Chapter 3

Serendipity

GANGNAM HIGH

"Guys ! Guys !" Somi calls. "Aish, you're so loud !" Chanyeol said. "I heard that there will be a new transfer student today." She said. "So what ?" I said, with my usual blank face. "And I heard that it's your cousin, is that right, Jane ?" Somi said. Jane stay silent, as she tidies up her things on the desk the way any perfectionist would, yes she is one. 

JANE

Right then, the door slides open. "Attention. Good morning, madam." Chanyoung, the class president greeted. "We'll be having a new student today, and I bet Jane knows her." The teacher said, smiling towards me, while I keep my blank face. "Come in." 

30 minutes ago..

JOOHYUN

Ever since I arrived at the school, my mouth would never stop gaping. IS IT REALLY A SCHOOL ? I've only seen this kind of building in TV. You know, the building of big companies. With high-technology facilities and luxurious furnitures. This school is WAY MORE BIGGER than my previous school. How much money do they have to be able to build this huge area of school ?

When I think I would get lost for forever in this school, luckily Chanyoung, my friend and the only person I know besides Jane here, comes to save me. Of course not by himself, his girlfriend, Bona will always be with him, like she said, "I'm here to make sure that you are not flirting with MY Chanyoung," stressing the 'my'. 

"Let's talk at the cafe." He said. "Cafe ?! This school even have cafe ?!" I said, half-shouting. "Yah ! Shut up ! Why are you shouting at us ?" Bona fussed. I quickly close my mouth and mutter a small sorry. "Yes we do, because the son of the cafe owner is also here." He said as he side glance a boy in fur coat, sitting cross-legged and boasting about his new car to his friends.

We walk a bit and even take a mini escalator to reach the cafe at the rooftop. We settle on a table and order some drinks. "Okay, let me start with this school system." I begin to focus.

"This school is made up by 90% of the wealthy families in the nation. There are also international students here. So, I think you need some kind of cover-up here." He said. I look at them confused. "Why do I need so ?" I asked. "Because if they know you're a social welfare student, you'll be bullied here." Bona said, annoyed with me. I froze. Bullies ? Here too ? "I thought there's none here because most of the students are rich ?", I said. "The bullies here doesn't look after money, they'll just mostly bully for pleasure of making someone their slave." Chanyoung said. I become silent.

"So, that's why I encourage you to pretend to be a daughter from a big company. And since you're Jane's cousin, I'm sure it will be easier for the others to believe you." He said. "Wait. What did you said ? Jane's cousin ? Who ? Her ? This shabby chicken delivery girl is Jane's cousin ?!" Bona half-shouted, making sure that nobody else heard. 

"It's shocking but yes, she is." He said as I frown. "O.M.G." She gasps dramatically. "Please Bona, I only need you and Jane to know about her background." He said and Bona nod her head. 

"Okay, then, I think we're free to go right now. Want me to show you the way to the office ?" Chanyoung asks. "Sure." I said.

Just as we stand up, I saw Jane walking towards us. "Jane-ah." I said, making Bona and Chanyoung turn back. "What are you doing here ?" Jane asks me. "I-" "Chanyoung and I gave her a brief explaination about the school's system." Bona cut my sentences. Jane looks at her and Chanyoung before turning to me. "Follow me, I'll take you to the Principal's office." She says and lead the way, having me to fasten my pace to match hers.

"Ish, not even a thank you." I heard Bona fussed. "How do you know them ?" Jane suddenly asks while we are walking. "Who ? Bona and Chanyoung ? I know Chanyoung since elementary school and Bona, I just know her recently." I said. Soon, we arrived in front of a front door. "Go on. Just give them whatever you have." Jane said before turning around. "Wait, aren't you going to help me ?" I asked. She sighs and turns to me. "Are you a kid ? Don't think I'll help you with everything." She said before turning around and walks off. I sigh. 'Why am I so lucky to have a cousin like her ?' -_-

/SCHOOL GYMNASIUM/

"Be a dog." A voice said and immediately, a boy with bowl cut hair kneel and pretends to be a dog. They laugh. "So cute" "So dumb" For 10 minutes, the scenarios in the gym never change. Dog, bird, cat, you name it. "Stand up." The boy, LEE TAEYONG, said. The poor boy did and immediately after, a tennis ball was thrown to him, straight on his left arm. He hissed quietly. "Aww, does it hurt ? That means that we didn't trained you good enough. You know why we always love to play with you ?" Taeyong asked,sitting cross-legged on the chair. The boy shakes his head.

Taeyong laugh. "Because we are training you on how to face challenges in the future. Since you'll be the employee, and we are the employers, things wouldn't be hard on you in the future. Know why ? Because we trained you. You see, dogs also need to be trained on how to be polite and obedient to their owners, so as you." He said as he walks towards the boy and stop by his side to whisper, "Stupid". After he left, the boy was left to be beaten up by the others,

And on the outside, there stood Joohyun, froze on her steps, eye-widen as she saw what just happened.