Little Peach Brother

Diary of Zhang Yixing

“I said stop doing that!”

 

Yixing flinched at the tone of Baekhyun’s voice. “I’m sorry. I was nervous-”

 

“I swear you just make me Urgh!” Baekhyun responded as he slapped Yixing’s hand. “Biting your nails is disgusting! Didn’t anyone teach you that?”

 

Yixing nodded and bowed his head. He sat in the back of the car with Baekhyun who already seemed annoyed with him. There wasn’t much of a reason why though. Maybe it was because Yixing’s situation was bothering him? Or maybe it was because of how he talked about Sehun. Yixing didn’t know. He looked up to see Sehun and Chanyeol up front, driving somewhere that Yixing didn’t know of. “So…” Yixing squeezed his hands tight as he tried for a conversation. “Where are we going?”

 

Baekhyun rose an eyebrow. “We’re going to HQ of course. Basically home.” he responded as if it was simple. Chanyeol’s eye met with Yixing’s for a brief moment.

 

“It’s nice. Only the three of us actually sleep there. The lower rank members have to sleep elsewhere.” Chanyeol responded.

 

“What if intruders come in to rob or murder you?”

 

Baekhyun looked at Yixing as if he was dumb. “We’re the higher ranked members for a reason. We can handle ourselves.” he huffed, crossing his arms. “Besides Chanyeol would probably be up at night to watch over. He doesn’t sleep much at night.” he muttered. 

 

Chanyeol grinned as he turned right on the road. “I’ve been painting up some new canvas for gigs. I just got one from a nice older lady for her cat, so I’ve been doing my best to detail as much as I can!”

 

“That sounds nice, Chanyeol!” Yixing praised. “How many customers have you had so far?” he asked.

 

The driver blushed and cheekily responded, “Just a few like 5.”

 

“5 is still amazing! Chanyeol, that says a lot of your paintings!” Yixing said. “I’ve seen some of your work and they stilll amaze me everytime. Your work just shows how much effort you put in and how you keep a sharp eye for detail!”

 

Just as Yixing was going to say more, he laid eyes on Sehun. The other was quiet. He was looking out the window, keeping to himself. Yixing looked at the other’s reflection off of the window. Sehun’s eyes were hooded. They didn’t spark nor did they seem to be alive. Just dull. Even so, Sehun was a handsome man. He looked young too. It was strange to put Sehun with the Sehun in the newspaper. He didn’t look as if he would go on rampages and kill people. Or-

 

“Yixing?” 

 

Yixing looked up at Chanyeol at the sound of his name. “Y-yes? What happened?”

 

“I asked if you wanted to get a coffee nearby? There’s a nice cafe here.” Chanyeol said, a frown on his face. “We could go but if you don’t look too alive right now. How about-”

 

“Coffee sounds nice! I-I would like to go actually.” he muttered.

 

“Oh alright.” Chanyeol responded. After that it was quiet.








 

Yixing sat quietly. He was looking down at the table of the cafe waiting. Chanyeol and Yixing came to the cafe to get some time alone while Sehun and Baekhyun went off to do some things. Probably some mob dutities Yixing would guess. Chanyeol went off to order their coffee. A small sigh escaped the chinese man’s mouth as he rubbed his face. Everything was so frustrating for him. One day he’s living a peaceful life and the next mobs of all sorts know his past life.

 

Why now? Why when he’s supposed to be enjoying his 20’s and not when he’s six feet under? Nothing goes well for him it seems. This life seems to just steering wheel in the dark direction. If only Yixing was different, maybe he wouldn’t have to worry. Maybe if he was born into a lower class family, no one would chase him. He could stay hidden and low profile for the rest of his life then. But… no one wants him to let him have his way.


 

“Don’t you look peachy?”

 

Yixing looked up to meet eyes with a sharp man. The man wore a black suit that looked rich in fabric. His hair was done nicely as it was pushed upwards. The one thing that stood out about this man was the piercing catlike eyes. Yixing never seen someone who so close to a cat. “Oh.. Hello there.” 

 

The man smiled as he pointed at the chair. “Is this seat taken?” he asked.

 

Yixing shook his head. “Oh no. It’s not. You can use it if you’d like.” he offered, gesturing for the man to take the chair. 

 

“Perfect.” The man grinned as he sat down.

 

The florist blinked confused. There were plenty of other tables to sit down at. In all honesty, Yixing thought the man was going to take the chair and be done with it. However, Yixing didn’t say anything. Instead, he sat quietly playing with his thumbs.

 

“You must be wondering why I’m sitting here.” the man asked, after taking a sip of his coffee.

 

Yixing nodded, surprised that this man could practically read his mind. “I-If you don’t mind telling me the reason.” he answered.

 

The man grinned before switching his tongue. “You’re Chinese right?” he laced his fingers together as he rested his chin on them, grinning. 

 

“Ah, yes. I am!” Yixing nodded, answering in Mandarin. It felt so weird speaking in his native tongue after speaking Korean for years. He was surprised he didn’t sound so foreign.

 

“I knew it! You look like a cousin of mine back in China. However she is a female and you a male.” the man laughed.

 

“Oh really? I suppose I could look like a pretty girl with a wig.” Yixing joked, rubbing the back of his neck. “What is your name, if you don’t mind me asking?”

 

“Me? Oh I’m Huang Zitao. But call me Tao, 哥哥!” 

 

“Eh? Gege? Are you younger than me?” Yixing asked surprised. 

 

Tao paused before smiling sheepishly. “A-Ah, sorry, I didn’t want to be rude and call you 弟弟。When were you born?”

 

“1991.”

 

“1993. So you are older!”

 

“Wow, I would think we were the same age honestly.” Yixing laughed, feeling comfortable. It was nice to talk to someone just like him. Tao seemed so nice and so fun to talk to, even though it has been just a few minutes.

 

“So why did you come to Korea?” Yixing asked, geniunely curious. 

 

“Me? I’m here for business purposes.” Tao answered as he blew on his coffee. “I work for a company that works with… engineering… yeah that’s it. “ He took a good sip before gesturing Yixing, “And you?”

 

Yixing thought to himself as he rested his face on his hand. “Honestly? I came to run away from something and hoping to find something… or someone.” he said quietly. He smiled just a bit before going on. “It’s pointless honestly, I’ve been waiting for a long while, but I haven’t found them. I like to think I will but it starts getting depressing waiting in the cold for someone you met as a kid.” he laughed a bit, looking at Tao with sad eyes.

 

Tao gave a comforting smile. “There are more stuff to do besides just selling flowers or waiting for people.” 

 

Yixing nodded. “That’s true. But it’s hard to when you’re not sociable with people here. It’s difficult to find people you can speak openly to or relate to.” he answered.

 

Tao grinned wide. “You know what, you should come with me to a party. It’s a party for Chinese descendants. Basically an all Chinese party.” he offered.

 

Flustered with the sudden invitation to a party, Yixing waved his hands. “I-I shouldn’t. We barely met after all-”

 

“Don’t be silly. You’ll be able to meet other Chinese friends! Besides, don’t you want to have some fun while you’re staying in Korea?” Tao asked, leaning in.

 

The florist blushed as he look down. “W-Well, yeah bu-”

 

“Great!” Tao grinned as he took out a card from his jacket pocket. “This is my phone number. I’ll be your in so you don’t feel so scared.” he said in a rush. 

 

Yixing frowned as he looked at the card. “Where will you-”

 

“I’ll meet you outside the gates tomorrow. Liven up a bit 哥哥!” Tao said as he got up. “I got to get going now or else I’ll be late for a meeting. Remember to text me when you’re on the way, ok?”

 

The florist nodded as he bowed. “O-Oh alright. I suppose I’ll see you soon….” he frowned as he watched the other rush off the scene. “That was strange.” he muttered.

 

“Yixing~ I’m back~” Chanyeol called as he was coming back with the orders.

 

“Oh? It took you a while.” Yixing said as he held his cup carefully, switching to his Korean tongue. 

 

“They messed up on mine so they remade it.” Chanyeol said as he took a sip of his coffee. He looked at the card that was in Yixing’s hand. “What’s that?” he asked, pointing to it.

 

Yixing looked at it, before shoving it in his coat. “Just a business card for youth group. They wanted to see if I’d join.” he lied.

 

Chanyeol rose his brows, as he drew his gaze down. “Must be some youth group to have a fancy card… or any card at all.” he muttered. 

 

Yixing shrugged as he sipped his coffee. He wondered if he should actually even go to the party. There were mobs out to get him and there could be a chance he would be caught there. However the thought of letting lose and having a time of his life sounded so much fun. The voice for fun was louder than the one of reason. Besides nothing bad could happen. Right?


 

The florist frowned as he thought of something. Chanyeol looked at him confused. “What’s wrong?”


 

“........How did he know I sold flowers?”


 

“.... eh?”



 

Dear Diary, 

 

I met someone today. He was nice and very friendly. There is a vibe that I’m getting afterwards though. Something didn’t feel right. Maybe it was a lucky guess but he knew what I did for a living. Do I look the type to sell flowers? Maybe I do… Or is it just me being dramatic? In all honesty, I don’t know. Today is a clash of things. First I have to move out of my apartment, meet a stranger and get invited to a party. I can't sleep right with all this going on. Is it just me but are things falling jaggedly in my life? I don’t know, but I kind of wish God was more organizable with my life.

 

- Close Zhang Yixing