Chapter 11

The Key

Kyungsoo's pack was really closed to him, loving him and taught him everything that he need to learn. Ever since Kyungsoo joined the pack, everything seems to be more brighter for Jongin.

He just denied it as it makes him feel weak. Too goody for reputation as an Alpha. 

****

That was just it- he'd felt the sudden surge through his veins, and then he started cycling quickly, running. Running from something.

Something or maybe someone was following him.

He'd sure about it.

Not at first, not when he'd first left the mansion and started cycling, but blocks afterwards, six or seven kilometer maybe, when the rain had suddenly broken and he'd cut through the woods and tried to find a shortcut.

"I should've just let Sehun to accompany me." He heaved a sigh.

Flashback

"Ah~ hyung. I want to stay with you. Let me come with you, okay?" He whined.

"Not okay, Sehun. I'll be fine. I'm used to this. Its my routine anyway. Besides, Jongin is staring at you like he's gonna eat you alive anytime by now," Sehun glanced from his shoulder and saw Jongin standing against the kitchen counter, crossed his arms and stared at Sehun. "You don't want that right?" Kyungsoo smiled back to Sehun.

Sehun just pouted and looked disappointed.

Then, he just nodded in understanding.

"Good. I'll be safe and come home right after school. Okay?"

Sehun nodded again. Didn't want to say anything.

"Wait for me . ." Kyungsoo rubbed his mushroom blonde hair.

"Bye, hyung~"

Then he left.

End of flashback

Kyungsoo's heartbeat rate quickened as he heard sounds of footstep coming, following him from behind. Its closer. Getting closer.

Kyungsoo paused.

Shiver crawling at his back, the sound of branches began to crack.

He was still there, on his bike, on the same spot, glancing around.

I hate mist. He thought.

He can smell it, he knew what was it. The smell was too smelly and he don't like the idea of being followed by it.

Suddenly, too sudden . . A rogue jump on top of him, bringing him down from his bike. 

It was happening too fast for him to recognize the rogue. Its a wolf. 

Why its following me?! He thought miserably.

The wolf was on top of him, pinned Kyungsoo onto the ground. Scratches, bruise were starting to form on Kyungsoo's arms, face and his back.

Letting his back hit a big rock was not a good idea at all. He almost break his own backbone.

Kyungsoo was trying . . Trying so hard to ward off. But its useless, his body was numb. Without any warning, the wolf sank his fang into Kyungsoo's shoulder, makes Kyungsoo whimpered, out of his breath.

He could felt his own blood oozing out from his flesh, being by the wolf.

I-Isn't this from m-my dream.. He thought.

He wanted to scream, scream for help . . But he couldn't do it. His voice stuck in his throat not wanting to come out. He gasped when the fangs went deeper.

The wolf didn't tend stop. 

Kyungsoo!!

Yes, he heard him. A voice calling his name, a voice coming for him. 

Not exactly in a moment, Kyungsoo gasped louder when the fangs being forced to pull out from the flesh as a wolf suddenly came and pushed the rogue off Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo~ The voice was calling him again. Softly . . .

Kyungsoo lost a lot of blood makes Kyungsoo's vision became fuzzy, unclear. He couldn't saw the colour of the wolf's fur, how big the wolf was . . And how the wolf's eyes was blue in colour.

His vision turns to black and became darker . .

BREAK

Kyungsoo instantly at home.

Groaning, he pressed his head and his temple using his hands. It was aching, so badly. Then he remembered about his shoulder and trying to check if it was just a dream, again.

But he hissed at the sudden touched. Its a painful wound he ever had. First bite he ever had.

By a rogue. He sighed. Its not a dream, huh? Kyungsoo couldn't stop thinking. 

Then he decided to go downstairs.

"Whoop!" He fell back on the soft brown mattress when he tried to stand up.

He sighed. He moved his right hands, reaching for the edge of the table beside the bed. Then slowly he lifted his body, stood up unsteadily, walking towards the door with support from the table.

He took a few steps then stopped abruptly by the door.

Kyungsoo's hand froze on the door handle . .

He stood for a moment and then his eyes opened with a start.

"What's that smell?" 

A very sweet fragrance filled the room . . Very pleasantly sweet . . Then he realized that he was in someone's room. He was very sure that it was not his.

That's strange . . .

Kyungsoo tilted his head. Breathed deeply and long . .

The fragrance flowed down easy . . Soft and smooth as wine . . Velvet in her veins . .

Its intoxicating.

Yes, that's it. Intoxicating . .

The musky scent of an Alpha floated from the covers. Like an exotic perfume, it rose up around him, enveloped him from every side.

"Definitely smell like him." He smiled and he loved it.

Then someone was knocking at the door from outside.

"Y-Yes?" He asked softly.

"Come downstairs. Now." Someone said coldly.

Jongin? He saved me?

Great. With frowning, Kyungsoo opened the door. He'd felt relieved when he knows he was in the mansion- their home.

Kyungsoo came downstairs with a slow pace. The smooth red carpets on the tiles hit his foots. 

The house was too quiet, something to be rare to happen in the family. For a split second, he saw Jongin was standing in the kitchen, staring at the stove which could burn it up itself. There's something special in Jongin's intense, tares and his glares.

"Alpha?" Kyungsoo whispered.

"Just Jongin." His back still facing Kyungsoo. He suddenly widened his eyes when he just realized what he just said to Kyungsoo. It was weird when he let someone, like Kyungsoo call him that.

"Oh, right." Kyungsoo wondered why Jongin didn't wanted to turn around.

"Did you.. Save me? Back then.."

Jongin just hummed in response.

"How's your wound?" Jongin asked.

"Its getting better. Thank you, Jongin." Somehow Kyungsoo thought that Jongin has this soft and cute side in him. He'd sure about it.

"But, would you please turn around and talk to me or maybe tell me why are you staring at that thing like almost five minutes now?" Kyungsoo was getting irritated.

With that, he did. He turned around with his hands inside his pocket of his pants.

"Are you.. Perhaps.." He paused.

Kyungsoo blinking, waiting for Jongin to continue.

"Nevermind . ."

"Oh, come on Jongin . . what is it?" Kyungsoo asked softly.

"Can you.. Cook?" Jongin biting his nails doubtfully.

Kyungsoo let out a small chuckle. "Aigoo, how long do you need to stand there just because you can't cook Jongin-ssi?"

"I'm j-just trying to help."

"I appreciate that."

"Good." Jongin cleared his throat, still showing his cold side.

"So, Jongin. As my thanks to you, you just go to sit, relax and let me cook." Kyungsoo said.

"Okay."

Once again, he did. He sat on a chair, lay his arms on the counter. Watching Kyungsoo cooking, humming a song that sounds unfamiliar to Jongin.

Few minutes later, Kyungsoo served lasagna ((wow. Hohoo)) on a glass plate for Jongin.

"Done. Have a taste. I hadn't cook in such a long time . . So, I bet it will taste better this time." Kyungsoo said showing his eye smile to Jongin.

"Such a fool." Jongin said almost sound like a whisper.

"You say something?"

"No."

"Its obviously you say something!"

"I said I didn't you brat!"

"What did you just call me?!"

"What, are you deaf? Brat . ."

"Now I'm pissed!" Kyungsoo hit the counter with his hands.

"Like I care . ." Jongin kept eating the food which was tasty for him. A little . .

"And you still eat the food, you ungrateful dog!"

Jongin flinched.

Dog? . .

"Take that back." Jongin told Kyungsoo, black atmosphere was getting darker around him.

"I wont." Kyungsoo huffed.

"Y-You . . . ! Smudge dog, Take that back!"

"WHAT?!" 

 

The fight between those two kept on going, leaving the meals cooled. Fighting is the most common thing when you're young or when you get older.

The change in their relationship would be slow. 

A transformation so subtle they would scarcely even recognize it in their selves.

A delicate altering of the senses . . A slight shifting of perceptions . . so gradual . . very gradual . . .

Leaving emptiness in a place of memories.

And realities where only disbelief had been before . . .