Chapter 1

Hoodies Are Serious Business

Sungyeon was on a mission. A mission of the utmost importance to her.

 

Her favorite hoodie has gone missing!

 

Now, it may sound ridiculous and totally dramatic to get all worked up over a mere piece of clothing, but Sungyeon doesn’t give a damn about people’s opinions. This was her favorite hoodie of all time, and she was going to find it no matter what. Whenever things go missing in the dorm, usually the culprits are one (or more) of the nine other girls she was currently living with.

 

But she can rule out a couple of people out of the suspect list. One of them was Nayoung. There was no way her pragmatic and no-nonsense leader would have any reason to steal her belongings, much less the others. Kyla was also another top candidate. She was the type that actually returnsany lost items to their rightful owners. Sungyeon mentally noted to treat the kiddo out to the movies soon, after remembering all of the times she saved her . Especially that one time her flash drive filled with unfinished songs went missing. The composer vowed to never relive that memory ever again.

 

Her search began with the most suspicious suspect which was her roommate, Kyulkyung. Sungyeon interrogated her mercilessly, scrutinising her with every question. She almost sounded like a rough and tough detective in those crime dramas they watched. However, all her spitfire were douse with clear-cut answers from the Chinese member.

 

“Sungyeon ah, my wardrobe is filled with clothes from the variety show I go to on a weekly basis. Why would I want your hoodie?” Kyulkyung retaliated calmly as she continued colouring in one of her many coloring books on her bed.

 

Sungyeon helplessly stood there in front of her, the gears in her brain trying to come up with an appropriate answer. “So that you can be the annoying roommate who always gets on my nerves?”

 

After a flurry of crayons being thrown at her, Sungyeon continued her investigation through the rest of the dorm. Good thing it was everyone’s day off. Made it easier for her to get to the bottom of this and find out who the culprit was.

 

It didn’t go well. One by one, none of her other members had seen or were caught red-handed with her dear beloved hoodie. Things were looking grim for Sungyeon. She almost wanted to cry, but she held back those tears of sunken defeat. There was still hope. Hope in the last remaining person she had yet to ask. If only she knew where her whereabouts were.

 

“Yewon? Isn’t she in the shower right now?” Minkyung answered as she slurped on her cup noodles on the living room couch, her eyes focused on the movie she was watching with both Kyungwon and Yaebin. The latter two were loudly arguing over who they thought was the more handsome actor in the film. Nobody was a winner in that argument.

 

The sound of a door opening in the direction of the bathroom. Sungyeon’s quick reflexes never failed her, her legs already rushing off to catch up with the last suspect.

 

“Hey, have you seen my-” Sungyeon halted when she turned the corner to where the bathroom door was.

 

Indigo blue. Check.

 

Adidas logo. Check.

 

Beloved hoodie being worn by a freshly-showered Yewon. Check.

 

Sungyeon really wanted to get mad. Oh, she was so ready to yell at the thief who stole her property. But how does one get angry when the girl who was wearing it looked absolutely cute in them? Maybe it was also the fact that Yewon was pantsless. Not that Sungyeon was staring or anything. God, no. She was just getting distracted by those milky white thighs that seemed to go on forever. Definitely not staring. It was all Yewon’s fault.

 

“Hmm? What is it, Baesoong?” Yewon tilted her head cluelessly as she dried her damp strawberry-blonde hair with a towel.

 

Broken from her trance, Sungyeon tried to complete the sentence she was about to utter but try as she might, the words never came out. Instead, went into auto-pilot. “Nothing. Nice hoodie by the way. Blue looks good on you.” If that wasn’t enough, Sungyeon added in a thumbs-up for good measure.

 

Yewon grinned in that damn embarrassed and appreciative manner whenever she receives compliments. Though, in Sungyeon eyes, it looked twice as gorgeous. Wait, did she just thought of her as gorgeous? As the composer busily and confusingly ponders over this, she didn’t notice the way the other girl was staring oh so longingly at her.

 

“Thanks, it’s a really comfy and warm hoodie,” Yewon said, her hands holding on to the hem and feeling the soft texture of it. “I feel safe in it.”

 

Oh. Well, if that was the case…

 

“Yeah, you should wear it more often if it makes you feel that way.” Sungyeon casually nodded at it.

 

“I sure will!”

 

With that, Yewon skipped happily into her bedroom. As she closed the door, Sungyeon didn’t miss the finger heart from her best friend and…

 

Was that a flying kiss being sent her way?

 

Well then. Sungyeon didn’t know what to think about that either. She was just wishing her heart would stop pounding so much.

 

“Hey, wasn’t that your favorite hoodie Yewon unnie was wearing?”

 

The composer whipped her head to the left and was face-to-face with a frowning Siyeon.

 

“Yeah,” Sungyeon simply said, unbothered.

 

“The one which you threatened us over earlier?”

 

“I wasn’t threatening you all, I was interrogating.”

 

Siyeon rolled her eyes. “And you didn’t get it ba-”

 

“Shush.”

 

“Bro, you’re whipped,” Siyeon said in English.

 

END