A Defiled Princess

The Warrior
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3 – A Defiled Princess

 

After Yong Jae died, Jun replaced his brother to rule the Kingdom, since Irene couldn't take the throne. No queen, nor princess, was allowed to rule an empire. It was the law used in all kingdoms in their era.

While Irene was settling in her throne beside her uncle, Sehun’s eyes narrowed at her with concern. Even though she tried to look strong, her heart must still have ached due to her father's tragic death.

The hall's attention turned to the front door, which opened and revealed a man in his early thirties striding with his people and soldiers following behind. The way he carried himself, as well as his attire, showed that he was someone of very high importance, and it was explained by the crown on his head.

"His Majesty the King of Baekje Empire. King Jinsa," a soldier announced.

Jun straightened himself up and eyed the man in front of him, a smile on his lips.

"It's been a while," the man addressed as King Jinsa spoke and stepped forward to the thrones. He greeted Jun like an old friend he hadn’t met in a long time.

"Jinsa." Jun smiled at his guest, looking very pleased. "It is my pleasure to have you here." He turned to Irene and introduced her, "Well, I am sure that you have heard about my niece, Irene."

Jinsa darted his gaze on her. He had heard that the princess of Silla Kingdom was beautiful, but he had never expected that she could be this beautiful. Such a Goddess. He didn't regret what he had planned before he came here.

Sehun, who was standing just behind her, didn't like the look Jinsa gave her. Hunger and lust.

"Yes, I am aware," Jinsa murmured. A mischievous smile appeared on his lips as he turned to Jun again. "In fact, I'm afraid to say that it has something to do with my intention coming here."

Everyone was wondering now.

"And what is your intention coming here, my friend?" Jun asked although he could guess what it was. "What do you want from us?"

A smirk touched Jinsa's lips. "Irene," he stated out loud, clearly.

Gasps filled the room. Jinsa was taken aback, feeling something cold and sharp touching his chin.

Sehun was aiming his sword at Jinsa. Anger rose within the warrior. He clenched his weapon, and his jaw tightened. His eyes pierced Jinsa, telling him to change his mind before he ripped him apart. You wish.

Jinsa's guards marched forward and pointed their swords at Sehun. How crazy he was to threaten their King.

"Sehun," Jun warned, but Sehun didn't budge, keeping his eyes locked with Jinsa's.

The King of Baekje smirked, peering at the young, foolish man in front of him who dared to threaten him. He would make sure that this guy would pay for what he did. "I am here to propose to Irene to marry me," he said, more like commanded. He then turned to Irene and gave her a wicked smile while her eyes widened in horror.

 

 

"No, I will not marry him," Irene said, ignoring the look her uncle gave her. They had been arguing in his room for quite some time.

"Don't be selfish," Jun barked. "Do not only think about yourself."

"This is not about me!" she argued.  "Don't you know what kind of person he is? I thought you knew him." How could her uncle agree to such a silly proposal?

"He's already had many mistresses in his places. Don't you get it, uncle?”

"My dear, I never knew that you were into rumors." Jun sighed and shook his head.

"It's not rumors. It's the truth. I can see it just by the way he looked at me." Why wouldn’t he understand? Her father would have understood.

"You're just making assumptions. It's not a wise act for a princess like you."

"It would be a mistake if I were to marry him!" she cried, slamming her hands on his desk. "By the time you realize that I'm right, it will be too late. I will have been just another dessert on his bed."

"Watch your tone when you talk to me."

"You forced me to!"

"This is for the sake of our kingdom," Jun said firmly while Irene sighed in frustration. "Baekje Empire has a great land and great people. It's a victorious kingdom. If it unites with ours, our empire will be stronger than it has ever been. Don't you think about our kingdom? About our people's welfare?"

Irene stared at him in disbelief. "You plan to use me?" she whispered brokenly. "You're going to use me!" she cried.

"You are a selfish child," Jun replied, getting up from his chair. "I expected Yong Jae to have told you to grow up. You have to sacrifice to make your father proud."

"I think my father wanted me to be happy." With that said, she her heels and stormed out the door.

Jun heaved a long sigh, watching the door slammed shut. Since when has she been this stubborn? His thoughts wandered to one guy, and his fists shook with rage. Sehun.

 

 

Irene stormed through the hallway, totally angry with her uncle. How could he decide on something without considering her feelings? She couldn’t imagine a life together with that beast, Jinsa. Just the thought of it made her shudder.

She spotted Sehun in the yard and stopped in her tracks. He was playing a wrestling game with his friends. Soldiers laughed and drank beers while watching the match. She watched in awe as Sehun ducked at his opponent's attack and quickly turned around to bring him down. It happened so fast, yet seemed so easy for him.

When her eyes zoomed in his shirtless body and sweats on his well-toned abs, her cheeks heated up. He was so tall and well-built, and his unruly chestnut hair – how she wanted to run her hands through it. It didn't even make sense how she could like one man so little, yet like another so much.

No. What are you thinking? She scolded herself and slapped her cheeks. She darted her gaze on him again and almost died from seeing him laugh, yet she frowned at how happy he was in spite of her being engaged.

A maid who served the beers approached him and threw some compliments, touching his chest. Damn. She was flirting with him. No, he didn’t just let her touch his chest. Irene fumed and stomped toward him.

"Sehun," Irene called, approaching him. When the crowd saw her coming, they automatically stood up. "You, go find something to clean. You can start from my room," she ordered the flirty maid. Never had she thought that she could be that mean to somebody. The maid gave her a hater look and dismissed herself.

Sehun gawked at Irene. "What's the matter?"

Without answering, Irene walked off, and it left him no choice but to follow her, while the crowd just stared open-mouthed at the princess stealing her warrior.

 

 

"Where are we going?" Sehun called as they kept walking, but received no answer. It was when he caught her hand that Irene was snapped back into reality. "Irene."

She stopped, realizing that they were heading toward nowhere in particular. She turned around to face him. "Oh, I'm sorry."

She looked puzzled. Sehun studied her with concern, holding her shoulder. "Are you okay?" he asked.

She just nodded in answer. Obviously, she was bothered by the proposal earlier in the afternoon. Little did she know that it was driving him crazy as well, and that was why he had let himself occupied in the game.

"Come." He dragged her to have her meal first. They could handle this matter later.

Yet Irene didn't move and pulled his arm instead. Her soft hand touched his bare skin, and his breath caught in his throat.

"Your room, please?" she begged, looking him in the eyes, as if she didn't want to go anywhere else but there.

Sehun looked at her, wondering what was going on. "Okay."

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter