Chapter 2

Serendipity

GANGNAM H.S.

Talk about school, who won't mention Gangnam High ? It's a private school which was entered by mostly the top 0.5% of the wealthy families. The school's buildings and facilities are mostly imported from the other countries and even the country-made items cost a fortune. Since the school's organisation is made up by the wealthies, there is a special system made for the average families called 'Social Welfare System'.

The cars are lining up at the school compound, dropping students one by one. As Jane went out of her car, she walks to the entrance when someone calls her name. "Hey Jane !" The person stood in front of her with a big smile. "Hey." She replied and walks past the boy.

"So, how's your grandma. Is she fine ?"  He asked. "Yeah, sort of." She said. They walk together into the building. They stop to look at the big screen, which is showing the school's basketball team winning a match yesterday. "So, they win, huh ?" Chanyeol said. "Jane ! Jane !" Another voice heard. "Have you heard about the basketball team ?" Somi asked while clinging to Jane's arm. "I don't care." She said while removing her arm from the girl.

"But you promised me you'll have a dinner with me if I win ?" Someone said, making Chanyeol and Somi turn around, while Jane, without turning back, bites her lip, regretting her promise.

JOOHYUN

I am walking with my aunt, to shop for a few things. Then, the car stops in front of a shop, a luxuriously looked one. We entered it and the staff all bowed to my aunt. I guess this is her boutique. "I'm here to make a new uniform. For her." She said, as she looks at me. The staff quickly lead me into a room, where there are many measuring and sewing items. They asks me to stand on a block, and spread my arms wide. And immediately, they measure my body lengths. After that, we went to aunt's house. My mouth gaped as I saw beautiful and luxurious decor and furnitures in the house. 

"Make yourself at home." Aunt said as she went into her room. I look around the house and saw many pictures. Then, the maid serve me a drink and I bow, muttering a 'thank you'. She smiles at me but then, she quickly bows down. I look to my back and saw Jane and her brother, Suho. Suho waves to me while Jane just stood there, staring at me. 

"Joohyun ? What are you doing here ?" She asked, with her usual cold voice. "I just finished buying things for school." I said. "Oh right, you're going to our school tomorrow, right ?" Suho asked. I nodded. "Don't worry, you have us-" Suho's word were cut off by Jane elbowing his ribs. "Why ?" He whined.

"Oh, you're back. I'll make you dinner-" "Don't." Jane quickly cut her mother, actually, stepmother's words. "We'll eat somewhere else." She said. "What ?" Suho asked. "Shut. We're eating outside, and you're buying." Jane said and went upstairs. Suho looks at me and shrugged. "Have a nice day." He said and went upstairs as well. 'How can siblings be so different ?' I wondered. 

I continue to look at the pictures. The trophies that was won by Jane and Suho, because of being active in violin and football respectively. Their model pictures from their mother's clothing brand. Yes, my aunt owns a clothing chain, one of the biggest in Asia. And she took Jane and Suho as her main models, seeing that both have the characteristics of a model, with Suho having the right height and face, and Jane the same. 

I'm really different from Jane. She has it all. You name it, from money, looks, status, intelligence, everything. If only I could be reborn, I really wished to be her.

JANE

"AAAHHHHHH !" I screamed as the others in the Clubhouse block their ears. "Yah ! What's wrong with you ?" Chanyoung, who just came into the clubhouse asks. 

"She's getting angry at herself for promising Guanlin a date if he wins the game." Chanyeol explained. Chanyoung smirks. "And he won it." And they laughed when suddenly, a cushion comes flying towards Chanyoung.

"What's wrong with going out with him ? He's your to-be fiancé though." Nana said. "I don't like him." I said, taking a sip of my juice. "He's my to-be fiancé because our family told us to do so, that's all. It's not like I like him." I said, sinking into the couch. "But he likes you. Or should I say, he loves you." Chanyoung said, as he picks up a file from the desk. "I agree. He is so perfect, Jane. How can you don't like him ?" Somi said. I glared at her.

"She didn't say anything wrong though. He's the sweetest boy I've ever met in my life. He went to your recitals when none of your families do so. He always prepares an umbrella in his locker in case it's raining and he would always protects you from the rain. Gosh, you might have some problems, Jane." Nana said.

"What are you doing here, Chanyoung ? Where's your 'little baby' Bona ?" Hyungshik said. I shiver with the nickname that he gave to his girlfriend. "She's not here. She just asks me to pick this file up from here." He said, showing us the file. "I got goosebumps with your pet names." I said. "Thank you for being jealous. By the way, if you haven't know yet, your very soon-to-be fiancé have you as 'princess' saved in his phone." I choke on my drink. 

"Yah ! Are you okay ?" Somi asked, handing me tissues. "Kim Chanyoung you'll die !" I said as he walks towards the door. "Oh princess look ! Your prince charming is here to pick you up to the Cinderella ball." He left with a chuckle as I am inviscibly burning with flame. I quickly run to the restroom to hide myself. I text Somi to lie that I'm not here when somebody knocks on the door. Who dares to knock on the door when Jane Kim is inside ?

I am about to glare at the person when the voice freezes me. "Jane ? Are you inside ?" I gulped. That's when my phone vibrates, as Somi send me a picture of her, Nana, Myungsoo and Chanyoung posing with a 'Fighting' pose and caption, "Good luck with your date ! We're out !" I sighed and smashed my fist on the toilet, pretending to flush it although I know it sounds a little bit rough.

"Jane ? Are you okay ?" Guanlin asks again. I sigh and open the door, revealing him, looking at me with a worried expression. "Are you alright ?" He asked. "I'm fine.

I walk back to the living room, ahead of him. He lead me into his car and we drove off to somewhere. "I'm really looking forward to today !" He said happily. "You're not easy to be brought out." He says. "I know." I said. "You, look so pretty." He compliments. "I know." I said and he giggles.

"Our parents are there too." He says. I look at him. "Why are they there ?" I asked. "My mom said they want to discuss about our engagement party, which will be happening this Saturday. You forgot, right ?" He asked. Yeah, I had actually forgotten about it. "But don't worry, we'll be eating on another table, away from them. I booked another table because I know you won't like it to eat together with them." He said. 

I stay silent, appreciating his consideration and without realising, my mouth formed a small smile.