Chapter 2

Play pretend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

//HAPPY BIRTHDAY to our HUTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3 <3 <3 and by the way guys, this is double update. Another chapter is added too.// 

“Hyung? … hyung!” Ilhoon rubbed Eunkwang’s back, who passed out for about thirty minutes, mumbling some words but no one could hear clearly since he speaks so soft.

Eunkwang does not even move although Hyunsik called him. He is not dreaming or completely in sleep. He can clearly hear the sound of glasses, the sound of the liquor when the bartender pours down into the glass, the sound of food steps and the sound of people talking and there, there he heard Minhyuk’s voice.

That’s the reason why he does not want to open his eyes. He did pass out but by the time, he woke up, Minhyuk is already here. He is sitting at the corner of the bar, two seats far from Eunkwang: Ilhoon’s and Sungjae’s.

Eunkwang can feel Minhyuk’s stares although he closes his eyes. But he knows he can’t keep closing his eyes just to avoid him. At some point, he has to go home and then, he has to face Minhyuk again. Then, that sadness will come around and every feeling will be repeated in the same orbit.

“Hyung? Can you get up and walk? I think the bar is going be closed.” Sungjae said, as he put his hand on Eunkwang’s shoulder. And now, the time he hates comes. He has to face Minhyuk.

Eunkwang slowly opens his eyes only to realise his vision is unclear from his tears. Of course, he cried. So, he sits up straight and wipes his tears off.

“I can walk.” Eunkwang said with a little crack in his voice. But he could maintain to cover up with a smile to Sungjae and Ilhoon so that the kids can stop worrying him.

“Are you sure? We are worried about you.” Ilhoon said and Sungjae nodded in agreement.

“Seo Eunkwang!” the demanding voice cut through the conversation of three boys and eventually, two boys step back, saying they are going. Clearly, they do not want to be in the drama of two adult boys. Eunkwang feels guilty and scared to face Minhyuk. He does not know why he felt that way but he does feel like he is going to cry again if Minhyuk said harsh words. And he knows Minhyuk will definitely say them.

“Why didn’t you pick up my calls?” Minhyuk asked trying to meet Eunkwang’s eyes that are looking down on the pitch-black floor of the bar.

“Y…you called?” Eunkwang asked back with a slight of happiness and a surprise. Now that Eunkwang looks up with his eyes wide, their eyes are met again for the second time in this whole day. Both eyes were the same as before but just one gets a little bit sadder and one gets a little bit colder. The cold eyes are not Minhyuk’s anymore, it’s Eunkwang’s. It is not because he wants to act like it but because he does not want to be the weak one anymore.

Minhyuk could only have a second to see Eunkwang’s face since the older turns his head down to check his phone. Minhyuk can see his best friend gets surprised again when he saw 20 missed calls from him. Guess the older put the silent mood on for his phone.

“Ah…I…I’m sorry. I put my phone silent mo…” Eunkwang still does not look at Minhyuk when he said, more like explaining but the younger cut off by holding Eunkwang’s wrist.

“It’s okay. Let’s go home.” Minhyuk said. He never knew Eunkwang has such small wrists that it makes Minhyuk’s hand bigger.

--

On the way-back home is quiet. No one says a word but they both can hear the loudest and the most awkward silent.

Minhyuk does not like that kind of silent grew between him and Eunkwang. He hates it. He does not like how Eunkwang tries to hide everything. And he hates it even more when he is the one to cause that problem. Minhyuk, himself, is not open up his feelings. Sometimes, he wishes Eunkwang could talk to him about what he is trying to hide or just leave him instead.

If Eunkwang thinks Minhyuk does not know what is going on with him, then he is wrong. Of course, it is Minhyuk, Eunkwang’s best friend for many years. Minhyuk does know why the boy does not talk to him sometimes, why Eunkwang does not sit close to him, why Eunkwang gets angry or gets sad, why Eunkwang pretends like nothing happens when Minhyuk comes back very late but he would still wait for him at the living room.

That is because Eunkwang loves Minhyuk. And he knows it for sure. He knows his best friend loves him. And if you asked him if he loves Eunkwang too, he would definitely say yes without any hesitation. But you know the thing is they both are trying to win some stupid game of where people plays to care less for other.

He loves Eunkwang long before the older falls in love with him. No, he cannot point out the exact hour or second that he starts to love Eunkwang but he absolutely remembers when he realizes that he is in love with Eunkwang.

Last year, fall, that is when he realizes he is in love with Eunkwang. They both were walking out to the mall for some grocery shopping. The scene of where yellow leaves was falling and small hands of Eunkwang trying to catch them, moved Minhyuk’s heart as if he was watching how an angel flapped his wings and came down from heaven. That was not the love at first sight.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter