Woojin

Sleeplessness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Are you sure you want to go home already? Seems to me that you’re still unwell.” He sounded sincere that I believed him. Because yes, I am unwell. But I have to go.

“Yeah, you know it stings but I surely can handle it.” He nodded and gave me that comfortable smile. Minho grabbed me by the arm and helped me to get up.

It’s just quite larger than our room back in the building and it looks like he’s the only one living here. I managed to take a look on his things. There are a few pictures of himself and his family, a shelf with five to ten books, a small old television and cabinet on the side. He is pretty neat because his things are well-organized.

“You’re enjoying looking at my stuff huh,”

“Oh, I’m sorry. I just like to observe my surroundings that much.”

“Nah, it’s cool. Want to look at my novels? I see you looking at them.”

I went right away to his shelf after he said that. There are three books that caught my eyes:

A Gesture Life by Chang Rae Lee Please Look After Mom by Kyung-Sook Shin The Interpreter by Suki Kim

“Wow, your books are just. Just— ”

“Depressing? Yes. Could be. But sometimes what you thought about something depends on how you view the world.” Minho’s wearing that grin again. He seemed so cool.

“Come on.” He guided me out his apartment and handed me my groceries. He tapped my shoulder and said Later. And that’s my cue to go already. I just did a small wave at him and face the right corridor to leave this place.

 

***

 

Right now I could see real stars on the starry night and they all look beautiful. I can feel the damp on my face. Why am I tearing? It’s just stars. Just stars that are long dead.

“Hey!” someone shouted behind.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter