Love at first sight.

Playful Fate

“Oh sh*t! Whatta day! You should've look where you’re walking!” Daehwi shouted while looking at his painting materials that was scattered on the floor. He was about to turn left of the hallway when someone bumped into him.

 

“I’m sorry, let me help you.”

 

“You should be!” he said, still annoyed, as he sees a pair of legs while picking up his painting materials.

 

The other guy helped him pick up his things. He knows that he's also at fault why they end up bumping into each other because he's really in a hurry so he didn't notice him. He woke up late because he stayed up all night finishing his painting for the Art Competition at their school.

 

He was taken aback when he saw the face of the person who bumped into him. He was so good-looking that it leaves him speechless. His face is so small. And it feels like some character in a manhwa suddenly came to life. He was lost in all his thoughts when…

 

“Hey there, are you alright?” asked the guy upon noticing that I haven't blink for I don’t know when. Suddenly, the very annoyed Daehwi disappeared.

 

“T-thank you” is the only thing that came out of his mouth after that. Then turn his back on him and find his way back to his destination

“Hey wait!” the boy called him.

 

Daehwi heard it but he didn’t pay attention to it and just continue walking a little bit faster than usual because as much as he want to chat with that handsome guy, This is not the right time to flirt says his mind. He needs to pass his piece for it to be included in the competition.

 

After how many days. It has been announced that Daehwi's piece won first place. He can’t wait to share his achievement to his very close Jisung hyung. He's already inside the university so he decided to pass by the library where Jisung works. Jisung is the head librarian there and he also works at Daehwi's family business. 


Daehwi is taking up fine arts, he's already in his 3rd year and he's also slowly taking up Business Management in preparation for him when he takes over their company few years from now.
           
“Daehwi, what are you doing here?” Jisung asked.

 

“Hyung!! I made it!! I won in the Competition!!” he answered excitedly while hugging his hyung.

 

“Really? I’m so proud of you. I told you, you are good in it just believe in yourself and you probably can make it.” 

 

In a few tables away from where they stand. Daehwi noticed something familiar.

“Hyung? Do happened to know that guy?” pointing to a certain person.

 

“Who?”

 

“That guy over there, wearing a navy blue shirt and a bucket hat”

 

“Ahh.. that’s Bae Jinyoung, 4th year International Management Student.” 

 

“Ahh I see, he looks very… good.. he's good looking”

 

“and ATTRACTIVE” Jisung said and Daehwi's face blushes.

 

“Yah hyung!” he pushed him a little.

 

“oh c’mon Hwi, I can see it in your eyes.” 

 

“NO!” he said, with his face full of defiance.

 

“Really?”

 

“We just bumped into each other few days ago, that’s all.” He explained

 

“and you still remember him?” he teases him more

 

“Whatever hyung, think whatever you want to.”

 

Jisung leaves him to assist other student at the borrowing area. “Behave there, i'll be back in a while.”
 

*

He's Daehwi Lee a scholar at Pheonix University. A certified millionaire at 19, that's because of a certain company his family owned. He's an only child and his cousin Jisung is the one whose taking care of him since his dad died on a plane crash when he was five and was followed by his mom that died from a heart disease. So he was left under the care of Jisung who is a very trusted and close cousin of his mom. 
 

He's fluent in English because ever since he was young his parents enrolled him in prestigious schools that teaches different languages. And he somehow loves studying English, since his Dad is always bringing him on US countries when he has to attend different conference for the company. For him to be exposed on how the company works.
 

At first glance it looks like Daehwi already has everything. Good looks, intelligent, rich and nice. But what others don’t know is that he has a heart full of sadness, behind those smile and happy face is a boy whose longing for love and care from his parents. That’s why he just stay simple as he can, he always keeps his feet on the ground. Jisung raise him that way.

 

*
On the other side of the library, it looks like Jinyoung is seriously reading the books he’s holding when in fact his mind is not even inside the library. Its been so long since the last time that there's someone who occupied his mind for a long period of time and shakes up his whole being.

 

“Could it be love at first sight?” he whisper then laugh and shakes his head.

 

But the guy who bump into him last day can't seem to get out of his mind. He can't forget his angelic face, the sound of his voice, his fragrance and the look in his eyes.

 

“He has the face that could launch a thousand ship” he whispered again 
 

He is sure that he's also a student at this university but how can he find him?  When he suddenly remembered. “Right! Painting materials!” he shouted, feeling proud of his self for figuring out. 
All eyes on him inside the library. “Oh !” he whispers “Sorry, I just got carried away” He apologized.
          


Jinyoung didn’t notice that the person that still hasn’t left off his mind is just there inside the library. Daehwi heard him and he just laughs it off.
          


“What is he thinking? Painting materials? Is he perhaps thinking about me?” daehwi's eyes widen in disbelief. “Ahh no, it cant be.”

 

“Oh why are you still here? Not going home yet?” asked Jisung

 

“I'll wait for you hyung“ smiling cutely.

 

“Don’t use that smile on me hwi, I know you're just stalking that bucket hat guy.”

 

“Hyung its not like that.”

 

“Go home.”

 

“Okay okay” daehwi surrenders but is stomping his feet while leaving.

 

“Lee Daehwi! Youre in the library watch your actions”

 

“Whatever hyung.”

 

Daehwi is now walking outside the library, heading home. When he felt someone grab his wrist. He turns back to look at that someone.

 

"B-bae Jinyoung?" a question mark is painted all over his face.

 

*
Bae Jinyoung saw someone sulking leaving the library. It looks familiar to him so he suddenly chase him. He doesn’t know what’s gotten into him when he stand up and start chasing the boy but as soon as he’s already near him, he subconsciously grab his wrist. He doesn’t really know why he did that. The boy looks at his wrist that Bae Jinyoug was now holding, then looks directly at his face. 

 

“B-bae Jinyoung?” the boy said.

 

On Jinyoung's mind “he knows my name and speaking oh 'he', he's the one I am searching for. He's now here right before my eyes.”

 

The boy looks at his face. Their eyes met. It’s like he’s looking into the future already. He looks so adorable. His confused face is so cute. Jinyoung smiled out of a sudden and whisper “Are you perhaps an angel sent from above?"

 

“What?”

 

Jinyoung got flustered from the words that came out of his mouth  but eventually let’s out a big sigh of relief knowing that Daehwi didn’t seem to hear what he said. 
“ahhh I mean…. Ahhh nothing…” that’s the only thing he said.

 

Daehwi still confused. He looks at his wrist that Jinyoung is still holding, wondering if he doesn’t have any plan to let go. Because he kinda likes it. 'At the back of his mind' Skinship!! Yasss!!

 

Jinyoung also looks at where Daehwi is looking. “ahhh right! Your wrist. Sorry.” He apologized and let go.

 

“Do you have something to say?”

 

Get a grip of yourself jinyoung.

“I just thought you’re someone I know.” Finally he answers without stuttering.

 

“Ahhh I see, I guess I am not that someone.” He smiled slightly.

 

“Yeah you’re not.” He lied, when in fact he is.

 

“Okay then Im going now. Bye.” Then turn his back from him and started walking fast.

 

“Hey wait.”

 

Daehwi has been doing fine till now on calming his self. But this time Jinyoung is calling him again. He doesn’t know what to do with his heart anymore, its beating faster than before. Seeing Jinyoung slowly walking to him, he's afraid he might hear the sound of is heart beating. “Calm down, calm down” he told his self before answering.

“Yes?”

 

“May I know your name?” Jinyoung gathers all his courage to ask.

 

His heart now is beating like crazy.
“Daehwi. Lee Daehwi.” He answered while smiling, then turn his back again to continue walking more faster than before.

 

“He smiled at me. How beautiful it is.” Jinyoung got lost in his thought and when he’s finally back to his senses he sees Daehwi walking away from him already.
“I didn’t even ask him why he knows my name.”

“See you again Daehwi.” Jinyoung shouted at the top of is lungs not minding that he's at the library corridor. Hoping for Daehwi to hear it.

 

 

Tbc. 

I take any suggestions for the ongoing plot. :)

And i apologize if theres ay error on my english, because Im not that good. Bare with me. ^_^

-Hwilovesyou♥