Chapter 4

A Hunter's Struggle

Jungkook, Changkhyun and Kihyun returned from their missions a couple days later with Jimin tackling Kihyun as soon as they walked through the door. "Hey hyung!" Jimin shouted. Kihyun chuckled. "Jimin," he said. "Hobi-hyung's here!" Said Jimin as he spotted Jungkook before getting up and helping Kihyun stand. "I heard," said Jungkook as he spotted Hoseok walking over.

"Hey hyung," said Hoseok as he smiled. "Yo," said Jungkook. "Hello Changkhyun," said Hoseok. "Hey," said Changkhyun. "Heard your team was here," he said. "Yeah, they went exploring a little bit earlier, should be back soon though," said Hoseok. "Hm," said Jungkook before he headed inside. The others follow after him.

"Welcome back," said Yoongi. "Ah, Yoongi! Wasn't aware of you being here," said Jungkook. "Swung by on the way home," said Daehyun as he shrugs. "Was gonna head out after Hobi did with his team," he said. "You don't mind if I take Jin's truck?" Asked Hoseok. "Nah, it's been sitting there for a while now, might as well get some use out of it," said Jungkook. "Just clean it and make sure it runs before you go," he said. Hoseok nodded and went outside to check on the truck.

"Need some help?" Asked Jisung as he walked over. "The truck is relatively clean, I'm just checking the engine," said Hoseok as he opened the hood to see if there was anything needed to be done. He checked the oil and made sure to change it before asking Jisung to see if the truck would start.

"Yeah!" Said Hoseok as the truck came to life. "How's the fuel?" He asked as he put down the hood. "Half," said Jisung as he got out of the truck. Hoseok went to check before nodding and climbing in to turn off the truck. He got out and closed the door, patting the truck.

"Is this enough room for everyone?" Hoseok asked Jisung. "It's a full cab truck so I would say yes," said Jisung. "What's the story behind this truck anyway?" He asked. Hoseok looked sad for a second before shaking his head. "I'll tell you about it before we go," he said. "Well, I might as well tell you now, call the others over here," he said. Jisung nodded, dropping his illusion and letting out a howl.

Jungkook ran outside to see what was up, blinking at Jisung. "Oh, calling your pack?" He asked. Jisung turned to Jungkook, putting up his human illusion, showing that he was scratching the back of his head in embarrassment. "Yeah," said Jisung. "Sorry if I scared you there," he said. "Is the truck working still?" Jungkook asked Hoseok. "Yep," said Hoseok. "Changed the oil and everything," he said. "Ah, that's good," said Jungkook.

"He was asking about the history of the truck," Hoseok said slowly in Korean, testing out what he had learned from Cory. "Oh," said Jungkook. "That's why then," he said. Jisung tilted his head to the side. "Nothing nothing," said Jungkook as he smiled slightly. "You gonna be back in time for December 4th?" He asked Hoseok. "I don't know," said Hoseok. "Probably not, we'll stop by a beach though," he said.

They turn when Hyunjin and the others walk over, with Hyunjin tilting his head at Jisung. "What's up?" He asked Jisung. "We're ready to go, but Hoseok wants to show us something apparently," said Jisung. "If you don't mind," said Hoseok. "Jisung was asking about the truck so," he said, shrugging. "No, go ahead," said Hyunjin. "I'd like to know about this truck too since we'll be spending most of our time in it," he said. "When we're on the road anyway," he said.

"Well," said Hoseok as he opened the truck door and put his phone on the driver's seat. "If you don't mind me changing right here I'll lead you there," he said. "No need to bring flowers," said Jungkook. "Jimin said he already brought the weekly flowers there," he said. "Alright," said Hoseok. Hyunjin and the others respectively turn away as Hoseok stripped down, tossing his clothes and shoes to the side before stepping away from the truck and changing to wolf form, shaking out his russet brown colored fur. "He's ready," said Jungkook before going back to the house.

Hoseok grabbed his clothes, leaving his shoes by the truck before watching as the others dropped their human illusions. He wagged his tail at them before running off, heading towards the lake. He didn't go full speed because they weren't as fast as he was. The others followed after him, with Jeongin lagging behind a little because of his smaller form.

Once there Hoseok dropped his clothes and changed back, putting them on and turning to the others. "Oh!" Said Hyunjin as he put up his human illusion. "We came across this place earlier," he said. "I figured you would," said Hoseok. "But that's not the reason why we're here," he said before walking over to the small graveyard just off to the side of the lake.

"Oh," said Hyunjin. "Is the owner of the truck here?" He asked. Hoseok nodded. "He was my pack alpha before he merged the pack with my current pack alpha," he said. "We've kept the truck in his honor but we never really had a use for it," he said. "Doyoung and I have the jeep, Jungkook has the other jeep with Changkhyun, and Kihyun has his jeep with Cory and Jimin," he said. "Youngjae, Jooheon and Kisu are saving up for their own car," he said.

"So what happened?" Asked Hyunjin. "Well," said Hoseok. "Jin, the owner, died once, came back and I had to kill him," he said, sighing. "It wasn't even just that either," he said. "Have you heard about the big hunter scandal?" He asked. "Oh, yeah with the werewolf who got his wolf extracted," said Jisung. "That was the talk of the pack for a long time," he said.

"Well, it happened to my brother Yoongi, and thanks to a friend who is now human Yoongi's alive," said Hoseok. "That extraction brought back Jin but I had to kill him again," he said. "So we've keep the truck in his memory," he said. "Sentimental value," said Minho. "Understandable," he said.

After a few minutes they headed back to the truck, Hoseok going to put his shoes on. "I'm going to grab my bag and say goodbye," he said, turning to Hyunjin. "If you want to say goodbye too go ahead," he said before going into the house. Hyunjin and the others hung around the truck waiting on Hoseok.

Yoongi came out with Daehyun. "Well, good luck to you guys as hunters then," said Yoongi. "I'm pretty sure you're headed to Boston first to finalize your papers," he said. "Yep," said Hyunjin. "Good luck then," said Yoongi as Hoseok walked over with his bags.

"Who wants shotgun first then?" Asked Hoseok. "I will, I guess," said Jeongin. "If you don't mind," he said, turning to Hyunjin. "No, go ahead," said Hyunjin. "I'm getting window though," he said. "Same with me," said Jisung. "Damn it," said Minho. Everyone got in the truck, with Hoseok starting it. "See you around," Hoseok called to Yoongi who waved. He then drove off, heading east.