BEHIND THE MASK.

MY MYSTIC LOVER

Joy heads to her room ignoring Jin and Hunchy. Jin asked Hunchy what happened to her but Hunchy just shrugged his shoulder telling the Ghost he has no idea why she’s acting that way.


Joy stayed at the living room sitting on the carpeted floor while rewriting her notes. Jin coughs to call her attention but she didnt even bother to look at him. He the TV to distract Joy from doing her school works.


Jin has no specific reason why is he doing that but he doesn’t want her ignoring him like that but she took her earphones from her bag and sets the music volume to its highest.


He snatched the earphones from her ears, turned off the TV and pulled her notes away from him. She glared at him as if she want to kill him. 


“W-What’s wrong? You’re acting weird.”- Jin asked trying to hide his fear from her stare.


But he didn’t get a respond. She just reached for her Notebook which Jin refused to give, the notebook is the only thing that could make her busy for the night so she could ignore Jin. She struggles to reach for it and ended up resting her full weight on Jin, Overing him both of them blushed and immediately stand up as if nothing happened.


Neither of them could look each other’s eyes which Joy take the chance to snatch her notebook from him. She run to her room and jumped on her bed covering herself with a blanket. She’s suffering from mix emotions, she hates him but enjoys being intimate with him at the same time.


Its already past midnight and Joy still can’t sleep. She’s been bothering herself with the thought of Jin countless of times. “Jaebal Park Joy just sleep!”- Joy told herself but she just can’t.


Joy went down from her room and had a glass of water she took from the fridge. As soon as she closed the fridge’s door she was startled by Jin who was standing next to her. “Why are you still awake?”-Jin asked.


but Joy just ignored him as if no one was talking to her. She put the glass at the sink and made her way to her room but the Ghost won’t just leave her alone. He appeared instantly in front of her blocking the door of her room.


He extended his arms preventing her to enter her room. “What’s wrong? Why are you ignoring me? You were so nice to me this morning and you’ll end up acting that way.”-Jin complained.


“Leave.”-Joy commanded him crossing her arms and pursing her lips.


“Not until you answer me. I didn’t do anything wrong.”-Jin complained once more. “and can you still stop making that face you look ugly.”


Joy laughed at him and he laughed with her but she gave him a blank look again. “Oh ne.. I almost forgot Seulgi unnie was the one who looks beautiful in your eyes.”-Joy said and she pushed him sideways so she could enter her room.


Joy went on her bed and covered herself with a blanket she was embarrassed with her statement making it obvious that she was jealous of her sister. 


“Are you mad because I compliment your sister?”-Jin asked as he appeared seated on the bed next to her.


She just remained silent and cant deny of her jealousy. She hates it when she’s being left out by her sisters.


“Well.. You’re beautiful also just like your sisters.”- Jin said between his stutters. He was nervous to compliment her but he means it. 


“Go away you already told me I was ugly.”-Joy said but she was smiling inside her blanket.


He smiled. At least she’s responding to him “Cause you always frown your eyebrows on me and it scares me.”-Jin honestly said. He tilt his body to check if she’s already asleep since it has been minutes and she’s still not answering.


Joy lowered the blanket making them seeing each other’s face again in a close distance. She blushed and he got nervous. She turned her back while he pulled away causing himself to fall from the bed.


“Kwenchana?”-She faced him and found him his in pain.


Jin just disappeared and he went back to his room. He knew what he feels is different anymore with just looking at her eyes she makes him feel like his heart os going to explode. “Andwe.. This can’t happen.”-Jin told himself.


The next morning Irene dressed up for work and Taehyung insisted to come until he convince her. Jimin lend him a set of clothes that he could wear and it just look perfect on him. They made their way at the cafe and somehow Taehyung has been accepting his short hair since everyone is already wearing it.


They arrived at the cafe and found Sehun and Krystal seated to each other and was busy with the laptop. They’re talking about the statistics of the cafe for the past months. Krystal saw Irene’s reflection from the screen and she turned around to greet her.


But her eyes were fixed to Taehyung. She was mesmerized by his looks and she just blushed by the moment their eyes met. Krystal stands up from her seat which Sehun also did and approached Irene.


Krystal bowed at Taehyung “annyeonghasaeyo.. I am Krystal.”


Sehun and Irene find it weird that Krystal introduced herself to him. She never liked anyone before back in college. She used to send them away and violently asks them to leave but this time she’s different.


“Annyeonghasaeyo I am Taehyung.”


“I am Sehun.”-Sehun introduced himself.


“Oh daebak!”-Taehyung said as he was mesmerized by the screensaver of the laptop. The moving bubbles was a satisfaction to his eyes.


“Ge-Taehyung-aa”-Irene said as she felt embarrassed with Taehyung.


“Kwenchana Unnie. I’ll take care of him so you could work.”- Krystal volunteered.


“but we’re not yet done with the reviews.”


But Krystal just left the two and joined Taehyung as they watch the screen saver of the laptop.


Despite her unwillingness to let him stay with Krystal she has no choice but to let him. She dont want him to follow her everywhere inside the cafe anyway.


Irene was done with the inventory and checked the cashbox for the profit yesterday. She was recording the amount of money and was focused with her work until she heard Krystal’s laugh.


She look at them and found them taking pictures together. It seems like Taehyung was also enjoying as he makes different kinds of face that made Krystal laugh hard.


“Irene noona are you busy for today?”-Sehun asked her.


“No., not really. I just finished recording yesterday’s profit. Wae?”- Irene asked him back.


Sehun invited her for a walk at the park like they usually do. From there she knew that Sehun has something serious to tell him. He has been like this eversince before, he likes to tell his problems in the park together with the noise and cold air.


“What is it?”-Irene asked as they enjoy a cup of hot coffee together.


“Well I’ve been thinking this for a long time..”-He said and paused, he faced Irene and looked her straight to the eye. “Do you want to date?”


Hearing those made her heart beat faster. Those words are what she was waiting for, for a long time. She turned her back and pinched herself. She was not dreaming.


“W-Why do you suddenly asked me? I mean did you like me for a long time?”- Irene asked.


“Honestly.. Not for a long time just a year ago.”-He said “Soo what’s your answer?”


Irene never decided immediately. She always take a look of the situation whenever she has to decide into something. “Please give me more time to think.”- Irene said despite how much she wanted to.


Sehun knew she will never reject her. Even before he knows how much she likes him, he confidently holds her hand but she didnt pull away and blushed instead. 


The two are just a pedestrian lane away from the cafe when a man wearing a black cap, black mask, black eyeglass and black coat pulled a knife in front of them. He started to step forward and both of them step backwards.


Sehun pulled Irene and both of them run away from the man. They realized that the man was after them so Sehun run as fast as he could but his long legs makes Irene run faster twice as she could until she slipped and fell on her knees on the ground.


Sehun somehow tried to help her stand up but she can’t her knees are hurt and it was too painful for her. He realized the man was just around 50 steps away from them and he has no choicr but to save himself. He left Irene alone and run as fast as he could.


“Sehun-aa!”-Irene yelled and was afraid. She noticed the man is getting closer so she endured the pain and ascend to the fire exit ladder of a 5 floor apartment but the man didnt stop there and still followed her. She reached the rooftop and realized there’s no way to get out. The door downstairs are locked despite she bangs the door for help.


she took her phone to call Taehyung but the man hit her hand causing the phone to drop. The man started to step towards to her and she steps backward with her eyes already in tears “Jaebal dont kill me.”- Irene said.


She reached the half wall of the rooftop and she can feel the cold breeze of air on her nape. Her lips are shaking because of too much cold and terrified.


The man started to choke her neck, she tried to pull his hands away from her neck but she can’t he was just so strong. He pulled the knife, she shut her eyes so she wont be able to see how will the knife will strike to her.


She wondered why it took long for him to kill her she slowly open her eyes and found Taehyung at the back of the man stopping him to kill her. The man elbowed Taehyung and pushed Irene instead. Taehyung immediately teleports catching Irene in the air hugging her so tight.


The next thing Irene knew both of them are already on the bed hugging each other tightly. Her heart still beats faster. Taehyung disappeared once again, “No! GENIE!”- Irene said but it was too late. 


Taehyung came back alright without bruises nor wounds but Irene still embraced her out of worrying. She cried making his shirt too wet with her tears. 


“Gumawo for saving me.”-Irene said.


“Its my duty.”- Taehyung responds.


She faced him while she’s still embracing him. “How did you know I need some help?”-Irene asked between her hiccups.


“I could sense it. I could sense you’re in danger. Stop crying now Master-nim.. Everything is fine.”-Taehyung said to calm her down.

He cups her fsce and uses both of his thumb to wipe her tears. “How did you end up there anyway?”


“Sehun and I are just strolling at the park when that man appeared. We separate ways when I fell on the ground.”-Irene said covering her wounds on her knees.


“its still bleeding Master-nim.”- Taehyung said worriedly he pull away from her embrace and attempted to go to the Alicorn’s home.
“Don’t leave.”- Irene said and she just went back embracing Taehyung and because its his nature to obey her commands he just stand in front of her.


Seulgi carelessly went inside Irene’s room to talk to her and saw the two of them. “What are you guys doing?”-Seulgi said and pulled Irene away from Taehyung.


“The master needs comfort.”-Taehyung explained.


“So you’ll end up hugging her?”-Seulgi asked him back.


Irene withdraws her hand and went back hugging Taehyung. She cant explain the feeling but it gives her some comfort and feeling of ease while doing so. 


“Unnie what’s wrong?”-Seulgi frowned seeing her sister in tears. She asked the Genie to look after her and she left both of them in the room.


She found Jimin at the kitchen slicing some apples, she sits opposite to him and watched what he is doing. 
“Wae?”-Jimin asked.


“Is it possible that a human also clings to their Genie? Is it part of his curse?”- Seulgi asked Jimin,


“Not really. I can’t remember his former masters do the same thing. Why?”- Jimin asked her back.


“what’s that?”- Taehyung asked interrupting both of them. 


“How’s Irene unnie?”- Seulgi asked worriedly.


“She’s fine she’s already asleep. I’m sorry if I didnt tell you about the reason but someone was after her and tried to killed her.”-Taehyung explained.


“So that’s the reason why she is crying... Was she badly hurt?”- Seulgi said.


Taehyung floats in the air and took a slice of an apple that Jimin sliced. “Except for the wound on her knee she’s totally fine.”


“Did you saw the man’s face?” -Jimin asked.


“ani.. I went back after teleporting Master-nim here but he can’t be seen anymore. I believe its not a human.”-Taehyung said. “He cannot disappear like that quickly.”


“but if its a dark soul they cannot hurt humans they’ll be automatically locked inside the cave.”-Jimin said.


“So there’s someone running after Irene unnie’s life?”-Seulgi asked,


“I’m not sure I am thinking the man might be running after Sehun. She was with him when the man showed up.”-Taehyung said.


“I believe that coward run for his life.”-Seulgi’s eyebrows frowned. 


Taehyung disappeared and went back to Irene’s room to check on him. Jimin and Seulgi were left at the kitchen enjoying the apples.


“Don’t worry about your sister I’m sure the Genie will keep her safe.”-Jimin said.


Later that day Jimin asked Seulgi to dressed up. He’ll be visiting his another Gnome friend and he doesn’t want to come empty handed. Seulgi bought 4boxes of pizza and paid for it but before she gets inside the car Kai hold her wrist.


“Oh sunbae you’re here.”- Seulgi said and shut the car’s door.


His presence makes Jimin pissed. Why does he always needs to be around everytime he and Seulgi are together. 


“Ne.. There’s something I want to ask you.. Is your sister hanging around with a Ghost or something?”-Kai asked.


“Joy? How did you..”.


“No.. Irene noona.”-Kai interrupted her.


“Of course not. How could she?”-Seulgi laughed.


Kai laughed with her since she only took the question as a joke. She waved for goodbye and gets inside the car. Jimin just maintained his straight face focusing on the road while driving.


Seulgi felt bored during the trip so she decided to manipulate the radio and can’t pick a song at all. Jimin was frustrated with the consistent change of the music so he held Seulgi’s hand “Stop”


Seulgi felt awkward all of a sudden and withdraw her hand from him. She just went back staring at the window and purses her lips. She realized that the more they share a moment togethet the more they become awkward to each other.


They arrived after an hour ride. Seulgi once again was fascinated with the mansion but this time its made of Crystals where it shines as the sun strikes to its walls and pillars. The guards were not wolves but humans but their eyes are gold and the skin are pale.
The vampire guards opened the door for them and both of them entered the mansion. This time Seulgi was more amazed the chandeliers are shining and its made of diamonds like as clear as water.


It has the same staircase with Jimin’s its heading down. Jimin handed the boxes of Pizza to Chen.


“It looks like you found a spender.”- He said, he bowed at her “I am Chen I am Minseok’s spender for 5 years.”


“annyeonghasaeyo I am Seulgi.”- She introduced herself.


But before Jimin could take a sit a snowball slammed to his face causing him to fall on the floor. Seulgi was shocked she tried to help but Chen pulled her inside a glasswalls and locked it.


“Don’t worry this glass is made of diamonds we are safe.”- Chen said.


“What do you mean?!”-Seulgi asked.


Jimin stands up shaking his head to get rid of the snow dusts on his hair. He started to smirk and made a fireball on his palm he threw it upward and Minseok fell hardly on the ground. Jimin was ready for another but Minseok fell prepared.
Both of them hit each other with fire and ice causing a water like dripping on the floor. Seulgi was worried but she can still the smile on their faces.


“They’re just playing.”-Chen said.


“Ne? They could end up killing each other.”-Seulgi complained


“No they won’t. They treat each other like brothers its just that My Gnome is too playful.”-Chen said.


Their playful fight turned the mansion with an instant rain falling over their head. Chen opens the glass doors and hold Seulgi’s hand since it will be too slippery.


Jimin saw them and he immediately pulled her away from Chen which caused her to almost slipped on her but Jimin was able to hold her waist to guide her in walking.


The 4 are enjoying the pizza that Jimin brought. “So why did you visit?”- Minseok asked.


“Well it happened that my spender’s sister is currently the Genie’s master.”- Jimin said.


Minseok eyes widened. He just learned the Genie from the other creatures story before but he haven’t seen him personally. “You mean the Genie is around?”


“Ne her sister accidentally rubbed the bottle so he was released.”- Jimin explained 


“Daebak I want to meet him.”-Minseok said. “anyway why is her sister in danger? We cant hurt humans you know that.”


“Ne.. But the Genie said the man disappeared quickly when he went back where my sister was attempted to be killed,”-Seulgi said.
“Miane.. But I think none of us would do it. Even the Demon’s are not capable of doing it or else they’ll be locked up inside the cave of nowhere.”-Minseok explained to Seulgi.


Minseok took a pepperoni from the Pizza gripping it on his palm and opened it offering Seulgi a diamond.”Its a gift take it, you can spend it you’re a spender anyway.”


When Seulgi was about to take it from him Jimin taps Minseok’s hand causing the pepperoni to fall on the floor. “Stop that we’re talking about a serious matter here.”


“Yah Diamonds are girl’s bestfriend. You know that’s the reason why no spender takes too long in your roof.”-Minseok complained. “Alright I’ll tell the vampires to look after that man.”


“Vampires? You mean your guards here are vampires?”-Seulgi eyes widened.


“Dont worry they dont human’s blood. They’re already satisfied with animal’s blood.”- Minseok assured her. “but thats the only thing we could do as now.. You know we can’t accuse anyone.”