It’s a nice day huh?

is it brotherly love or romantic love?

“It’s a nice day huh?”

Jiwon ask sunghoon who looks sleepy already the minute he lays down on the mat. They are picnicking at the beach today. It’s been while since they last came here together because Sunghoon on wants to study and doing his homework at home whenever Jiwon ask him to come here. He finally gets to convince Sunghoon to come with him as soon as their semester breaks start. If not, who knows if Sunghoon would go crazy and start his own study week at home during this whole holiday?

 “Hmm it’s great. The sun is not so hot and the winds are so cooling. I’m getting sleepy already hyung.”

Sunghoon replied while his eyes starting to close slowly. Jiwon flicks Sunghoon’s forehead as soon as he saw that.

 “Yah! I brought you here to swim, not to sleep. Wake up already!”

 Jiwon nags at Sunghoon.

 “Aw that’s hurt hyung. I know that, but won’t it be great if we can sleep for a while? I just want to relaxes and rest for now hyung~”

Sunghoon pleads Jiwon cutely. Jiwon smiles seeing he does that. Whenever Sunghoon doesn’t want to do something, he would plead at Jiwon cutely so that he can escape from doing that thing. And of course Jiwon would definitely let him go when that happens.

“Then just stay here while I go and swim for a bit. Don’t just roams anywhere else without telling me first. Got it, Sunghoon-ah?”

Jiwon said as he’s patting Sunghoon’s forehead.

 “Okay hyung~ I’ll just stay here until you finish swimming. Go and enjoy yourself~”

Sunghoon says while he’s positioning himself to sleep.

“Okay”, Jiwon says before he stands up and runs toward the water.

After a while, Sunghoon sits up and stares hard at Jiwon’s direction.

 “This hyung, whenever we come to beach, he’ll always swim until he even forgets about me. He could have just come here alone if he just wants to swim. Now what am I going to do here alone?”

 He grumbles as he sees Jiwon is still enjoying himself in the water. He followed Jiwon here so that they can hang out and relaxes together. Not to sit here alone. He should have brought some of his books so he can read them while waiting for Jiwon out here alone. But that hyung would definitely nags him when he sees that. Jiwon hyung always nags him whenever he starts opening any book. He would call Sunghoon bookworm or nerd because he always studies. Yeah that’s true though. Before, he always thought that studying is his only method not to get bored. But since he’s becoming close with Jiwon, he starts to gradually grasp the meaning of having fun with your friend without any care with the world at all. And Jiwon would always find him first whenever he wants to hang out. He always takes cares of Sunghoon first before anything else. And he’s also too overprotective over Sunghoon. But Sunghoon didn’t mind that. He’s happy for that as he never had a brother before. By having Jiwon with him, he feels like he’s finally able to feel how it’s like to have an overprotective brother. Their friends also calls Jiwon Sunghoon’s guardian. It’s because wherever they go, they are always together. Some even think that they are an actual brother because of that. He smiles remembering that. Sunghoon looks for Jiwon again as he feels bored sitting on the beach alone. Looks like Jiwon has already stops swimming as he’s walking away from the water. He must be exhausted after swimming that long.

“I should go and buy some juices for him to drink.”

Sunghoon stands up and motion to Jiwon that he’s going to the stall at the side of the beach to buys drinks. He just goes without even waiting for Jiwon to respond back at him. He walks toward the stall and orders two drinks for the two of them. As he’s waiting for the drink, there’s a group of locals starting to surround the stall. There seems to be a lot of boys and girls in that group. Sunghoon just ignores them as he’s still waiting for his orders. Apparently, there’s a group of girls has that have been eyeing Sunghoon the minute they arrive at the stall. They gradually get closer to him and then they surround him, wanting to flirt with him. Sunghoon is totally freaked out as a group of es*ops my bad*girls is surrounding him trying to flirt with him. He just smiles at them and tries to ignore whatever they are saying to him. He act like he doesn’t understand any words that those es*I’m sorry my mistake*girls are saying at him. As Sunghoon pays for the drinks and he wants to get out from there, three man, with bulk bodies, come up to him and obstruct his way.

“Hey man, don’t you see that our girls are trying to talk to you? Can’t you at least respond to them before you leave?”

One man with the biggest build talks to him. The other two are snickering at his back.

“Yeah man. I bet you can’t understand what they are saying right? I mean we are not Asian after all.”

 

The other one said while laughing out loud with his friends. The es*my mistakes again sorry*girls at the back are giggling with themselves. Then the one before comes closer to Sunghoon and grabs his neck saying,

“I bet Asian people can’t even put out a fist, huh?”

Before that guy manages to punch Sunghoon, Jiwon punch him away from Sunghoon and said,

“I bet people like you don’t even know how to punch huh?”

“Jiwon hyung!”

Sunghoon is happy that Jiwon saved him but he’s getting worried that they may get into a fight with those guys. The guy that Jiwon punch is bleeding a little and he’s glaring at them both. Sunghoon thought that they are definitely in trouble.

“You bastard! Do you wanna die boy?”

He said to Jiwon. Jiwon just smiles back at him sarcastically and said,

“I thought you don’t even know how to fight? I can teach you if you want.”

He said mockingly at the guy. That guy runs up to Jiwon, ready to punch him but Jiwon is faster. He strongly punches that guy’s stomach and smacks his head. When his friends come join the fight, Jiwon kicks the guys away and takes Sunghoon’s hand and run. They both run away quickly from those guys to a safer place. When they finally lose them, they stop and start laughing at each other.

“I thought I was going to die just now if it’s not for you Jiwon hyung. Thanks for saving my .”

“I told you not to go anywhere without me! Now look what happen? It was fortunate enough that those guys are not that many. What do you think would have happen if they have lots of friends back there? We could have been dead.”

 

“But there’s not right? We are saved already so it’s okay hyung~”

Sunghoon makes his aegyo to Jiwon to stop him from getting mad. He knows Jiwon can’t get mad at him. He never can’t.

“You made me really worried back then. Stop getting into troubles Hoon-ah. It’s bad for my heart.”

Jiwon pats Sunghoon’s head lightly. He can never get mad at Sunghoon. He even wonders why.

“Okay hyung. I’m sorry okay~ We should go home now. Or else my aunt will nag at me again.”

“Yeah that’s right. Let’s go.”

And they go home safely*thank god* that day.

 

The same day, at night.

Jiwon’s POV

Jiwon lies on his bed, thinking about what happened before at the beach today. He was worried sick when he saw Sunghoon was surrounded by those girls back then. He immediately rushed to Sunghoon the minute he feels something’s wrong. He gets angry without any reason seeing that scene. But why though? He was even angrier when that stupid muscle guy grabbed Sunghoon’s neck. He can’t even think straight when he punches that guy. It was like his instinct takes over himself without he realized. Is it because he feels that they were picking up on his brother? Is it so? Does he think of Sunghoon as his brother? Or does he think of Sunghoon as more than a brother? As what exactly? Lately, whenever he saw Sunghoon was surrounded by girls, he would feel weird like he’s getting pissed off without a reason. He would get annoyed at anything. Even more so when Sunghoon was getting friendly with his friends. What does this feeling means? He would also get nervous as hell whenever he’s closes to Sunghoon. He would get happy just by seeing Sunghoon’s face. Weirdly enough, this is the first time he ever experience this kind of feeling. He only feels like this toward Sunghoon. Is this what they call love? Does this means that he’s in love with Sunghoon? In love? With a guy? And it’s Sunghoon on top of it! Like freaking in love? Gosh he got goosebumps just thinking about it. What would happen if Sunghoon were to find out about his feeling? He bet that Sunghoon would definitely hate him and stays away from him. God no he can’t have that to happen. He can’t bear having to separate away from Sunghoon. He won’t accept that. Never. He would do whatever it takes just to stay with Sunghoon as long as he can. Even if it means that he has to hide away his feeling towards Sunghoon. Definitely. Jiwon gather up his resolves and goes to sleep, dreaming about Sunghoon in his sleep.

 

As time goes by, Jiwon’s feeling towards Sunghoon gets stronger. He would sometimes decide to avoid Sunghoon for a while, but to no avail, his feelings would only get bigger the minute he saw Sunghoon’s face. Until one day they were scouted to be an artist by a president of an entertainment agency in Korea. He offered them both to be an idol in Korea and surprisingly, Sunghoon was interested by that idea. Jiwon unknowingly agrees as he can’t leave Sunghoon’s side. They both accepted the offers and now are training to prepare for their debut for 6 months already. Unexpectedly, the actual ideas of debuting as a duo was cancelled as at that time, H.O.T was on the top of the popularity due to their song, candy as they have to recruit four more additional members to compete against them. And the other members were none other than Jang Suwon, Lee Jaijin, Kim Jeaduck and Ko Jiyong. That’s how they became a six member group called Sechskies. In the group, Jiwon became close to Jiyong. They would spend their time together whenever they are free. It was Jiwon’s method of trying to put away his feeling towards Sunghoon. He would hang out with other members as well. Whenever Jiwon was alone with Sunghoon, Jiwon would calls out other member to come as well. He kept his feeling locked away for years until one day, Jiyong noticed his feelings. It was stupid, but Jiyong didn’t hate him for that. He even supported his feelings.

“Hyung. Jiwon hyung! I think you should just confess to Sunghoonie. Maybe he would accept your feelings. After all you both have been close to each other for years right? Why not give it a chance for once?”

“Yah, are you stupid? How can he accept my feeling when he’s clearly likes women? We have been close for years as friend, not as couple.”

“But maybe his feeling would changes when you confess to him? Don’t just give up without trying, hyung.”

“Jiyong-ah, why can’t you understand? I can’t tell him my feelings as I’m afraid that our relationship won’t stay the same anymore. Just having him by my side like this is already enough for me, Jiyongie.”

“But hyung, I don’t want to see you like this anymore. I want you to be happy too. I hate seeing you heartbroken like this whenever Sunghoonie dates a girl. You look pathetic hyung. I hate that!”

Jiwon just smiles upon hearing Jiyong’s words. He knows how Jiyong cares for him as a brother. And he’s grateful for that. But he’s too afraid to take the risk. He’s too afraid thinking about the possibilities that he might destroy their relationship. Not just with Sunghoon, but with the other member too.  He can’t do that to them. He’s their leader after all. And he must protect their group with all his strength. Because it is what Sunghoon cherish the most. Sechskies and DSF, their fans. He can’t take that away from Sunghoon. He would do anything to makes him happy. He thought that he can do it. Until one day,

“What? Disband? You want us to disband our group just because we didn’t reach our album sales this time? Are you kidding me right now?”

Jiwon just can’t believe what he had heard just now. The agency wants them to disband only after their third years from debut? What the hell? Just because they didn’t ing reach the album sales. He starts to get angry at their president. He tried to reason with them but sadly, the decision was decided earlier. Even without their group’s consent. Sechskies have to disband. It is the end result. He was dismissed from the office and told to inform the members about the decision. They didn’t even let him argue about it at all. Jiwon falls to the floor as he’s disappointed at himself. For not protecting the group’s future. For not trying his best to prevent this to happen.  How can he even tell the members about this? Most importantly, how can he tell Sunghoon about this news? How can he himself even handle it for parting away from his love, Kang Sunghoon? He said he would do anything to prevent this to happen. But now, what did he even do? He can’t even save his own group. Jiwon was so devastated upon realizing that he’ll part ways with Sunghoon soon. Why did all this happen to him?

 

Jiyong, who have been searching for Jiwon when he heard that he was called to the president’s office was surprised when he found Jiwon drinking alone, in the broad daylight.

“Hyung! Jiwon hyung! What happen? Why are you drinking alone in this broad daylight? What did the president told you?”

He asks Jiwon nonstop. He shakes Jiwon’s body, trying to wake him into the reality when he notices that Jiwon won’t respond to his question. He figures that Jiwon is already drunk. Jiyong calls up the waiter and ask for bills. When he’s done paying the bills, he carries Jiwon home on his back. Luckily there were not many people there. Jiwon, who’s drunk, suddenly jump off from Jiyong’s back and falls down on the ground. Jiyong was shocked as he watches Jiwon were lying flat on the ground.

“Hyung! Why did you jump off on the ground? You could have been hurt! What happen actually huh? What happen that made you become this drunk? Tell me hyung!”

“Jiyong-ah. I couldn’t do it. I was so weak. I let this to happen under my watch.”

Jiwon finally respond to Jiyong’s words. Then he starts crying, real hard. He stomps his feet on the ground like a child. He punches the walls with his hands continuously until Jiyong stops him. Jiyong was so surprised seeing Jiwon cried. He tried to calm him down by hugging Jiwon and patting his head. He knew something bad must have happened at the president’s office before. Something really bad that made Jiwon becomes like this. The one thing that he could only think of,

“He(the president) orders our group to disband, right? He did, didn’t he?”

And Jiwon starts to cries even harder in Jiyong’s arm. He just couldn’t accept the reality. The reality that he desperately tries to avoid the most.

“I couldn’t even do anything to stop it, Jiyong-ah. I couldn’t do anything at all! I tried to, but I was too weak to do anything. Now how can I tell this to the others? To Sunghoon? How can I even tell them about this?”

Jiwon was very hurt, Jiyong thought. How can they even do this to them? And he’s feeling sorry to Jiwon for bearing this whole thing by himself.

“I think we should go back first hyung. You should calm yourself first above all. You’re pretty messed up right now. Let’s go hyung.”

And Jiyong carries Jiwon home on his back again.

 

“Disband?”

The members said it at the same time. Jiwon and Jiyong finally decide to tell the other members about the news after discussing it for a while. They were all very shocked hearing the news, especially Sunghoon. Jiwon’s heart broke to pieces when he sees that Sunghoon was so crestfallen upon the news of their disbandment. He hate it the most seeing Sunghoon’s face like that. He can’t bear to watch the person that he loves the most to be so devastated like that. He hates himself for it.

And sadly, Sechskies was disbands. They couldn’t stop it from happen. It was a very saddening time for them. After the press conference for their disbandment news, they each go on a separated ways. Jiwon wanted to keep following Sunghoon but since they were told about the disbandment news, Sunghoon starts to avoid himself from Jiwon. That made Jiwon feels so frustrated and mad at himself. He couldn’t brace himself to go and confront Sunghoon before they go their own ways.

“Hyung! You should confess to him before it’s too late! Or else you would regret it for the rest of your life, Jiwon hyung!”

Jiyong keeps on pestering him to confess before they part ways with each other. He knew Jiwon would definitely regret it in the future. That’s why he keeps on asking him to confess already.

“I can’t Jiyong-ah. He already hates me enough. I can’t make him hates me more than he already have. I’ll just keep this feeling locked away in my heart until it’s gone. Don’t worry Jiyongie. I’ll be happy. I won’t be sad anymore.”

“Jiwon hyung, you must be happy okay? I’ll pray that you’ll find your own happiness in the future. So promise me that you’ll be happy, got it?”

“I promise you Jiyong-ah. I’ll be happy.”

 

Present time

“I’m happy now, Jiyong-ah. I’m happy.”

Jiwon said while his tears falls down to his cheek.