Chapter 7

A Hunter's Struggle

When Hoseok and the others got back to let Minhyuk and them know that they were heading out to the mall Minhyuk ended up being dragged along with Minghao and DK. Ryeowook and Mingyu stayed behind to clean up the pack house a little, in case they were having more visitors.

Hyunjin stayed back with Hoseok and Minhyuk as Minghao and DK dragged Jisung, Minho and Jeongin around the mall, taking them into clothing stores they were sure they would love. "Minho's not gonna last too long in there," Hyunjin said with a snort. "Oh trust me," said Minhyuk. "You're lucky you don't need clothes but if they put their mind to something they won't stop until you have tried out everything they pick out for you," he said.

"Plus, you think this is bad you should go shopping with Jimin then," said Hoseok. "He spends up to 3 hours in a store if he thinks it'll work out for you," he said. "Do you get missions when helping out a team?" Hyunjin asked Hoseok. "No," said Hoseok. "But that's alright," he said. "I share my bank account with Doyoung," he said. "We don't usually spend much on anything except gas," he said. "Due to your line of work," said Hyunjin. "You're on the road a lot," he said. Hoseok nodded.

"Plus, if we need to wash our clothes we have the safe houses scattered across the US," he said. "Every utility bill for every safe house is being paid for by Kris, the owners just have to make sure they paid for the house in full," he said.

"Italy's a big paycheck," said Minhyuk. "Joshua's been on a few Italy runs and he says they usually pay him up to 100k dollars," he said. "Hence the limited number of teams," said Hoseok. "Taeyong went to see Sungjin and his pack go through Italy as a rite of passage," he said. "Kyuhyun was there as back up while Taeyong's team went in with Sungjin and his pack," he said. "If there's any rookies going in for this then they really limit the number of teams," he said.

"Do you think my pack will get to go one day?" Asked Hyunjin. "Let's see how you do on a real hunt first," said Hoseok. "If I think you're ready to become vampire hunters through this trial then yes," he said. "Don't be too hasty," he said. "Listen to what I have to say, and please for the love of god don't screw up," he said. "Screw up once, freeze up once, do anything that makes the mission more difficult, even something minor could kill you," he said.

"Are missions usually that bad?" Asked Minhyuk. "Sometimes," said Hoseok. "Doyoung talked a lot about his earlier missions with his team," he said. "He said that during a particularly bad mission with a team of rookies the rookies weren't being careful and they all got captured," he said. "Doyoung was given a choice," he said. "Have the rookies all killed or they go after his team," he said.

"What did he choose?" Asked Minhyuk. "He let the rookies try to fight their way out," said Hyunjin as he tilted his head to the side. Hoseok nodded. "They didn't make it did they?" Asked Hyunjin. "No," said Hoseok. "N, Hongbin, and Hyuk were 2nd year hunters at the time this happened," he said. "And Doyoung was not going to let his team die, rookies be damned," he said. "They had to learn that as a rookie team," he said.

"Will you do that to us?" Asked Hyunjin. "No," said Hoseok. "Ya'll are my first team," he said. "Doyoung knows the deal they sent him, but he's been hunting for longer," he said. "If someone dies on his side, it's their problem," he said. "Teams are no bigger than 2, and to have a group of 5 is a bit of a stretch," he said. "Even Sungjin's team hunts in groups of 2 when they get sent missions," said Minhyuk. "We all do actually," said Hoseok. "Three on rare occasions," he said.

"How are you going to do it with us then?" Asked Hyunjin. "Easy, split you into teams of two," said Hoseok. "Then we work out what to do there," he said.

Minho came out with Jisung after about an hour and they had to wait on Minghao and DK to come out with Jeongin as they sat down on some benches. "You're real quiet Hyunjin," said Jisung. "I just learned some interesting information," said Hyunjin. "I'll tell everyone else about it once we're on the road," said Hoseok.

Jeongin, Minghao and DK came out of the store after another half an hour had passed. "Did you get more clothes?" Asked Minhyuk as he spotted bags. "Hats," said Minghao. "Wanted some hats for the game tomorrow," he said. "Who's playing?" Asked Hoseok. "The Red Sox vs the New York Yankees," said Minghao. "I'm betting on the Red Sox again," he said. "I'm more a Yankees fan," said DK. "If I win you owe me a date!" Said Minghao. DK chuckled. "Fine," he said.

Minhyuk shook his head. "I sometimes wonder how and why you two are mates," he said. "We never question you and Joshua-hyung about your status as mates," said Minghao. "You still have your pure blood mate to find," said Hoseok. "Yes, but when that time comes we'll make it work somehow," he said. "It'd be easier that way," said Hoseok.

"Who wants lunch?" Asked Minhyuk as he changed the subject. "Sure," said Hyunjin. "I wouldn't mind," said Jisung. "Let's go get lunch then," said Minho. Hoseok nodded and led the way to the food court. Everyone got their food and went to sit down, Jisung and Jeongin devouring it while Hyunjin and Minho chatted with Minhyuk and Hoseok. Minghao and DK talked with Jeongin while they ate, placing bets on who would win tomorrow.

After lunch they decided to walk around some more, Minghao and DK making Hyunjin go with them this time around.

After a few hours everyone went home, bringing dinner home for Ryeowook, Joshua and Mingyu. "Thanks for dinner," said Joshua. "Yep," said Hoseok. Everyone went to sit down and watch a movie.