloved youngest shrugged his shoulders and watched Levi retrieve his water bottle, swallowing most of the liquid in a few long swallows. 

 

"I finished my photoshoot," he said, and perhaps it was evil of him to wait until Levi filled his mouth with water to add, "and then Tae-hyung broke part of the set." 

 

Levi proceeded to choke, water spraying out of his nose and dripping down his chin. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter