Chapter 1

A Hunter's Struggle

Doyoung looked up at the sky, leaning back on his hands as he sat on a park bench waiting on Hoseok. They were almost home, but Hoseok wanted to stop at a rest stop to go running for a little bit. They were due to meet up with their new team soon, and Doyoung wanted to get some vacation time in before doing so.

"Sorry," said Hoseok as he walked over, ready to head home. "No problem," said Doyoung. "But we should head home," he said. "Yoongi was coming over and I wanted some vacation time before we meet up with the new team," he said.

"I get stuck with the alpha," Hoseok said, sighing. "Hey, don't treat them any different than before, they're allies after all," said Doyoung. "I have nothing against them," said Hoseok. "But this usually means we'll have separate missions again," he said. "I'll do what I usually do, and that's call you every night," said Doyoung. "Don't worry," he said. Hoseok nodded and they went to the Jeep.

"Wanna drive?" Asked Doyoung. "Sure," said Hoseok as he got in the driver's seat. "Ah, we'll have to use different cars too," he said, sighing as he drove home after Doyoung climbed in. "Don't worry about it," said Doyoung. "You can use Jin's truck," he said. "If Jungkook lets me," said Hoseok. "He will," said Doyoung. "I think he will anyway," he said.

Once home Jimin ran out to meet them, tackling Hoseok to the floor. "Welcome back hyung!" He shouted. Hoseok laughs, shaking his head. "Hey," he said. "Jimin!" Called Cory as he walked over. "Sorry!" Said Jimin as he got off Hoseok. Doyoung helped Hoseok stand. "I'm going to guess that Changkhyun is on a mission or he and Jungkook went to the lake," said Hoseok. "Mission," said Cory. "How's Kihyun?" Asked Doyoung. "Fine, he finally got in touch with his wolf again, he's no longer really disconnected from it," said Jimin. "That's good," said Hoseok.

"Welcome back you two," said Kisu as he walked over with Jooheon and Youngjae. "How long are you around for this time?" Asked Jooheon. "A few weeks hopefully, we're waiting to see when we're needed to meet up with the new teams," said Doyoung. "Oh! You got assigned a team of rookies?" Asked Jimin. "They're even younger than you," said Hoseok. "Their pack leader is 17," he said.

"Oh, they're wolves?" Asked Cory. "Yeah," said Doyoung. "You've run into them before?" He asked. "Had a few run ins, not with this particular pack but," Cory said with a shrug.

"So what's the story with this pack?" Asked Jimin once they headed inside. "It was put together by Hyunjin's parent's pack," said Doyoung. "Hyunjin the leader, and to keep the pack as a pack they needed to test them and what better way to test them than to have them become vampire hunters," he said.

"They're split into two groups, and I have the group with the pack alpha in it," said Hoseok. "Fun," said Jimin. "Wait, isn't it your first time teaching a new group?" Asked Cory. "Pretty much," said Hoseok. "I'll most likely be by myself for this too," he said. "Hm," said Jimin. "Where's Kihyun anyway?" Asked Doyoung. "He went on the mission with Changkhyun and Jungkook," said Cory. "Ah," said Doyoung.

"You guys want anything to eat?" Asked Jimin as he started a movie for everyone to watch. "No, we're good," said Hoseok. Doyoung nodded in agreement. "Who's car did they take?" He asked. "Changkhyun's Jeep," said Jimin. "Do you think they'd mind if I took Jin's truck to meet my team when that point comes?" Asked Hoseok. "Could always ask," said Jimin. "I'll text Jungkook and see," said Doyoung.

The doorbell rang and Jimin got up to go answer the door, yelling that it was Yoongi and Daehyun before tackling Yoongi. "Damn it Jimin!" Said Yoongi. "Sorry," Jimin said with a grin as he got off Yoongi before helping him stand. "Come on in!" He said, moving to let them in before closing the door behind him.

"So I heard my little brother got his own team," said Yoongi as he walked into the livingroom. "Hey hyung," said Hoseok as he smiled some. "Don't be nervous," said Daehyun. "I had to teach my brother and Hyungwon," he said, shrugging. "Though, teaching an entire team is slightly different," he said. "Who do you have?" He asked. "Your neighbors," said Hoseok. "Oh, the new wolf pack?" Asked Yoongi.

"Wasn't aware that they were vampire hunters," said Daehyun. "That's why their pack was formed in the first place apparently," said Hoseok. "And to keep the pack formed they must become successful as vampire hunters and as a pack," he said.

"The pack is being split into two and given to us and we get to test how they are as separate teams," said Doyoung. "I get the older members and one of the younger members and Hobi's got the pack alpha and his betas and one of the older members," he said. "A bit odd that they'd give you a rookie team," said Yoongi. "I think it was more on Doyoung's part but he has his own team to worry about," said Hoseok. "So we split the pack in half and gave everyone the choice to go with me or Doyoung," he said.

"When are you going to go meet them anyway?" Asked Daehyun. "After a couple weeks of vacation, we came back from a long trip in Africa," said Doyoung. "I think we need the rest, they know we do," he said. "Understandable, abroad missions take up to a few years at the most," said Yoongi.

"Have you gotten your first international mission yet?" Asked Hoseok. "Not yet, though we may be put on the team that goes to Italy," said Yoongi. "Whoa, that's an honor there," said Doyoung. "I was sad I didn't go when Taeyong and his team went," he said. "I don't think the assault on Berlin counts as an international mission," said Daehyun. "We didn't really get to kill vampires so yeah," said Yoongi.

"Where are we sleeping tonight?" Asked Yoongi. "The livingroom, all the rooms are full right now," said Cory. "Really?" Asked Yoongi. "I have Changkhyun's room with Cory, Youngjae, Jooheon, and Kisu have their room and Doyoung and Hoseok just got back so we're letting them have our room to themselves," said Jimin.

"You need to either move next door, which is a bigger house, or we extend this one," said Yoongi as he sighed. "I keep telling Changkhyun that, he says he's fine with the way the house is," said Cory. "Something about sentimental value," he said. "Ah, with Shownu," said Jooheon. "It would make some sense," he said.