Chapter 13

A Hunter's Struggle

The next day Hoseok did the laundry, going to wash the truck. "Want help?" Asked Jeongin as he came outside. "I dunno, are you gonna try to force yourself on me again?" Hoseok said, chuckling slightly. "Nah," Jeongin said with a shake of his head. "Yeah, scrub down the truck bed," Hoseok said, tossing a sponge at Jeongin. Jeongin caught the sponge and hopped into the truck bed, going to scrub it down after taking down his illusion only to put it up with him being shirtless and in a pair of swim trunks.

"I am still envious that you can do that," said Hoseok as he scrubbed down the front of the truck. Jeongin laughs. "I'm nothing special like you, at least you don't age," he said. "There are downsides to that," Hoseok said, shrugging. "I guess," said Jeongin.

"You said you had your pure blood mate to find still, is Doyoung a turned werewolf then?" He asked. Hoseok nodded. "He and I are roughly around the same age," he said. "Well, according to when I stopped aging anyway," he said. "Otherwise I'm older," he said. "Hm," said Jeongin.

"What about you?" Asked Hoseok. "Why aren't you alpha of a wolf pack?" He asked. "Everyone keeps asking me that," said Jeongin as he sighed. "But I'm still young," he said. "I may show that I have what it takes to be an alpha but I have no desire to be one," he said. "I will never be an alpha at this point," he said. Hoseok hummed in response as he sprayed down the front of the truck with a hose.

"So, do you know what's coming?" Asked Jeongin as he finished scrubbing down the truck bed and hopped down. "Kind of," said Hoseok. "But I'm not allowed to tell you what it is," he said. "I got the mission info from Doyoung," he said, shrugging. "Not even a little hint?" Asked Jeongin. Hoseok chuckled some and shook his head, spraying Jeongin with the hose. "Yah!" Yelled Jeongin as he laughs. He moved away from the spray of the water as Hoseok went to spray down the truck bed.

"You guys sound like you're having fun," called Jisung as he walked over. "We were having a nice talk," said Hoseok as he directed the spray at Jisung. "Yah!" Yelled Jisung as he moved out of the way, laughing. "While you're here scrub down the wheels," said Hoseok as he tossed a sponge at Jisung before going back to washing the truck bed. Jisung rolled his eyes but complied, taking down his illusion to put up one where he was wearing swim trunks and scrubbing down the wheels while Jeongin scrubbed down the sides of the truck.

"What shopping needs to be done?" Asked Jisung as Hoseok climbed into the truck bed to wipe down the truck. "Hyunjin and Minho got it," said Hoseok. "Just a few necessities that was needed for us," he said. "Us or you?" Asked Jisung. "Us as a team," said Jeongin. "I'm guessing," he added. Hoseok nodded. "You're regular wolves," he said. "It will take a bit for you to kill a vampire," he said. "Hm," said Jisung.

"Don't take it the wrong way," said Hoseok as he stood up, stretching. "Human hunters are the same way, it's better to be prepared than to risk anything going wrong," he said. Jisung grabbed the hose and washed off the tires, spraying Hoseok then Jeongin in the process, causing them to cover their faces, laughing.

"Thanks for helping," said Hoseok as he wiped down the truck with a towel. "No problem," said Jeongin. Jisung nodded in agreement. "What is there to do now?" He asked. "Get washed up," said Hoseok as he put the hose up. "We'll meet the others in town," he said. "Okay," said Jisung and Jeongin. They headed inside to go get washed up. Hoseok patted the truck before heading inside to shower and change clothes.

"Don't get the carpet wet!" Yelled Jun as he was in the kitchen. "Don't worry," called Hoseok as he went into the bathroom.

After getting dressed Hoseok went into the laundry room to check on the clothes in the dryer, going to fold his clothes and throw them into the duffle bag before throwing his clothes he was wearing earlier into the washer to wash those.

After Jisung and Jeongin were done showering they met Hoseok in the livingroom. "Ready?" Asked Hoseok. "Yeah," said Jisung. Jeongin nodded. "Let's go then," said Hoseok as he left the house, walking into town. Jisung and Jeongin followed after him.

"Why did we walk into town?" Asked Jeongin. "The shop that they went to is in walking distance," Hoseok said with a shrug. "The shop is run by a good hunter friend of mine," he said. "Well, he's one of Doyoung's colleagues but I've gotten to know him," he said.

"What's his name?" Asked Jeongin. "Minho," said Hoseok. "Believe it or not, he's the leader of the first team Doyoung took in that failed his initiation test," he said. "They redeemed themselves the second time around," he said, chuckling some.

"Who all is on his team?" Asked Jisung. "Him, Taemin, Jonghyun, Key, and a person who goes by the nickname Onew," said Hoseok. "Minho is the only one who is here in Charleston though, the others are in Florida since he owns the safe house," he said.

They reached the store and Hoseok opened the door, letting the others go in before Hoseok went in after them. "Minho!" He called. "Yes?" Called Minho as he came out from the backroom. Hyunjin and the other Minho turned, waving. "Got what they needed?" Asked Hoseok. "Yep," said Minho. "I never thought I'd run into someone with the same name as me though," he said, chuckling some. The Minho beside Hyunjin scratched the back of his head. "It's a bit awkward," he said, shrugging. "Get what you need from here, I need to talk with him for a bit," said Hoseok. The others nod and Hoseok went into the back room with Minho following after him.

"Everything all set for them?" Asked Hoseok. "Yep," said Minho. "Just get ready for it, when you get there just let Taemin know, he'll tell you when it's time," he said. "Nothing bad should happen," he said. "I'd hope so, these guys aren't werewolves," said Hoseok. "I know," said Minho. "I freaked when I saw 2 wolves walk into my store," he said. Hoseok chuckled. "Put it on my tab, I'll come back and pay on the return trip," he said. Minho nodded. "Good luck," he said. Hoseok nodded and left, going to see what Hyunjin and the others were getting.

"Ready?" He asked. "Yeah," said Hyunjin. "We aren't getting much," he said, shrugging. "I trust our ability to be quick," he said. "Alright, let's go then," said Hoseok, leaving the store with the others following after him.

After putting his other clothes through the dryer when they got back to the pack house Hoseok went to pack up the truck, putting his bag under the back seat. "Good luck then," said Jun as he came outside. "Yeah," said Hoseok as he sighed. "Don't let the pressure get to you," said Jun. "This isn't a real mission but you need to treat it like one," he said. "I know," said Hoseok as he closed the back door and turned to Jun. "I'm just nervous, this is my first team," he said. "You'll do fine," said Jun as he put his hand on Hoseok's shoulder. Hoseok nodded. "I'll go get the kids," said Jun before he headed back inside. Hoseok was left to ponder things for a few more minutes as he waited on Hyunjin and the others.

Hyunjin and the others came outside, ready to go. "Who wants shotgun?" Asked Hoseok. "Me," said Jeongin. "I call window," said Jisung and Minho. Hyunjin sighed. "Fine then," he said. Hoseok chuckled and got in the driver's seat. The others got in the truck and Hoseok started it, honking the horn and waving when Jun, Hoshi and Chan came to the window and waved. Hoseok waved back and backed the truck out of the driveway and drove away, continuing towards their destination.