Episode 23

Power Rangers SJ Force

In the spaceship, Polly is working on the mysterious crystal that is not part of the main seven crystals. Slasher noticed it as Polly stopped her work. "You think you can hide it from me? Not anymore cause Commander Rex is recovering from his drunken sake." Slasher said. "You can say that again but I am leaving this ship to find my greatest desire though." she said as Vexhag overheard their conversation. "Don't worry, you will run away soon." he said with a villianous laugh.

In the lab, the others are more worried about Leeteuk since he have decided not to take a rest. "Ever since the explorers knew about Leeteuk's appa and his grandparents' death, he doesn't seem to eat anything except a small bits of fruits." Siwon said. "But why would Slasher kill his dad instead?" Heechul asked.

"Maybe he has some connections between themselves." Eunhyuk said. "No way, maybe his father has something strange going on with him that Slasher killed him and his grandparents." Kyuhyun said. "Whatever it is, we have to wait for results until the explorers figure everything out." Donghae said. "By the way, has anyone seen Ryeowook-sshi?" Kyuhyun asked. "Oh, he went to grab more items for the cafe." Eunhyuk said as Kyuhyun nodded. Donghae knew Ryeowook lied to them as he went to Leeteuk in the training pot.

In the training pot, Leeteuk kept panting as he knew hitting the dummey isn't going to help him to get rid of his depression. Ryeowook watched him with a concerned look. "Hyung, do you need any water?" he asked. 

"I'm fine Ryeowook-sshi. We still have to defeat Vexhag though since he is a bounty hunter." the older male said as he grabbed the towel to wipe the sweat of his face. "Stop lying to me. This isn't the real you ever since Slasher bring Vexhag that will traumatized your memory." Ryeowook said. "Will you stop bugging me? Go with the others will you?" the older male said as Ryeowook nodded and left the leader in the training pot.

"Don't worry Ryeowook-sshi, he just needs to cool down though." Mr Kim said. "I understand. I guess I need to go back to the dorm now. The other hyungs and Kyuhyun-sshi are waiting for me though since I lied to them about me going to buy more items for the cafe." Ryeowook said as he was about to leave. "Ryeowook-sshi, here's a letter for you. From your sibling?" Mr Kim said as he took out the letter for the purple ranger. Ryeowook noticed it and it was from his older sister. "Noona..." he said.

Outside the museum, Ryeowook read the letter that his older sister wrote for him while she is in the hospital, recovering an unknown illness.

"Hi Ryeonggu,

How are you feeling today? I hope you are doing well in your summer job in the museum. I am getting out of this hospital soon! The doctor said my illness is gone. All I need to do is to take one more medical test so that I am able to run as I wanted to. I hope I can fight like you despite you're not very good at it. Except with the gun though, which I cannot do that like you though. I hope I will meet your friends soon. Just be you!

Your noona,
Kim Mijin."

Ryeowook smiled as he knew his sister is excited to see him anytime soon. He thought as how his sister managed to get the unknown illness that it gives him nightmares despite she looks healthy.

Flashback:

Mijin is playing a piano at the age of 13. A 7 years old, Ryeowook admire her skills as he wanted to learn how to play a piano like her. "Noona, can you teach me how to play?" he asked. "You'll get it later. I need to go to the toilet." Mijin said as she quickly ran to the toilet. Ryeowook was a bit confused as he followed her until he heard a sound that she wasn't able to wake up. "Noona?... UMMA!" he shouted that his mother called an ambulance to carry his sister while Ryeowook was crying for her that the unknown illness got her instead of him.

End of flashback

"But she wants me to be healthy instead. She just have to risk it fro me." he thought to himself until he heard the others called him. "Ryeowook-sshi!" Eunhyuk shouted as they all walked briskly for him. "Guys?" he asked. "Are you okay? You look a little down." Siwon said. "Oh nothing. I've got a letter from my noona." the younger male said. "Noona?" Kyuhyun asked. "Oh yeah, Ryeowook has an older sibling but he doesn't talk about her so much. Sorry..." Donghae said. "It's okay. Besides, she is getting better from that stupid illness anyway." Ryeowook said.

"Hm... what if that noona was the purple ranger instead?" Heechul said as he thought they need a female ranger. "Excuse me?" Ryeowook said. Kyuhyun noticed this as he hit the latter on the head. "Pabo! Ryeowook can hear you!" he whispered. "Huh? Hehehe, sorry. I didn't mean it though. You're the best purple ranger we've ever had!" Heechul said while Eunhyuk, Donghae and Siwon just shook their head. "That's okay. Anyway, I'm treating you all with my cooking. You guys want?" Ryeowook said as the others agreed with him.

In the dorms, the others enjoyed their own food that were made by Ryeowook. However, Ryeowook has another thought ever since Heechul said those words. "Noona, I think you got everything mixed up. I don't think I am confident as you thought I would be for you. Since..." he thought as he look at Heechul. 

"What if that noona was the purple ranger instead?" the words of Heechul said. "What if noona get the purple crystal and morphed into a ranger instead? She would like to help the team more so than me. Especially she can help Leeteuk-hyung with the issue of Slasher that kill his appa." he thought as he looked at his crystal. "I'm a pabo!" he said it to himself thinking he is more stupid despite he is more intelligent than the others.

Somewhere else, there are two people doing a model-like photoshoot. One is taking a picture, the other is posing. Another person is talking to someone on the phone saying he has an important meeting to attend. However, a monster uses his sand powers to hit these three people causing them to remove the sand for a while. "I'm so sorry. Now I-" the man said as he dropped his stuff as he feels something strange in his throat along witht the other two.

"Hey Ryeowook-sshi, are you still feeling okay?" Kyuhyun asked while they are walking back to the museum. "I think he is still pretty upset about what Heechul said." Eunhyuk said. "What? Guys, I told you. I am okay and I haven't eaten anything." Ryeowook said.

"Then, let's get a burrito then." Heechul said as they saw the people taking the burrito without paying anything. "Yah! What are you people doing?!?!?!" Siwon shouted as he and Donghae stopped the other people from stealing the burrito. "What are all these?" Kyuhyun said as Eunhyuk pointed at the monster.

The monster managed to spit more sand at the other civilians causing them to feel uneasy. "You! You're the one who's causing the trouble, aren't you?" Heechul asked. "Let me introduce myself. I'm Acidstep. I'm one of the monster who's been sent by Vexhag." the monster said. "These people will keep eating and drinking since I put some poison in their throat. The next day, they will die withing 24 hours." Acidstep said.

"That's bull from you! Change Standby!" Heechul command the team since Leeteuk isn't with them. "Roger!" they responded to Heechul instead.

"PINK PHOENIX!"

"BROWN GORILLA!"

"BLUE DRAGON!"

"PURPLE PEGASUS!" 

"RED LION!"

"GREEN EAGLE!"

"Mythical Change!" "Mythical Henge!" they morphed into their ranger suits as Acidstep summoned the minions to destroy the rangers. Each of them fight the minions one by one since it is still easy for them. However, Ryeowook isn't focusing on them since he is stil lhurt by those words despite it's a what if thought, not real one.

Eunhyuk saved Ryeowook when one of the minion was about to hit him on the back. "You have to focus in here!" Eunhyuk said as Ryeowook felt that he doesn't need anybody's help. "I can do this on my own!" he said as he went to Acidstep. "Yah! Ryeowook!" Heechul shouted.

Acidstep managed to dodge Ryeowook's attacks since the latter is a bit weak than everyone else. "What's the matter? Cat got your tounge?" the monster mocked him. "Bad joke here!" Ryeowook said as he used his purple shuriken to hit the latter but it hit him instead. "Well, take these balls instead!" Acidstep said as Ryeowook demorph due to the injuries that are showing bleeding.

"I guess you might take the sand I will give it to you!" Acidstep said as Siwon and Donghae slashed the minions and cover Ryeowook when the younger male was about to get hit. But instead, it hit the blue and the green ranger on their neck, causing them to cough and demorph instead.

"Donghae-hyung! Siwon-sshi!" he said. "Oh, this is perfect!" Acidstep said. "Water!" Donghae shouted. "I need some food to eat!" Siwon said as both of them are now part of being sand spell that they went off while Ryeowook felt a dissapointment on himself that the others protected him.

"Ryeowook!" Heechul said as he and Eunhyuk went to protect Ryeowook as well. "You're next!" Acidstep said as both Heechul and Eunhyuk were also got hit by his sand powers and they demorph instead. "My throat is dry!" Eunhyuk said as Heechul agreed while both ran off. "Hyungs!" Kyuhyun said as he is the only one left to protect Ryeowook. Acidstep hit Kyuhyun with a blast causing the latter to demorph as well but did not get hit by the sand.

"I will get your crystals soon!" Acidstep said as he left the two youngest members instead. "Ryeowook-ah, are you okay?" Kyuhyun asked as the latter did not respond instead. "Come on, let's go back to the lab to get you a treatment instead." the latter said as Ryeowook wanting to cry instead.

Back in the spaceship, Commander Rex slaps Polly that the other minions and Slasher watched her. "Why did you go and do it behind my back?" he shouted. "I thought you might be useless since you will never get to know something even greater." Polly said. "That's it! I forbid you to go out until we get the rangers' crystal!" Commander Rex said as Polly left the main room instead. Vexhag smirked as he knew his plan success that not only he will get the rangers' crystals, but splitting the villians apart.

At night, Mr Kim tied Heechul, Eunhyuk, Donghae and Siwon since he knew they are still being hit by a sand. "Water! Just give me water!" Donghae shouted. "I have a damn dry throat. So, give me something to eat!" Eunhyuk shouted as well. "Burrito! I need them!" Heechul shouted the same. "I need more food!" Siwon shouted as they are now being power-hungry. Kyuhyun has finished treating Ryeowook with bandages as both watch their hyungs being insane.

"I'm sorry hyungs..." Ryeowook said as he took his crystal and left the lab. Kyuhyun followed him as Mr Kim stopped him for a while. "I need to check on Ryeowook whether he is okay or not." the latter said. "I know but I need you to see if he's reading that letter." Mr Kim said.

Outside the museum, Ryeowook played a piano as part of him to calm him down but his wrist is starting to hurt him despite being bandage. He took out the letter as he re-read it again. Knowing he is being the useless of the team, he tore the letter into pieces and left the piano instead to cry.

Kyuhyun noticed Ryeowook is not being himself as Kyuhyun took the torn letter and went to Mr Kim. "I think it has to do with either the letter or Heechul's words though." Kyuhyun said. "What did Heechul said?" Mr Kim asked.

"I think he says that what if his noon become the purple ranger. But he found it alongside with Donghae after Slasher was about to kill Donghae's dog." Kyuhyun explained. "Kyuhyun, being me the tools. I am going to examine the letter and repair it back to normal. Will you help me with this process?" Mr Kim as Kyuhyun agreed while Leeteuk overheard after he had done with his training.

The next day, Acidstep managed to get the other civilians being starve to death. In the lab, Mr Kim realized that Acidstep is getting more civilians hunger instead while the other four are still in the sand spell.

"I'm going out!" Leeteuk said. "Leeteuk-sshi, are you still okay?" Mr Kim asked. "I'm fine. Just tell the maknaes to catch up with me." Leeteuk said as he took his crystal with him. Ryeowook and Kyuhyun ran to follow their leader until Mr Kim told Ryeowook to stop.

"Don't worry, you'll catch up with me later." Kyuhyun said as he took his crystal to catch their leader. "Mr Kim, is there something wrong?" Ryeowook asked. "I want to apologise that I have read your letter without your permission." the latter said as Ryeowook is confused instead.

"Those words that Heechul said, it's only just in your head. Your noona would never found the purple crystal like you did." Mr Kim said. "But why?" Ryeowook asked. "Because the crystal bond with someone who has a good heart as well who is willing to protect that many people. She even said in the letter that you just had to be you. Not anyone else!" Mr Kim said as Ryeowook left the lab with his crystal.

Outside the museum, Ryeowook remembered what Mr Kim said to him eariler. "She even said in the letter that you just had to be you." the words replayed in his head until he realized it. "Just be you!" the letter said as Ryeowook now has his confidence as he ran to help Leeteuk and Kyuhyun.

Acidstep sat down until Leeteuk arrived. "Well, it's the white ranger only." the monster said. "You will get over it. Change Standby!" Leeteuk said as he took out his global power-up.

"WHITE TIGER!"

"Mythical Change!" he morphed into his ranger suit as he battle against Acidstep one by one. Kyuhyun arrived as he realized Leeteuk is fighting against Acidstep. "Hyung, wait up! Mythical Henge!" Kyuhyun said as he went to help the leader. However, Acidstep managed to defeat the two of them until Ryeowook blast him with his gun. "Ryeowook!" both of them said. "Now, let the show begins. Chang Standby!" Ryeowook said.

"PURPLE PEGASUS!"

"Mythical Change!" he morphed into his ranger suit and this time, he managed to attack Acidstep since he actually managed to find the weakspot. "Take this as your own medience!" Acidstep said as he use his sand power. However, Ryeowook use a new global-up to block those sand attacks. "Hyung, Kyuhyun! Let's take this freak down!" Ryeowook said as the trio managed to defeat Acidstep in his first life.

"I'm hungry... Wait, what am I doing here?" the woman said as the civilians have recovered and are no longer in spell of the sand power. "How are you make me use the second life!!!" Acidstep said as the trio need more help until they heard the other zords though. "Need any help?" Heechul asked. "Sorry, we're very late though." Eunhyuk apologized. "We're just in time to help you guys." Donghae said. "Let's get this bussiness started!" Siwon said as the team form into their own megzord.

The megzord managed to attack Acidstep though. However, the monster managed to attack them back. "How are we going to do that?!?!?" Kyuhyun said as Ryeowook has another idea. "Hyung, throw me!" he asked while the others were confused. "What?" Leeteuk asked.

"Just do it! I know what I am doing!" the latter said as the megazord throw Ryeowook's zord that the latter actually hit the weakspot. "Now you know why I'm the smart one." he said as his zord went back to the megazord. "Huh?" Acidstep asked as the megazord use it's final attack on him as it kills him instead.

The team are heading back to the museum to resume back to their regular duties while Ryeowook smiled at himself as he wanted to thank his sister for helping him in his mind. "Noona, I guess I am not a pabo anymore. Everyone still needs me though since I was the one who makes the plans." he thought as Kyuhyun asked him again. "Are you now okay?" he asked. "This time, I'm feeling better though." Ryeowook answered back.

"Hey, Ryeowook-sshi..." Leeteuk asked. "Yes?" the younger male asked. "Do you have any more food that you can cook for me? I am kinda hungry." Leeteuk answered as everyone stared at their leader blankly as if they did not believe him at all. Until they laughed instead that they knew Leeteuk needs more energy instead. "Ok, we'll finish our duities first. Then I cook some dinner for everyone!" Ryeowook said as the team ran to get to the museum first.

To be continued...