Chapter 3

The Key

Kyungsoo space out all morning— racking his brain, trying to recall every detail. He wasn't sure why he felt such a sudden need to do this.

I was probably the very wanted one.. He thought miserably. Last night, just right after he came home, his foot stepped the front door, his Granny kept nagging in front of his face. He doesn't had the chance to spoke. And he caught something from his Granny that attract his attention for the first time..

Flashback


"Did you know its very dangerous outside there? You could've get yourself killed, Do Kyungsoo !" Granny told his grandson matter-of-factly.

 

"I have a reason for telling you to drink all of those potion I've made. I have my own reason for telling you to not play outside of this house !"

 

"AND WHY ?!"

 

"EVERYBODY OUT THERE IS TRYING TO KILL YOU !"

 

Kyungsoo widened his eyes with fear and shocking feelings around his face. Granny felt guilty towards the poor child. She couldn't bear her guilty feeling and looked away from the boy.

 

Kyungsoo didn't know his parents since he was still a kid. The first time he learnt to walk, the first word he spoke of, he learnt by himself with Granny help. 

 

Granny sighed and looked to the kid once again.. Slowly, she walked towards the boy.

 

Granny cup Kyungsoo's face and started to tear up. "Kyungsoo, my dear.." she lifted Kyungsoo's face up. "Granny promise you and swear that I will tell everything. But I need time. I'm afraid, Kyungsoo. People out there are cannot be trusted. I love you so much.. And you will always be my precious grandson." she said softly and stares into the black-brown orbs lovingly.

End of flashback

Want to kill me? What about "me", my family, identity? What will Granny tell me? Why she need to swear about it?

Kyungsoo heaved a sigh. I shouldn't makes Granny felt disappointed. Kyungsoo sank into his chair. His head was throbbing, and thr thought of The Zea pack and killing stuff made the pain even worse.

He groaned loudly while hold his head with both of his hand.

"Mr. Do Kyungsoo ?"

someone's calling me. .

"Do Kyungsoo !"

"Y-Yes ?" Kyungsoo raised his head quickly.

"You still in class. Please pay attention. Go to the infirmary if you're not feeling well, don't disturb my class with your not so important problem." 

Oh ya.. I'm in class. Why I feel so distracted today?

"Are you listening to me Do Kyungsoo ?"

"Y-Yes Mrs. I'm sorry."

"Accepted. Now...." she started the lesson again and wrote something on the board.

Kyungsoo knew what he wanted to do for his whole lifetime— Study. He needs to repay his Granny. His Granny was the only one he had in life. 

Trust me.. Kyungsoo don't have any friend in the school. Even one. Nobody knew about him as in invisible. Unknown. Anonymous in the school.

Most importantly, nobody knew about him being a wolf. A lone wolf to be precise.

Time skipped

Abruptly he broke off.

He would think of how he'd been waiting for such a long explanation from his Granny. How he'd watched as he opened himself to all the secrets of the night.

For one brief moment he cried.

He need someone. Totally. Someone that could came to him and surrendered. Someone that could gave him a simple soft pat on his head and whisper a sweet chocolate words into his ear.

He hated the thought of being delayed on the roads. Why it have to be me? He thought by looking at the sky with his chin on his palm and his elbow on his window frame.

He couldn't helped wondering what he'd been looking at so intently for two hours already, why he'd seem so upset about it.

Suddenly...

 

 

 

 

 


He felt frozen by the time when he smell something sweet.

Its sweet. But bad.