The Proposal Plan

The Proposal Plan

 

“It has to be perfect,” Jonghyun muttered to himself after checking all the confirmations he had got on his email. He was going all out to propose to Taemin, and he knew he would not be able to tolerate even a little screw-up.

He wanted Taemin to feel like they were on one of their ordinary dates and that was the reason he had stayed tight-lipped and had gone along to Taemin’s plans, to preserve the element of surprise. It had been really hard to come up with a proposal plan that would work right about anywhere Taemin would choose them to go.

But he had done it.

He knew Taemin had booked them tickets to a movie (he had snooped through his phone). He had found out which theatre, which show, which everything and had set up something really extravagant (or maybe not) to do the deed.

As expected, Taemin was grinning ear to ear when they met for their date, gloating about the awesome seats he had managed to grab, and Jonghyun started to loosen up- everything will definitely go by his plan.

It was happening- the credits were rolling. Taemin always sat through the credits in case there was a little preview of the sequel or extra at the end, or just to listen to the OST and take note of the ones he had liked to look them up later.

Long story cut short, they were always the ones to leave the theatre last.

With a lot of difficulties, he had arranged Taemin’s favorite song (obviously the slow romantic one) to play in the theatre with the screen flashing his favorite pictures and videos of him and them, the slideshow ending with a little excerpt he had composed especially for Taemin.

Jonghyun was just waiting for everything to start, watching the credits roll anxiously and that was when Taemin scooted closer, “You know what, hyung, I couldn’t concentrate on the movie at all.”

“Huh? Why?”

“Say it already, I have had enough of that ‘I-am-gonna-piss-my-pants’ face you’ve been wearing all day.”

“Wah-What?”

“Argh. Fine.” Taemin blew air to his bangs impatiently, “Will you marry me, hyung?”

That was when the music started, the screen was filled with all that Jonghyun had planned.

Taemin was watching in awe, but Jonghyun…Jonghyun was dying in his seat with both embarrassment and angry defeat.

“Wow…I didn't you had so much planned~” Taemin chuckled.

Lee Taemin, you!” Jonghyun seethed, his face red for reasons more than one.

Taemin suddenly went on full defense, getting slightly scared by the expression Jonghyun was wearing, “Aren’t you supposed to say yes, hyung?”

Jonghyun threw himself back in his seat, “Way to spoil it!”

Taemin chuckled, cautiously scooting closer again and leaving a peck on Jonghyun’s cheek, “Is that a yes?”

Jonghyun couldn’t stand the handsome, yet eagerly adorable way Taemin was looking at him, and he sighed, “Hell, it is.”

Taemin beamed, entangling his fingers in Jonghyun’s as they both watched the screen full of their memories; and when Jonghyun’s song for Taemin played, Jonghyun was happy seeing how happy Taemin was in the moment.

His plan had been totally screwed up, but when it came to Taemin, it didn’t matter and he soon realized that he wouldn’t have had it any other way anyway.