Bestfriends

Bestfriends

Both you and Joochan rushes toward the photo booth where you get to wear silly clothing and stuff. You two put on your best smiles sharing the picture and grinned when you saw the photos.

"Look at this, Y/N! You look like an alien," Joochan insults you as he laughs, and you just look at him in admiration without him knowing. When he checks to look at your reaction, you immediately scowl at him.

Both of your families are on a trip, since you two were very close. Joochan is your best friend from the beginning, starting from when your family moved next to their house, and you two have been close ever since. Ever since you two had fun at play dates when you were kids, your parents grew closer with each other and after that both families hang out whenever you had time.

Joochan and you grew up together, and no one could ever separate you two. It was like you were always glued together. The both of you were inseparable, always going to where the other was. No one could ever match the closeness level you two had.

"Yah! Don't steal noona away from me!" Bomin huffs in annoyance, stomping. He's just a year younger than you but he's acting like this. Anyways, you still like your brother like that. Although he needs to lessen it a bit.

You shake your head and reply, "I'm not going to be away from you, Joochan and I are just having a little bit of fun."

"Having a little bit of fun, huh," he crosses his arms.

You hear a guitar playing in the distance so you walk towards it to find out where it is coming from. And as usual, Joochan is following you from behind.

You see a boy around your age sweetly playing a guitar and singing a love song in front of a girl, who's clearly about to cry from happiness. People crowd around them, and I see someone giving the girl a boquet of flowers. Probably that person was asked by the guy to do that, just as how he planned all of this.

Everyone sways to the music, and they were swayed by the guy's actions also. He takes the girl's hand and they dance.

After the fun, he finally confesses to her and after her firm 'yes' everyone claps and the two shares their sweet kiss together. Everybody cheers for the new couple, you included. It is so romantic that you wish that someone would also do that to you in the future.

You look at Joochan who's beside you. He's just looking at the pair with no emotion pasted on his face. You're so sure many thoughts are running through his mind. What is he thinking?

Sometimes you wish that you could read his mind. You are really curious as to what thoughts are circulating inside his head. Am I obvious that I like him? Does he even know it? Does he like me back?

Am I just a 'best friend'?

"Look at them being so sweet," You comment as you shrug off your thoughts, imagining that you are the girl and your best friend is the guy.

It was around high school when you started to develop feelings for him. Everyday you would look below from your window only to see that he was already there in his school uniform, waiting for you to come down and both of you will go to school together. Everyday you think about confessing to Joochan but the thought always ends up being erased from your mind as you think it was pretty embarrassing. You thought you were the only one who have them so you just shrug it off.

You think about the probabilities. What if I tell him I like him now? What if he doesn't like me? What if he does? What if I confess tomorrow? What if? What if? You think about all the what if's, and it's making you more depressed.

Although you always think about it everytime he hugs you and comforts you when you're down and sad, when he holds your hand when you walk, when he kisses your forehead to say goodbye, and when he does everything just to hear you laugh.

"Hah, I'm much sweeter than that guy," he brags and you look at him curiously.

"And why is that?"

He smiles cheekily and whispers, "Not telling."

You hit him on his arm. "Mean."

"Well at least I'm the meaniest best friend you could ever have."

'Best friend'. Your heart hurt a little at that. You wish it would be something more but you know it couldn't. Having this thought hurt you more.

You roll your eyes to hide the pain. "Should I be lucky then?"

He holds my shoulders to turn you to face his direction, and with all seriousness, he speaks, "Y/N."

You heart raced so fast. What is he doing? You are becoming more nervous as the seconds pass by. Joochan is intently staring at you but you didn't cower at his stare, although you definitely want to break your staring competition.

"What?" You merely whisper, gazing at his wonderful hazel eyes, one of the things that made you love him. His eyes were so magnificently beautiful that you couldn't help but stare at it.

He didn't let the eye contact break for a few seconds. You heart is beating so loud that probably Joochan can already hear it, since you two are really close at the moment. He still holds both of your shoulders firmly, never wanting to let go. His mouth slowly opens and you anticipate what he will say.

"I'm hungry, Y/N. Let's go get some ice cream!"

What. The. Actual. .

You were nervous for nothing. You facepalm mentally. Ugh, this boy. You think. You're becoming stupid just because of him and you can't help it. You've already fallen for the guy. And you wish that he feels the same way.

Quickly he holds your right hand, like what he does all the time, and leads you to the ice cream parlor.

"What flavor do you want?" He asks you as you look at the flavors. There are many, all varied and different from the one adjacent to them. It was a heavenly rainbow of colors here in the ice cream parlor and your mouth watered at the sight of all the different ice cream flavors. But only one really catches your attention. "What am I saying, I know you would pick cookies and cream."

"Wow, all of the flavors are unique," you comment and smile at Joochan. "You're right, I would choose cookies and cream over anything."

He pays for both ice creams, even though you instisted on paying for your own.

"Even me?"

The question catches you off guard but you quickly regain yourself. "Of course, even you." You stick out your tongue at him.

You both sit down at the table near the glass walls, just observing the scenery outside. Everyone looks vibrant with their glorious smiles on their faces, obviously filled with joy as they enjoy themselves. You see couples enjoying their nice day at the carnival. You see little kids insisting their parents to buy this one and that one, and it made you smile a bit, thinking back to your childhood.

You look at the boy in front of you and think back to what happened earlier, when the guitar was playing in the background.

As if he sensed that you were staring, he looks at you and smiles. "Staring at my beautiful face?"

You didn't answer.

"You were staring at me again like what you did a while ago," He mentions, and you think that now is the right time to talk about certain things.

"Yeah, right. You scared me to hell a while ago. I thought you were going to say something really serious to me," You sigh and rest your head on your palm.

"Something serious? Like what?"

"I don't know. How could I know when you said that you were hungry?" You look at him in annoyance. "That wasn't serious."

"It was! And I was telling the truth!" He replies and laughs. His laughs are one of the best things in the world. I love the way his shoulders move up and down as he snickers. The little chuckles that gets out of his mouth make me smile. The crinkling of his eyes when his grin widens is too cute for me.

"Funny," You roll your eyes, but you are smiling. "Would you like to say something else?"

He also puts his head beneath his arm so that you are face to face with him, with one hand holding the ice cream.

He breathes in before he says, "I would also like to say . . . and I've been wanting to say this for like, forever, that I like you so so much . . . up to the point that . . . up to the point that . . . that I would treat you to ice cream."

Your eyes widen as he confesses, if you can even call it a confession, but then roll with it. Well what kind of confession is that?

Up to the point that he will treat me to ice cream?

"Seriously? Just that? You're seriously the meaniest best friend I've ever had." I say instead, interptreting what he said in a platonic way.

Joochan smiles softly. "Well this best friend, wants to be your boyfriend."

You somehow still want to confirm if he likes you. "Well you're already my boy bestfriend, silly."

"Aish! Y/N, you're making this really hard for me." He scratches his neck. For once, today, you see him being nervous. His hands were fidgeting, his eyes refused to look at mine but it would, still, but just for a moment, and he looks adorable.

You your ice cream. "Whatever you want to say to me, say it clearly."

"Y/N," He starts again with the name calling.

"Yes?"

"I really really like you, like like you, and I hope you do too. What I wanted to say to you was that... Would you be my girlfriend?" He looks up, hopeful.

You instantly grinned, glad that your questions have been finally answered. All along, You and Joochan were liking each other and you smiled at that. You are just smiling, making Joochan worry.

"Why are you just smiling? Is that a yes? A no? I'm taking that as a yes." He looks confused.

"That's a yes, you idiot. I freaking like you too." You chuckle.