Pull

Under Her Spell
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As Mina entered her apartment room, she weighed whether she should go back to sleeping or not because to be honest the penguin was still drained from last night. Since it was Saturday which meant she may do whatever she wanted for the day, she decided to heed her own idea of slacking. She entered her room, the very same room where the cub spent the night, and fell back onto her bed. She stretched her arms and let her muscles relax to the softness of the bed. She raised her body until her head was resting on one of her pillows. Her room was quiet, bland, and empty again. Mina took her phone from her jean pocket and sighed, she just realized how she missed her chance to ask for Chaeyoung's number. The quiet girl could easily get or ask it to her friends, but she wouldn't. Her friends were already supportive enough to her; she at least wanted to do some work with her cub affairs. She groaned then turned to flop on her stomach. She detected the cub’s faint strawberry scent when she inhaled through her nose, which caused her heart to smitten a little from the action. 

 

She faced to the side and allowed herself to be basked and enveloped by the cub's scent. No matter how faint the remnant of Chaeyoung's scent, Mina always find a way to detect it and define that it was in fact her smell. It's like she has this default allotted olfactory nerve for that very specific scent. Mina wondered if the cub always smelled like that or just from last night. With this thought, she found herself being lulled back to her sleep and she relaxed to it. Chaeyoung’s scent kissed her to slumber and she will sleep for the following hours. Kiss, Mina drowsily thought. Despite their intimate interactions last night, the drunk Chaeyoung never really initiated one or even playfully attempted one. I would love that, she internally said it to herself as sleepiness finally blanketed her body and mind. 

 

-------

 

Chaeyoung arrived at their room seventeen minutes after ten in the morning. She entered the room only to find that her roommate hasn't arrived yet. She thought that Mina had a great timing and idea for feeding her breakfast and that she was lucky she didn't bolt out of that unfamiliar place. Because if she had, she'd probably be starving by now because the one who cooks was still missing in action. The breakfast was really convenient for this early morning. She fished out the phone on her pocket and then decided to inform Jeongyeon that she was back in their room and she was safe since the silver haired girl was a natural worrywart. She tapped her thumbs on her screen and sent a text message.

 

To: No Jeong Bro
Hey I'm back to our room. In one piece.

 

She threw her phone on her bed and gathered some clean clothes. As of now, she just wanted to wash away not the memories of last night because she had zero recollection of it, but the smell of the alcohol and the club. She entered their room's bathroom and then removed every article of her clothing.  She thanked again the fact that Jihyo has her leather jacket and wasn’t deserted somewhere. She couldn't afford another lost jacket. The cub let the water ran down on her body, and then applied shampoo on her hair and thoroughly worked the magic of her hands. Her hands scrubbed her scalp and scattered the suds of the shampoo on her long brown hair. Once she was done with her hair care, she grabbed the soap and started to focus on her small frame. The bar of soap slipped from her grasps and slid across the tiles of the bathroom floor. The tiger cub sighed and reached for the traitorous soap. The pink strawberry scented soap was finally tamed and Chaeyoung used it to her will. She ran it on her skin to erase the prints of the club's atmosphere from last night. The soap glided smoothly on her skin and travelled its way on her body parts.

 

The single bathroom was fogged up, and the sound of running water can be heard for the following minutes that indicated the occupant decided to prolong her little world of relaxation. The tiger cub really loves these long showers in the morning especially when she has time for it. It also helps with great vodka hangovers. When the sound stopped, she stayed still to let the waters drip down to the flooring. The cub stepped out of the shower and grabbed her readied towel. She dried her mane and body, then wore her prepared clothes. The choice of her clothing was a simple pair of sweatpants partnered with a plain shirt. When she emerged from the bathroom, she took notice the very deprived roommate in front of her. It seemed like the other occupant managed to walk and sneak quietly like a professional ninja in their room.

 

"When did you get here?" asked the fresh-from-the-bath cub. The silver haired girl looked up at the source of the voice, “Just now," Jeongyeon tiredly replied. "I would really want to know about your adventures last night," the cub continued, “But from how you look, you should go back to sleep and rest," she considerately informed the older girl. Jeongyeon never replied and took her time to drag her feet towards her own room. The room quietly locked to prove that she wasn't to be disturbed for the next hours. On the other hand, Chaeyoung sat on their one and only couch in the room and then settled on what the television can offer. The sound from the television made her realized how her muscles weren't as tired as from her previous night outs with herself or her friends. Maybe because of the offered bed or maybe because how the taller girl took care of her. The short girl stretched her limbs lazily as she spent what remained to her lazy Saturday.

 

-------

 

The slumber of the daydreaming penguin was interrupted by multiple knocks on her supposed apartment’s front door. The multiple knocks had a barging intent and its sounds indicated how it was urgent and how it wouldn't take a no for an answer. Mina rubbed the sleep on her eyes and dragged herself to the source of the loud barging sounds. The door came into view, Mina leaned closer to the tiny peephole to determine who was the person on the other side. It was Park Jihyo. The girl who handed her the drunk Chaeyoung from last night. Her hand automatically reached for the knob and then she turned it, indicating her welcome to the girl. "Sorry, I was sleeping," said the owner of the place as she rubbed her right eye. The other girl observed the elegant girl — whether her little action or something else entirely — then bowed her head in understanding towards Mina’s direction.

 

The dark brown haired girl entered the room, "What brings you here, Jihyo?" Mina asked as she walked the girl to her dark rose-colored couch. "Of course, I'm here with good intent," the friend answered with a smile glued on her face. It was already afternoon and her friend visiting her for good intent was not something the penguin will easily believe. "It's not like I don't believe you but I really don't believe you," Mina sceptically said to the big-eyed girl. "I'm bored and Nayeon is still snoring in our dorm," her visitor finally admitted. Jihyo continued to explain her side, "Besides, don't I deserve to know why you're wearing that turtleneck when I'm the one who planned last night's event?" the girl finished with a knowing chuckled. Her friend lazily stretched her limbs. It seemed like everyone who was present last night was on their lazy stretchy mode.

 

Mina glared at her friend, "It didn't happen. Whatever dirty thought you are thinking right now. I wasn’t that drunk" The penguin stated then proceeded to her kitchen, so she can tend her visitor like a proper host of the place. The clunk of a kettle and the click of the stove can be heard on the penguin's direction. "I'd like my tea with cream," Jihyo simply added. “That’s true but Chaeyoung was heavily drunk last night and,” she said while pausing dramatically. As the kettle heats, Mina used it as her chance to answer back to her visitor, "Nothing really happened, Jihyo," she convinced for the second time. What she didn't know was her very friend had snuck on her side and then yanked the collar of her attire to check if Mina was telling the truth.

 

Jihyo knew the cub since she was in high school because of her connection with Jeongyeon. As she watched Chaeyoung grew untamed, she knew the cub loved her preys to be marked especially on the visible areas; her favorite, around the neck of her preys. Apparently and to her dismay, the brown eyed girl only witnessed a fair and healthy skin under the penguin's turtleneck. Friendly yanking ones’ turtleneck wouldn’t reach ones’ lower right collar bone. I guess Chaeyoung's not in heat right now, Park Jihyo concluded. This conclusion forced her to return to her previous spot on the comfortable couch. Mina watched her dejected friend and chuckled, "I told you we didn't do it," she said as she balanced the tray with two cups of tea and a plate of various cookies.

 

"You're a little too good for this world, Mina," the girl on her side said as she reached for a cookie. Mina hummed knowing that her friend was just bored for a lazy Saturday. "Well, at least tell me what happened to the two of you," she blew her tea and took a sip. Jihyo was truly curious, not just about the intimate part but the whole story of the previous night. The light of the afternoon started to slowly fade. The taller girl chuckled for the second time and then told her friend her selective parts of the story. She kept the events in her room and the elevator secret, but she happily shared their breakfast. Mina told Jihyo how cute Chaeyoung was when she covered her ears when she was flustered. "I know, right?" Jihyo laughed as she agreed to the girl's story reaching for another delectable cookie. It elated the penguin’s heart to see her friend enjoying her visit. "Have you seen how the upper shell of her ears peeked out?" Mina took a bite of her cookie. "Right, right, and the way she ducks or hides her face away," the other replied and their laughter continued to echo in the room.

 

They kept their cub topic and enjoyed their moments filled with laughter and with Jihyo just basically teasing the penguin. "You're seriously whipped though," the bright eyed girl said, "Just the fact that you sacrificed your bed for her," she laughed at the blushing girl. The word that her friend directed to her was enough to leave her into a blushing mess. Her ears were red and there were tints of red on her cheeks. She cleared , "It was you who asked me to take care of her," the penguin whined then playfully shoved her friend to her side. "I know but I didn't tell you to sleep on the couch like you were caught cheating by Chaeyoung," Jihyo smartly retorted. This made the penguin blush even harder. What her friend told her was true, but at the same she can’t help it if decided to shy away from the impulsive and drunk tiger in heat. In short, she didn’t want to risk being trapped ly or not under the tiger.

 

Just from their conversation, Jihyo godly noticed how Mina simply couldn't control her blushes when she was paired up with the cub in a relationship scenario. Mina would simply blush and cover her face when ual jokes were thrown at her. Let’s be honest, the penguin can’t be that innocent. She’s a grown girl with her own ual urges. The latter would stutter while trying to re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter