Chapter 17

A Hunter's Struggle

Hoseok spent the day with Doyoung while keeping an eye on the kids. "Well, I see how Joshua feels now," said Doyoung as he chuckled some. "Well at least they're having fun," said Hoseok. "Now we need to make the decision," he said. "If they don't become an official pack, they're damn good vampire hunters," he said. "Don't ruin it for them," said Doyoung. "Let them have fun first," he said. "Of course," said Hoseok.

They spent the day following the kids around Disneyland, making sure they didn't get into trouble. Jisung was more relaxed when near Chan, which Hoseok was happy for. Ever since learning of Jisung's past he was determined to make sure that Jisung was okay.

After the day was over it was time for the long trip back to Boston. Doyoung rounded up Chan and the others while Hyunjin gave them all hugs in goodbye before going over to Hoseok with the rest of his half of the pack. "We'll hang around for a couple days," said Doyoung. "I want to have some catching up with Jonghyun and the others, you'll see us home before Christmas," he said. "If you guys don't mind," he said, turning to Chan and the others. "Nah, I don't mind," said Chan. The others agreed.

"Hyung," whined Jisung as he pouted. Chan chuckled some. "Enjoy the ride to Boston, they're expecting you anyway, not us," he said. "He has a point," said Hoseok. "I have you guys, being the alpha, his betas and an older member," he said. "Everything rests on you now Hobi," said Doyoung. "Make the right decision," he said. "Yeah yeah," said Hoseok. Hoseok and his half of the pack headed back to the truck, ready to go home.

"Man, I'm homesick," Hoseok said, sighing. "Aren't we all?" Asked Hyunjin as they reached the truck. "I'm getting shotgun!" Said Jisung. "Window!" Said Hyunjin and Jeongin. Minho sighed and nodded. Hoseok chuckled as he got in the driver's seat, grabbing his phone off the dashboard dock and checking it for any new messages.

"How long until we reach Boston from here?" Asked Jisung. "We'll stop in Charleston for an hour to pay off my tab and refuel, then it's a straight drive to Boston from there," said Hoseok. "We're looking at about a day's drive," he said. "Will you make it?" Asked Hyunjin. "Do any of you know how to drive?" Asked Hoseok. "Me," said Minho. "Of course you would," Hoseok said, chuckling some. "I'll be fine," he said. "If I need to stop somewhere for coffee or something I will," he said.

"Hyung," said Jeongin. "Don't you need to stop in New York City first?" He asked. "Nah," said Hoseok. "Return trip means going home," he said. "So when I'm going home I'll stop by," he said, starting the truck and backing out of the parking spot. He drove off, heading towards Charleston.

"It's been fun," said Hyunjin. "I really enjoyed our time together," he said. Hoseok chuckled. "Well, if you don't become official hit me up," he said. "I don't mind having ya'll as my first team, but it is up to you if you want to be in my first team," he said. "As long as Chan comes along," said Jisung.

"I don't know if Doyoung wants to accept another team," said Hoseok. "And, I don't know if I can accept everyone in your pack," he said. "However, I can accept you, and if the rest of your pack chooses to become vampire hunters then well, you just did what Sungjin did," he said. "And you get to keep your pack together," he said.

"How hard is it to join a faction?" Asked Hyunjin. "If you don't know anyone in said faction? Impossible," said Hoseok. "Unless you get invited to a faction like Hongseob did when Joshua made his faction," he said. "However you might have a chance with Sungjin's faction, or Joshua's," he said. "Chanyeol's not accepting anymore members since his has gotten pretty large," he said. "Same with Moonbin's and Kyuhyun's," he said.

"I think it'd be good for you, to join Sungjin's I mean," he said. "You already know him, and he's always accepting new members, being new and all," he said. "I think that would be a good idea," said Hyunjin.

"Well, get some sleep for now, it's a long drive from here on out," said Hoseok as they reached the interstate. "I'll stay up with you," said Jisung. Hoseok hummed in response as he concentrated on driving. He made sure to text Minho that they'd be there by midnight to pay off the tab before going back to driving.

After a few hours they finally reached Charleston, and instead of waking everyone up Hoseok went to pay the tab before coming back, seeing Jisung awake. "Thought you were sleeping," he said. "Nah, couldn't sleep," said Jisung. "You alright?" Asked Hoseok. "I'll be alright," said Jisung. "You sure?" Asked Hoseok. Jisung nodded. "Didn't you say you had a solution to the nightmares?" He asked. "Ah, right," said Hoseok.

"Okay, relax, close your eyes and think of a meadow," he said. He glanced at Jisung to make sure he had complied, looking in the rear view mirror to see that the others were still sleeping. "Now in that meadow imagine yourself in wolf form, everyone else right by your side," he said.

"Once you see everyone just start running," he said. "Don't worry about everything else, just run through the meadow and let your fears fade behind you," he said. "Let the nightmares fade behind you as you run with your pack, have fun and don't worry about a thing," he said. He heard Jisung hum in response and it became silent for the next few hours.

After stopping for gas Hoseok got out to refuel the truck, getting some coffee and snacks for the rest of the trip. Jeongin had gotten out of the truck to go use the bathroom, coming back to the truck and leaning against it. "It's nice to see Jisung-hyung so relaxed," he said. "Mm," said Hoseok as he kept an eye on the gas meter. "I figured I'd help him, at least while we're still together as a team," he said.

"Are you two comfortable on the floor?" He asked. "Yeah," said Jeongin. "Well, I am, not sure about Minho-hyung," he said. "I'm fine," came Minho's voice as he got out to stretch his legs. "Where are we anyway?" He asked. "In ia," said Hoseok. "Still got a long ways to go," he said as he got done refueling the truck. He closed the lid to the gas tank and closed the door.

"Ready to go?" He asked, turning to Jeongin and Minho. They both nod and get in the truck, with Hoseok getting in the driver's seat. After checking his phone and drinking some coffee, Hoseok started the truck and drove off, continuing towards Boston.