Chapter 9

A Hunter's Struggle

Hoseok got ready to go, packing up the truck. "Ya'll don't want food to go?" Asked Ryeowook as he came outside to see if Hoseok needed help. "I'm sure the kids would," said Hoseok. "Not much to pack hm?" Asked Ryeowook. "Nope," said Hoseok as he put his bag of clothes under the back seat. "Thanks for letting me use your washer and dryer," he said. "No problem, I figured you'd need to use it at some point," he said.

After Hoseok was done packing up the truck he turned and saw Hyunjin and the others come outside ready to go. "Tell Joshua and Mingyu that I'll let Jun know that they said hi," he said. "Sure," said Ryeowook. "The two youngest will definitely miss being around people their age," he said. Hoseok shook his head. "We'll be back to turn in our stuff," he said. "See you around then," he said. Ryeowook nodded and headed inside.

"Ready?" Asked Hoseok as he turned to the others. "Yeah," said Hyunjin. "Mind if I ride shotgun?" Asked Minho. "Go for it," said Hoseok. "I'm calling window," said Hyunjin and Jisung. "Damn it," said Jeongin. "Ya'll are lucky as hell that I'm the only one who needs clothes," said Hoseok as he climbed into the driver's seat. The others got in the truck and Hoseok waved when he saw Minghao and DK standing at the window. He smiled when they waved back before starting the truck and driving off, heading South.

"We're stopping in New York City first," he said as he pulled onto the interstate. "Oh?" Asked Hyunjin. "My older brother wanted me to come visit for a little bit, and Yongguk wanted to finally meet me," said Hoseok. "We only know each other through Yoongi but," he said, shrugging. "Oh, our neighbors," said Minho. "Sure," he said. "Where's your pack territory located?" Asked Hoseok. "Buffalo," said Hyunjin.

There was a call and Hoseok picked up, putting it on speaker as he put the phone on the dashboard dock. "What's up Yoongi?" He asked. "I hope you weren't leaving Boston without coming to visit us first," came Yoongi's voice. "Nah, we're heading there now," said Hoseok. "Why, what's up?" He asked. "I told Yongguk you were coming, he's expecting it now," said Yoongi. Hoseok sighed. "Damn it Yoongi," he said. Yoongi laughs. "I'll see you in a few hours then," he said before hanging up.

"I was planning on waiting until the return trip and now we have to go," said Hoseok as he sighed. "Your brother seems interesting," said Jisung. "Well, he's a lot more open now," he said, shrugging. "Daehyun's keeping him from going into his shell," he said. "Which is good, because of him not having his wolf," he said. "Yoongi promised to live for Yugyeom," he said. "And now that Yugyeom's wolf has his pure blood mate it makes it easier," he said.

"Anyway, get some sleep, we'll be there in a few hours," he said as he changed lanes. He focused on driving for now, stopping at a rest stop to use the restrooms at the border between the states. "If you guys want to stretch your legs some go for it," he said before getting out of the truck. "I'll be back in a few minutes," he said before heading to the restrooms.

Minho got out of the truck, stretching. Hyunjin and Jisung were next, dragging Jeongin out of the truck. "Honestly do you have any shame?" Asked Hyunjin as he shoved Jeongin against the truck, softly growling as to not draw attention. "You knew he had a mate," he spat. "Do you realize the consequences of your actions?" He asked. "He is our teacher," he said. "I don't know what your problem is but don't do anything stupid," he spat, before letting him go.

Jisung shook his head. "I warned you Hyunjin, but you didn't believe me," he said. "It's not too late to pick another beta," said Minho. "Not until we're declared official anyway," he said. "You're lucky Hoseok gave you a second chance," said Hyunjin. "I don't want this opportunity to slip, we'll never have this chance again," he said.

"Is that all you care about?" Asked Jeongin. "You live under the shadow of Sungjin-hyung," he said. "You can't be as great as him," he said. "Take that back," snarled out Hyunjin as he went to punch Jeongin but was stopped by Minho and Jisung. "It's not worth it right now," said Minho.

"Kids," said Hoseok as he walked over. "Make the alpha decision here Hyunjin," he said. "Kick him out right now and continue as you three, or keep him and risk your entire career as a vampire hunter," he said. "Honestly, you're still a child," he said, turning to Jeongin. "I was 6 when I was living on the streets, my parents dead," he said. "Be grateful that you still have them," he said.

"We're keeping him," said Hyunjin. "And we're switching him out with someone else when we run into your mate and the rest of my pack," he said. "Keep him on a leash until then," said Hoseok. "Because I don't want to deal with any more problems before the first mission," he said. "Honestly, I prefer Felix or Seungmin with us right now," grumbled Jisung. "Mm," said Minho.

"You're not my beta anymore Jeongin, I strip you of that title," said Hyunjin. "Minho," he said, turning to Minho. "Will you accept my offer of being my new beta?" He asked. "Yes," said Minho.

"Well, now that that's out of the way, who's riding shotgun now?" Asked Hoseok. "Can I?" Asked Jisung. "Sure," said Hoseok. Everyone got into the truck and Hoseok started it, backing out of the parking spot and driving off, continuing to head towards New York City.