Chapter 18

Emergency Couple
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tears have fallen in the morning when a news reached us informing that haneul already passed away. It was just a short period of time for knowing the boy but I saw him fighting inorder for him to survive. His struggle, his hardship, all of it. I winessed it. Not only me but jessica also..

"Hey, are you alright?" I go near jessica and watched the sunset together with her. I glance towards her because I heard her sigh.

"You know what he told me yuri? He told me that his parents visit once in his dream." She smiled but that smile is a sad one. "I never know that is my last time to talk with him, I never had a chance to say goodbye to him." And sigh again.

Me too, he is a good kid it reminds me of my nephew. "Let's just be happy because he can now rest peacefully together with his parents."

Wherever you are, You still will be always remained in our hearts. Too bad that God already took you a bit early. 

"He still wants to become a pilot." She lay her head on my shoulder. Haneul is already buried after lunch, we give him a proper ceromony for him before his body placed six feet below the ground besides his mother and father.

"He still can fulfill that dream princess but in a different place I'm sure his parents is going to be there for his support." 

"He's together with mom." She frowned even more. Aish I don't want to see her sad. 

"Ey, cheerup will you? Your mother is so proud of you. Look at you now! You already a professional doctor." I messsed her hair and squeeze her shoulder then drag her to go out of the room. Times like this, I need to cheer her up like I used to before.

"Let's go back to work." 

--

"Dr. Kwon! Dr. Kwon!" I stopped in my track when the nurse spotted me in the hallway. They looked so scared as hell. 

"What's the problem?"

"Dr.. Mr... Yoon...wait.." She was pating really hard. Catching her own breath before she took a deep breath 

"Mr. Yoon had been experienced a headache a while ago then start to hit his head."

Oh my god! He just gotten into a surgery last week and by this action his condition might got worst! That alarmed me.

"find Dr. Kim Taeyeon." I said and run towards his room.. No wonder they look like being chased by a crazy dog.

Mr Yoon is my patient with a brain tumor, we perform the surgery to get the tumor that keep spreading in his brain but the surgery is only partial due to his condition. I already informed his wife about this, we agreed that he will go under radiant theraphy if he won't experience any pain but It triggered right now.

As I run into the floor where his room is, I can hear some screams and shouts. I excused myself to enter the room then immediately checked him.

"Dr. Kwon."

"What happened to him?" I hold his hand that is clutching the bandage around his head. "Mr. Yoon, can you hear me?"

"It hurts!! Ack!!!" ..

"I don't know Dr. My husband just woke up and keep shouting that his head hurt." I heard his wife said but my focused is into this man.

"Mr. Yoon.. Please stop. It'll going to get worst." God he's too strong I can't stop him clutching his head. Even his wife don't know what to do but cried. 

"Yul, what's wrong?!" Thankgod!

"Tae  I think we need to perform surgery again. He's experiencing a headache." Taeyeon also tried to stop him but failed.

"I guess so." 

"Okay, Nurse Jang go to Nurse Seo and booked the OR. Nurse Gong, Inject him." After I told them that they start to work their task. 

....

The light is shinning bright here above my head as I operate Mr. Yoon in front of me. I open again the same stitch in her head. Moving the round magnifying glass that being attached in the operating bed, it helps me to see the better view. When I go further my sight gets blury and blury because of the blood that keep increasing resulting for me to find a little bit hard the remaining tissue in her brain.

"More gauze taeng." I order her to sip the red liquid out. After that I continue again my journey futher and further until I stop into the right path near his cerebrum. 

"Scalpel." Taeyeon handed me the sharp blade equipment, cutting the white tissue to it's roots. I keep finding and cutting like a steak in a fine dining restaurant everytime I saw the tumor poping out. I did it maybe 4 times. 

"Suction."

"Forceps."

"Gauze tae.."  A nurse wipe my sweat in my forhead before it trickle down in my cheek. Whoa this is so hard. I barely blink because I'm too focused removing the tissue. 

"It's the last?" I put the last piece of sticky tissue in the basin and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter