Chapter 11

A Hunter's Struggle

They made it to Charleston by about 6 am, Hoseok pulling up to the pack house. "We're here," called Hoseok, waking everyone up. He honked the horn and Hoshi came to the door, opening it and waving. Hoseok got out and once everyone was out of the truck Hoseok went to grab his bag of clothes.

They headed into the house. "Everyone's asleep but the rooms at the end of the hall are free," said Hoshi. "I'm sure you want to sleep right now Hoseok," he said. Hoseok chuckled some. "Yeah," he said. Hoshi went into his room and Hoseok went to choose a room. "There's enough rooms for everyone to choose a room," he said. He chose his room and went into it, closing the door. The others quickly went to choose their rooms and went to sleep.

A few hours later Hoseok woke to people being loud, groaning as he turned over, burying his face in his pillow. "I forget how loud the kids are," he grumbled as he sat up. He grabbed his phone and checked it for any messages.

He got up and left the room, going into the livingroom. "Afternoon sleepy head," said Jun. "Mm," said Hoseok. "Who the hell was being loud?" He asked. "Your team, but they went into the backyard after we yelled at them to be quiet," said Jun. "I think they were arguing over something," he said. Hoseok sighed. "I better go stop it before they murder each other," he said before going outside.

"If you're going to kick me out then do it already!" Said Jeongin. "Why keep me around when I'm obviously being a burden to everyone," he said. "You agreed to this remember?" Asked Hyunjin. "All of us did," he said. "I even asked if there was anyone backing out of this," he said.

"You guys woke me up you know?" Asked Hoseok as he walked over. "What's up with the kid now?" He asked as he turned to Jeongin. "He's wanting to back out now," said Hyunjin. Hoseok snorts. "Coward," he said. "Before the first mission too? Wow, just wow," he said. "We haven't even gotten to Florida yet and you're backing out," he said.

"You got assigned one mission yes?" He asked as he turned to Hyunjin. Hyunjin nodded. "We got assigned one for each group," he said. "A pack needs to work together so they specifically asked for one for both groups," he said.

"You know," said Hoseok. "Doyoung has an initiation mission that he has all his groups go through before deeming them ready," he said. "Only two groups have made it," he said. "His own, and Moonbin's pack," he said. "Look where both got to," he said. "Back out now, means your entire pack gets disbanded because someone suddenly realized they weren't ready," he said. "Kick him out and you save your pack," he said. "What are you going to do Hyunjin?" He asked, turning to Hyunjin.

"Why is he the one making the decision here?" Asked Jeongin. "A true alpha is only tested when a situation like this is brought to him or her," said Jun as he came outside. "I made the alpha decision to leave Sungcheol's pack, and my team went with me," he said. "DK and Minghao chose to stay with Joshua and I let them," he said. "Sometimes, a decision to kick one member out is better than the alternative," he said.

"I don't know about you," said Minho as he crossed his arms. "But I'm all for kicking him out of the pack to fend for himself," he said. "Let him go back to his family with his tail between his legs," he said.

"Jeongin is staying," Hyunjin said after a few minutes. "A pack needs to stick together, no matter what," he said. "We support everyone, young and old," he said. "That doesn't mean his actions won't go unpunished, but our pack is 9, we stay as 9, no more no less," he said.

"Congrats," said Hoseok as he grinned. "You have passed the alpha test," he said. "What?" Asked Hyunjin as he looked surprised. Minho, Jisung and Jeongin broke into grins, dropping the serious charade. "This was a test, to see if you truly wanted to keep us together or not," said Jeongin. "Everyone was in on it, even Doyoung and the others in our pack," he said.

"When did this happen?" Asked Hyunjin. "When we were driving to Boston," said Jisung. "Jeongin came up with the idea and we formed it, letting the others know the situation and how we were testing you," he said. "So the whole Jeongin forcing himself on you?" Asked Hyunjin as he turned to Hoseok. "Well, I let him sleep next to me because he was in need of company," said Hoseok as he shrugged. "But the whole forcing himself on me thing? Yeah that was part of the plan," he said, snickering.

"You honestly think I'd go and force myself onto an adult?" Jeongin asked with a chuckle. "Had me fooled honestly," said Hyunjin as he scratched the back of his head. "I'm sorry for doing that," he said. "No problem," said Jeongin. "I guess as a beta you had to test me some how," said Hyunjin. "I give you your position as one of my betas back," he said. Jeongin nodded. "Good," said Minho. "Even though I'm the oldest in this lineup, Jeongin is better with these situations," he said.

"Well, now that that's out of the way," said Jun. "Lets eat some lunch and we'll discuss some stories of some of our fun missions," he said before heading inside. The others followed after him.

Chan grinned when he saw them. "I see he passed," he said. "I had to test him as an alpha somehow," said Hoseok as he chuckled. "What would've happened if I didn't pass?" Asked Hyunjin. "Well," said Hoseok as he turned to Hyunjin. "You would've failed, and I would've taken you home," he said. "Of course, there's still the initiation phase, but now I'm sure you'll pass it," he said. Hyunjin nodded.