Cravings

Under Her Spell
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two nights had passed since the roommate’s fight. After Chaeyoung settled a text message to the penguin that everything was fine and back to normal, Mina’s heart was reassured that the small girl will be okay again except for a fact that her same heart already missed a certain tiger cub. The single message from the shorter girl wasn’t really that enticing and satisfying to her because ever since the moment Chaeyoung decided to seek comfort and safe place under her roof, something had changed in her. She realized how much skin ship they had, either initiated by her or the other girl. With the cub’s hugs and nuzzling and her caresses during that unfortunate event, she found herself missing the storm of Son Chaeyoung. For the past two days of not seeing each other, she missed the warmth and touches of the tiger cub. Mina wasn’t too sure if she was just affected by the spur of that moment or she was indeed craving everything about it, badly.

 

Myoui Mina sighed at her troubled thoughts and feelings; idly tapping her pencil on her notebook as she neatly organized her notes from today and yesterday’s classes. She stopped what she was currently doing to glance at her phone for the time. 7:27 pm, time for her to prepare for her dinner. The elegant girl stood and walked away from her study desk to properly start cooking. Before she reached the kitchen, she was alerted by the sound of her room bell without a followed voice message from the person behind the door.

 

She walked to her front door and looked at the peephole, only for her to see no one was behind it. Mina opened the door to check if it was just one of Momo and Sana’s playful antics to her. Again, upon further inspection, there was really no one who could’ve rang the bell. She furrowed her eyebrows before she went back inside. Right before she reached again her destination, two continuous sound rang from the bell. The penguin quickly waddled back to the door to bust the prankster who was targeting her unit. She frowned because she was met by another human free hallway. The cycle continued for another two runs from the prankster and her until she decided that the unknown person wasn’t worth her time; so when the prankster rang again her bell for the fifth time, she just shrugged her shoulders and focused back on her dinner.

 

After she had dismissed the sixth ring, the sound turned into knocks and those knocks turned into barging sounds which quite scared her as she moved her feet back to the door. What if the person behind her door was the hash slinging slasher? Mina slowly and cautiously opened her door, and witnessed a tall guy with a straight face holding Chaeyoung by the collar of her sweater. “Eh?” she questioned, fully opening the door for the two.

 

-------

 

Chaeyoung skipped along the hallway after she rode the newly fixed elevator of the building. Today, the girl was going to meet her trusty penguin, unannounced, for their interrupted dinner that was meant to happen two nights ago. After she passed three different rooms, she was greeted by a familiar door number. The cub was about to signal the girl of her presence, but a mischievous thought invaded her head; giving her an idea to start teasing and messing the penguin right before she even entered her unit. She looked to her left as she calculated whether she could run back to the end of the hallway to hide herself just in case the elegant girl will check up on who rang her bell. Being an active track and field member during high school, she confidently deduced that she could pull her little prank off.

 

She rang the doorbell before she bolted to run back at the end of the hallway where the stairs were connected. She peeked from her spot, watching the penguin’s expression as she looked for her possible culprit. First attempt was a success, so she tried again for her second attempt which also succeeded and left her stifling her laughter from her spot. On her fifth run, Mina didn’t bother and stopped giving her some attention, so she tried again and rang the bell for the sixth time. She peeked but the penguin completely had decided to remain inside her flat, so Chaeyoung sighed before she made a run back to the fourth room of the eighth floor.

 

The cub landed on her because she violently collided into a wall. She groaned before she looked and witnessed it wasn’t a wall but it was a guy who seemed like he came out from the first door. The guy was tall and he looked like he was in his early thirties, and he wasn’t wearing anything other than black-coloured leather clothings. Black knight, Chaeyoung thought to herself before she slowly stood from her lame position. “Where is your mom's room?” the knight asked her in a really deep voice. The cub blinked at his words before she shot her own confusion, “What?” The guy sternly rested his right palm on his waist, “Kids are not allowed to run in the hallway,” he stated with the same stern expression on his face.

 

“Oh, I’m not a kid,” Chaeyoung denied, placing her left hand on her chest for indication, “I’m a freshman college student. I was just playing a prank to my friend.” “Room,” the guy warned and demanded with a much lowered voice from before. Fear ran down the tiger cub’s spine, completely intimidated by her situation. “R-room 8D, Sir,” she stuttered back at the man. The black knight reached for her nape, grabbed her collar, and intimidatingly dragged her to the stated room. Her feet dementedly moved along the tall knight. He knocked at the door, but when he wasn’t greeted by her penguin friend, he increased the intensity of his knocks until the penguin was driven to cautiously looked at the barging visitor. Chaeyoung awkwardly smiled at Mina, silently screaming to be freed from her captor.

 

“Eh?” Her friend was taken aback as she fully opened her door. “C-Chaeyoung?” Mina asked with eyes as intimidated as the cub’s. The art student didn’t have the time to answer because the knight had interrupted her. “Keep your friend on leash,” the man said with clear annoyance in his face. Mina quickly nodded her response, “T-thank you, Sir,” she stuttered. The black knight shoved the tiger cub to the penguin until the gap between them was filled. Chaeyoung looked like a lost puppy that was ruthlessly returned and handed back to its owner by its nape. Mina held the very mischievous cub by her shoulders until the man had walked back to his room.

 

Chaeyoung pulled away from Mina and stuck her tongue out at the man’s direction. “Real mature, Chaeyoung,” the owner of the room commented, “And that multiple bell ringings.” The cub chuckled before she entered the room again and then closed the door behind her, “It was really fun watching you try to catch me,” she laughed. The penguin waddled back to her shortly unattended kitchen, “Are you here to practice sketching again?” she asked while checking her simmering dinner. Chaeyoung shook her head, “No, I’m already working on it,” she followed the girl until she was facing her, “I owe you some dinner company so I’m here,” she smiled, lifting her arms in the air and gesturing for her space. Mina smiled back, “You have a great timing since I’m already preparing for it.”

 

“I know, right? We must be connected,” the cub said which made the penguin to bow her head in surprise. The shorter girl moved closer to the other girl’s spot until they were standing side to side, “Here, let me help you,” she placed her hand to Mina’s hand that was holding a knife and cutting vegetables. She took the knife to herself and scooted closer to the penguin, “Plus, I think we should be spending more time together as long as I’m not disturbing you.” Mina looked at her — her focus divided — as she continuously mixed the ingredients in the frying pan.

 

The cub continued to chop the vegetables, “Not just because of our art deal and not when I’m just bored,” she added. The penguin looked at the cub’s eyes when she heard her next words. “Or not just when I’m a mess,” Chaeyoung said in a whisper. “Why not?” Mina asked her, “You can always spend time with me if you are troubled,” she paused her words, “Or a mess.” The shorter girl stopped from moving her hands and looked up at the girl on her left. They stared at each other’s eyes, the close proximity of their position showed the visible height differences of the two. “I don’t know,” the cub softly answered, still in the process of thinking her next words.

 

As of Mina, the girl was trapped in the tiger’s eyes and with their faces close to one another, she can’t help it but to steal glances from Chaeyoung’s pair of lips. Chaeyoung’s warmth and touches, she drunkenly thought as she further got lost in her eyes. She wanted to kiss her, to feel again the warmth and touch of her lips against hers. If she tipped her head down just enough, she could experience their kiss again and experience it not under or subjected in the hazed thoughts of sickness. She craved another kiss from her, but instead she bit her lower lip, swallowed the lump in , and strenuously looked away from those sinful lips of Son Chaeyoung. She smiled and then kept her eyes back at the cub’s deep brown eyes.

 

“It feels like I’m taking advantage of you, no?” Chaeyoung asked, interrupting her train of thoughts. Mina just shook her head and focused back to her task at hand. “Fine, just that I’m going to spend more time with you because you’re my friend now,” she said as she pointed to the taller girl. Friend, Mina repeated before sighing at the statement. “Well, I’m not sure how to react to that,” she said, joking it to herself. “Why? Why?” Chaeyoung asked with wide eyes. “I’m just kidding,” the penguin said then she playfully pinched the cub's cheek before she took servings of what they had cooked, “I’m glad to hear that I’m your friend.”

 

-------

 

Chaeyoung followed through and she put the chopped vegetables on a plate, then she helped the taller girl to prepare for their dinner. They sat in front of the table after they had prepared everything. Before the penguin could even take her first bite of their dishes — bulgogi, kimchi fried rice, and the vegetables as side dishes — she stopped the cub’s right hand who was attempting to reach out for her right eyebrow. “Please, don’t scratch your wound,” she softly stated to her. “But it’s so itchy,” she whine to her friend. Mina chuckled at her cuteness, “It’s healing that’s why it’s itching, so try not to scratch it or it will leave a mark on your skin.”

 

“Jeongyeon has been tending my wound,” she smiled as she brought back her finger on her brow to gently touch it, “Thanks to your planned fixation for our fight, everything’s back to normal between us,” she explained. Mina couldn’t help but to smile at the happy cub, “I’m glad to hear everything worked out fine with the two of you.” “I suppose three of us now, I mean including Jihyo unnie,” she beamed another smile to her penguin friend.

 

“I suppose it is. Did she already talk to you?” she asked Chaeyoung, looking up from her food. Chaeyoung nodded at her question, “Yeah, she did. After that, we caught up with one another and I even tagged along with them in their dorm,” she chuckled at the memories of their bonding, “Jeongyeon was mad most of the time because she said I only distracted Nayeon unnie on their project by playing with her.” Mina let out her own chuckle to her story, “So, does that mean you have blessed the two?”

 

The cub shook her head, “How could I not? They are so…” she flailed her hands in her front, trying to explain her thoughts properly, “Like this? How should I put this?”

 

“Like this?” Mina mimicked her actions with their hands manipulation. Chaeyoung gave up with her flailings and rested both of her hands on the table, “They are sickeningly and sweetly all over with one another,” she stated while shaking her head sideways. Mina's head perked up and she chuckled, “What? Are you really that against with love?” she joked out. Chaeyoung violently shook her head, “No, I’m actually an enthusiast of love but I’m just really unlucky with it,” she softly laughed, “Anyway, I’m happy for my best friend and her girlfriend.”

 

The penguin endearingly stared at her eased tiger cub, “Now you have two moms, Jeongye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter