Chapter 10

A Hunter's Struggle

They reached New York City after a few hours, pulling up to the apartment building. "Let's go," said Hoseok as he got out of the truck. The others followed suit and Hoseok headed up to Yoongi and Daehyun's apartment with the others following after him.

"Ah! Welcome, come on in," said Daehyun as he opened the door. He let them in before closing the door. "Yoongi's in the shower, I'll let Yongguk know you're here," he said. Hoseok nodded. They headed into the livingroom to relax a bit, with Daehyun going to text Yongguk.

"Hope the drive here wasn't too bad," said Daehyun as he walked back into the livingroom. "No, there's always traffic though," said Hoseok. "Expected in a place like New York City," said Daehyun as he chuckled some.

Yoongi came out of the bathroom dressed in a t-shirt and a pair of sweatpants a few minutes later. "Ah, you're here!" Said Yoongi. "Hey hyung," said Hoseok. "I was planning on coming over on the return trip but then you had to mention that Yongguk was expecting me," he said. "Sorry," said Yoongi as he chuckled. "Sure sure," grumbled Hoseok as he shook his head.

"So, this is the idiot who thought it was a good idea to force himself on my brother," said Yoongi as he turned to Jeongin. Jeongin flinched back as he looked down. "You're so lucky Hobi believes in second chances," said Yoongi. "Very," said Daehyun as he shook his head.

"In the werewolf world we take the mate thing seriously," said Yoongi. "Do anything to hurt them, make them uncomfortable or try to force yourself on them? Yeah you're going to get yelled at really quickly," said Yoongi.

There was a knock on the door and Yongguk entered, nodding to Daehyun and Yoongi before turning to Hoseok. "Ah, Hoseok I presume?" He asked. "Yes," said Hoseok. "It's nice to finally meet you," he said. "Likewise," said Yongguk. "I've heard of your excursions with Doyoung, you're quickly becoming one of the best in the world," he said. Hoseok scratched the back of his head. "I'm not as well known, but yes," he said. "You are getting there though, that's something most can't accomplish," said Yongguk. "I guess," said Hoseok.

"You must be the rookie team everyone keeps talking about," said Yongguk as he turned to Hyunjin and the others. "Name's Hyunjin," said Hyunjin as he bowed. "We're neighbors it seems," he said. "Ah, you're the new pack that moved into Buffalo I assume?" Asked Yongguk. "Yes," said Hyunjin. "This is Jisung and Minho, my betas and our youngest Jeongin," he said. "Nice to meet you," said Jisung and Minho as they bowed. Jeongin said nothing but bowed.

"Well, how long are you staying around for?" Asked Yoongi. "Not too much longer, we need to head south to hopefully be at the Charleston safe house by 3 or 4 am," said Hoseok. "You must get going then," said Yongguk. "We'll have a longer talk later," he said. "On the return trip," said Hoseok. "Or earlier, if things go wrong," he said. Yongguk nodded.

"We must get going then," said Hoseok as he stood. "We'll be back on the return trip," he said. Yoongi went over and hugged Hoseok. "Good luck," he said. Hoseok paused before hugging Yoongi back. "Yeah, thanks," he said, moving away.

"Let's go then," he said, turning to Hyunjin and the others. They nod and they head down to the truck with Yoongi following after them.

"Ah, this truck brings back memories," said Yoongi as he shook his head. "I'm surprised to see it on the road again actually," he said. "Well, I wouldn't have a car to use because we went separately," said Hoseok. "It was nice of Jungkook to let you use the truck then," said Yoongi. "Mm," said Hoseok.

"Who's riding shotgun?" He asked. "Me," said Jisung. Jeongin was going to protest but he got a glare from Hyunjin so he looked down. Hoseok nodded and got in the truck. Jisung got in the passenger seat and Hyunjin and Minho took the window seat with Jeongin in the middle again.

"Have fun," called Yoongi. Hoseok waved before he started the truck and drove off, continuing to head south. "Get some sleep, I'll wake you when we stop somewhere," he said. The others nod before getting comfortable and going to sleep.

Hoseok got a call while driving in West ia so he picked up, putting the phone on speaker. "What's up?" He asked. "Hey, Joshua said you'd be stopping by before heading to your missions," came Jun's voice. "Yeah," said Hoseok. "Anyone home currently?" He asked. "Everyone is," said Jun. "A rare sight, especially in our line of work," said Hoseok. "Well, Hoshi is the only person in our group that is a vampire hunter and works for Kris," said Jun. "True," said Hoseok. "It's just you, Chan and Hoshi right?" He asked. "Yep," said Jun. "We'll see you in a few hours then," said Hoseok. "See you," said Jun before he hung up.

"Who was that?" Asked Jisung as he yawned. "Jun," said Hoseok. "He's living in Charleston with his mate Chan and a packmate named Hoshi," he said. "Do they work for Kris too?" Asked Jisung. "Hoshi does," said Hoseok. "That's why they've been able to permanently stay at the Charleston safe house," he said.

"Can we stop to use the bathroom?" Came Hyunjin's voice. "Sure, I need to stop for gas," said Hoseok as he looked for an exit to pull into. He pulled into an exit after a few minutes and pulled into a gas station. Hoseok got out to go pay for gas and refuel while Jisung stayed by the truck. Hyunjin, Minho and Jeongin went to the bathroom, coming back and letting Jisung go to the bathroom.

"How much longer do you think?" Asked Hyunjin. "Still a long ways to go, we got the mountains to go through before we hit North Carolina," said Hoseok. "So it's still a few hours," he said. "With that traffic getting out of New York, we're a little behind though it's not by too much," he said.

"There is no fixed schedule for vampire hunting missions but the quicker you get them done the more vacation time you have before your next missions," he said. "However, abroad missions take so long that you can manage to get at least a week of rest before they call you out again," he said. "Really?" Asked Minho. Hoseok nodded. "Doyoung and his team go abroad a lot, same with Taeyong and his team," he said. "I only started to recently go abroad, more for the paycheck," he said. "I get homesick really easily so," he said, shrugging.

Jisung came back just before the truck was done fueling, ready to go. "Well," said Hoseok as he got done fueling the truck and closing the lid. "Let's go," he said. "Can I have shotgun?" Asked Minho. "Sure," said Jisung. Everyone got into the truck and Hoseok started the truck, driving off and continuing south towards Charleston.