Chapter 1

Play pretend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Walking down the street with a headphone on, and watching at the falling leaves on the tree is only to remind Eunkwang that it is actually the fall again.

He hates fall. 

Even the name itself sounds a lot bitter to him. What happens to things when they fall? They are crashed. What happens when people fall? They hit something and get hurt. The same goes with love. If you ever fall in love with someone, the aftermath of falling and hitting the bottom will give nothing but the scars on your heart. 

Falling is dangerous. 

However, to come and think about it, he has been falling for quite a long time. Last year, this time, he has realized he has fallen. Fallen into the ocean of cute smile and small eyes. 

That ocean is Lee Min Hyuk. Eunkwang's best friend since birth. Neighbors. Classmates. And now, they become roommates. Fate is strong and so is Eunkwang's love for Min Hyuk.

Knowing the same guy for years and seeing that smile every day is nothing but a torture to Eunkwang. The same feeling you get when you cannot touch a precious flower because it is a pure beauty. 

Everyone has three sides: one, they show it to strangers. Two, they show it to friends and three, they never show it to anyone but themselves. Then Minhyuk would know all three sides of him. He knows Eunkwang inside out, upside down, except this one valid fact: Eunkwang loves Minhyuk. 

He loves him so much that he could die just from it. The feelings be so deep and clear. Yes, he loves him. But does he show it? No. Why? He is scared that Minhyuk would notice. He believes there is a high, very high possibility that their friendships of more than 20 years would be broken down, had he shown too much of himself being in love with Minhyuk. 

Even thinking about getting rejected breaks his heart a little. So, now he is playing pretend he does not care about Minhyuk. But he would still be there for him if he needs his help. And he could imagine Minhyuk telling him Eunkwang is such a cold-hearted person every time they get drunk. But what Minhyuk does not know is Eunkwang is just reflecting him. Minhyuk, also is the guy with cold-heart. Maybe he does not show how much he care of Eunkwang or maybe he does not care at all... That is one of the reasons why Eunkwang act the same. 

"Hyung!" Eunkwang's thoughts have been paused right after he felt someone pats his shoulder. When he looks back, he saw the tall figure with smiling face, looking at him as if he won the lottery. It is Yook Sungjae: his junior from the university that they both went to. 

"Sungjae!" Eunkwang said delightedly. He hasn't seen him since last year. Sungjae went abroad to study further. 

"I didn't know I might see you here." The younger said as he gives a tight hug. Eunkwang misses his brother. Yes, he could call him his brother as they are very close. He must admit Sungjae looks better than ever. He is not sure but that little fox has grown taller. 

"Same here. When did you come back?" Eunkwang asked as he holds Sungjae closely. 

"Yesterday night. I was going to call you guys but it was almost 1 am. By the way hyung what are these?" Sungjae asked pointing at the two bags that Eunkwang is carrying. 

"Soap and stuffs. I have to clean the house. It's Sunday." Eunkwang said without realizing he sounded like a housewife. He can see the younger laugh heartedly upon what he said.

"You and Minhyuk hyung are still living together?" he asked with small chuckles followed. It was just a simple question but it causes some movement inside Eunkwang's chest. If he is not wrong, he might be blushing now.

"Y..yeah." he answered, knowing there are a lot of shyness comprised.

"Awwn that's sweet. How is Minhyuk hyung?" Sungjae asked, even coughed softly from laughing so hard.

"He is good. Healthy as always."- Hotter than ever. No, he never said those second lines when it comes to Minhyuk. Eunkwang always controls himself for Minhyuk. He can't let Minhyuk knows he loves him, not as a friend, but as a lover, as a human and just like a painter loving for his masterpiece. 

"I see. Hyung, I really want to meet you guys. Let me call you this evening. I have to go and meet my relatives now." Sungjae said, looking at the watch on his right wrist. Black leather with golden case. This rich kid has never stopped his love for the watches. 

"Sure, Sungjae ah" Eunkwang said as he is waving at the boy who walks a bit fast. Looks like he is late. Eunkwang couldn't be happier to see Sungjae again and he is looking forward to tell Minhyuk. He knows Minhyuk would be as happy as he is.

--

Eunkwang opens the door bring the bags inside. When he closes the front door, all he realizes is the house is in complete dark. The curtains are not rolled up. And the windows are close. No sunlight is in. The living room is just the same as he left for the mall. 

Maybe Minhyuk has not woke up yet. He went to check Minhyuk but the room is empty with nothing but the cold white blanket of Minhyuk. Is he out already?

You see the thing is that no matter how much Eunkwang loves likes Minhyuk, he can't stand the certain kind of things that he does. For instance, leaving without telling anything. Sometimes Eunkwang was in the kitchen, cooking something or on the bed reading some books and he hears the front door closed and Minhyuk left. Without telling him a thing. That always leaves an ugly mark on Eunkwang's hear

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter