Chapter 14

Foresee
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 14,

 

Sejong sat across from me at the same corner mart we sat at when he told me he saw death like I did. He sat cross-legged a can of coffee in his hands as he stared at me. "Have you decided what you're going to do?" He offers me a small sad smile.

 

I lower my gaze. "I haven't." I lie through my teeth.

 

I hear him sigh lowly, it seems he didn't believe my lie. "I see."

 

An awkward silence follows as I can almost feel my heart beat in my throat. Sejong was the only person I could trust the truth with anyways, it wasn't bad if he knew. Or so I think anyways?

 

"Are you sure your decision is what you really want?" He says resting his hand on top of mine. My eyes linger on his hand and how when Sejong touches me I don't see anything, just like I had with Dohwan and his grandma. I wasn't surprised, he was the same as me and we were linked somewhere down the line. I smile a small smile at the skin contact, I rest my other hand on top of his before tearing my gaze off our hands to look him in the face.

 

"I'm sure." My smile falters a bit but I force myself into again.

 

-

 

I stay out of the apartment most of the night, coming home around midnight. I stand outside our apartment's door and rest my back against the wall. Tomorrow was the day. Saturday at noon was when we were supposed to meet her. Sejong said the exact time we got on the bus was at 11:45 AM, it took around five minutes to get there by bus, unless the traffic was bad which I'm sure it would be so probably around 15 minutes total. The exact time I died according to Sejong was 11:51 AM.

 

So I have around 12 hours left.

 

I rest my hand on the door handle letting the memories I shared with Dohwan flash through my mind one by one before putting the code in and opening the door. Once inside I notice Dohwan was asleep on the couch. I quietly move towards him admiring him in his most peaceful state. I sit on the coffee table in front of him, my hands resting under my chin, my elbows resting on my knees as I simply stared. My right hand reaches out to smooth his bangs off his forehead but I pause right above them, my hand shaking at the thought of it. I pull it back only for it to grasp at my heart pounding in my chest.

 

I stand up and head to my room shutting the door behind me softly in order not to wake him. That's when the tears came, I lower to my knees burying my face into the floor. I hate myself so much. Why did Sejong have to see death? Why did he have to pass it on to me? Why couldn't he save my brother? Why? All these questions flood into my brain, but I know this is all my fault. Why did I even let Dohwan get this close to me? Close enough to wreck my world by one simple touch.

 

If I hadn't gotten close to him I would have never had to go through this. I would've went on seeing death like the freak I am until the day I died myself.

 

I lift my head off the floor and wipe at my tears. I won't have to suffer like this anymore soon, I could end this. I stand up moving to my bed, I slip my hand between the mattress and boxspring pulling out my school notebook, the same notebook Sejong used to write his notes in. I had wrote one thing in it myself, one for Dohwan. I had thought about just going without telling him why but I couldn't leave him without him knowing why.

 

I hold the notebook to my chest taking a deep breath before moving to the desk to write one last thing.

 

-

 

At 10:30 AM I lied in my bed still awake from the night before whenever the door to my room opens. Dohwan steps inside and frowns moving to sit on the bed, I make sure I'm in no position to touch him. I couldn't, not anymore. 

 

"You should've woke me when you came in last night. Did you sleep? You look like you've been up all night?" He sighs his frown still present on his face. His hand reaches out to run through my hair but I sit up and slip out of bed.

 

I laugh lightly turning to face away from him, I stare at the light coming through the window and how it lit up this dark room. Dohwan was my sun, he was what lit up my world, but just like anything else in the world the sun disappears causing the light to disappear. Unfortunately for me the sun wouldn't be rising again in my day.

 

"Sorry, I'm just so nervous to meet your family. That's all." I head towards the shower. "I'm going to shower."

 

"Okay, I have breakfast ready in the kitchen when you're done." He says quietly, I wonder if he's noticed something's up? Or if he was too nervous himself about seeing his mother and new siblings that he didn't?

 

I strip off my clothes as slowly as I can staring at myself in the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter