Faces

Under Her Spell
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was Friday afternoon and Chaeyoung was supposedly chilling in their dorm room, but to her unlucky she was visited with unwelcomed and unwanted guests.

 

"Chaeng, I'm taking your last choco pie in your fridge," the pale girl at the far right of the room shouted. Chaeyoung just sighed to her friend knowing she doesn't get a say to her friend's decision. "Chaeyoungie, Jeongyeon unnie's habit of sighing is really starting to rub on you," the really tall girl said while rolling on the cub's bed. The same tall girl sat up then shouted as loud as she can for the pale girl to hear, "Dubu, grab me a fruit while you're at it." "Jeongyeon unnie's apple, okay!" the pale one shouted back.

 

"Dahyun, stop robbing our fridge up! You too, Tzuyu!" Chaeyoung equally shouted to her friends' antics. "Calm down, Chaeyoungie, we're only keeping you companied knowing that you cut your class today," the taller one softly stated.

 

Dahyun, the blonde who's wearing a light blue button up long sleeves, a pair of black short, and a casual black vans, entered Chaeyoung's room with a mouthful of stolen choco pie from the No Jam Bros. The pale girl moved next to Tzuyu and handed her the apple. Tzuyu — the tall girl with silky long black hair, wearing white shirt with its front tucked in her jeans, and the same black vans — took a loud crunching bite of her newly acquired apple. "You could have at least spared my fridge!" Chaeyoung retorted. Dahyun walked and sat to the foot of the cub's bed, "Technically, it's Jeongyeon unnie and yours, but sure whatever makes you sleep at night," the eagle annoyingly stated knowing she'll get on the cub's nerve. "Ah, Nayeon unnie's on her way here. Perfect timing since we're leaving for class," Tzuyu said while looking on her phone.

 

"That just negates your statement about keeping me companied and proves you two are only after our ration of food," the cub growled back at the two. Before Tzuyu could retort to Chaeyoung, "Why was Nayeon unnie even texting you, and not me? I'm the occupant here," added the frustrated cub. "Technically, baby beast, we don't miraculously disappear during class hours, so that's your explanation why we have to go. Secondly, we texted Jeong unnie who somehow probably met Nayeon unnie earlier and informed her that we're here," Dahyun explained to the fuming and pouting cub. "Come on, Tzuyu. Our class will be starting," Chaeyoung sensed the obvious pause from the eagle, "Also, Chaeng, you're pouting." Dahyun managed to annoy the cub for the last time before pushing Tzuyu outside the room which left a cub with a defeated sigh.

 

-------

 

Chaeyoung isn't even that annoyed with Dahyun; because if it's annoyance they're talking, Chaeyoung is pretty much used to Dahyun's crazy antics and smart mouth. What really annoys the cub is her pain in the neck of a project. The large canvas annoys the cub because for the past weeks (it was already months), she has been having the artist block. She barely passed her past projects!

 

It's not like the cub's having an existential crisis with her course right now. It's just that she can't find the right motivation or inspiration for her projects. For the past weeks, she was just passing these rubbish — beautiful yet meaningless — artworks which of course didn't go unnoticed by her professor. Chaeyoung tussled her own hair in frustration and groaned as dramatic as she can. Maybe Dahyun's dramatic personality is also rubbing off on me, Chaeyoung thought to herself.

 

"Wow, I thought that groan was a whale call, baby cub," an ashen brown haired girl, holding a plastic bag, appeared from her door. The cub stood from where she was seated in front of her study table, and then flopped face first on her bed and made another whale call. "Hungry? I brought some kimbap with me," the bunny attempts. Chaeyoung just nodded dejectedly in agreement.

 

-------

 

Nayeon placed the plates on the table and the kimbap on it; sparing the obviously down cub from

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter