Chapter 7

Tainted Love

I am getting ready to go to college. Today I get up early and prepare for breakfast, for myself of course. I just making french toast with hot milk. While preparing the breakfast this morning, I found that Yoongi's car was still in the yard. And until now I did not hear any sound coming from his room. Did he not go to the office today? He could not have been to the office with his motorcycle because his motorcycle was also in the yard.

I told myself not to be worried of him but I just can't help myself. He is getting home drunk last night. Plus, he is all wet. What if he is not feeling well? What if he is catching a cold? If he don't like me then I hope he will not get sick in front of me because I will not just let it past. I have a really soft heart with sick people, you know. I don't care if I will be hating or what.

I look at the clock and it shows 8:30am. I still have remaining time to make a hangover soups for Yoongi since my class is at 10am. I don't mind if he eats it or not. At least I already showed that I care for him. He want to accept it or not its up to him.

I take a walk to kitchen and begin to making a hangover soup for Yoongi. It is not really hard to makes it. I used to cook hangover for Chaeyoung too before. Her parents is out from country and she is having a party in her house. And of course I am not joining her. She also sent her maids for 3 days holiday. And the next morning she called me complained that she had a headache maybe effect from drinking too much so I have to visit her there and cooks for her.  That girl is so sweet but she have a wild side inside her.

After 15 minutes making the hangover soup for Yoongi, I turn of the heat and let it for awhile while I am cleaning everything I have been using. And then I put the soup inside a thermos food pot since it will helps prevent heat loss when the thermos is holding a hot substance so it will not getting cooler.

I climbs upstairs and prepares myself to college. I finished dress up and apply a light make up so I pick up my bag and sneakers and get out from the room. As I walked towards the front door, I stopped half way. I stepped back to the kitchen and pulled out a sticky note. I wrote something on the note and attached it to the soup pot. I hope Yoongi will read it. It is impossible for him to  not get out of the room and go to the kitchen to drink or eat anything, right? I shrugs and walk out of the house and catch a taxi at the junction.

***

"Kim Jennie!" Chaeyoung shouted. I just make a poker face and looking at her.

"Slow down, Park Chaeyoung" I said with low voice to her.

Now 4pm already. Today, I and Chaeyoung have no subject in the same class. So, now I see her. Actually I met her during the lunch but it was only for a moment as she just bought the sandwich and returned to her class. How busy she is today.

"Yah, today let's go buy your handphone. You know how difficult for me to contact you without your phone. Oh ya, Taehyung have been asking me why your phone is turn off. He texted you but you didn't reply so he tried to call you instead" Chaeyoung said.

I am a bit surprised. Taehyung texting me? Calling me? Oh, now I remember that we do exchanging our phone number before since he is asking for it and I have no problem with it since I thought like he has no reason to keep texting me or calling me so why not. But now, he actually do texting and calling me. Did he have anything to say to me?

"Why he was calling and texting me? Did he tell you?" I am asking Chaeyoung just in case Taehyung has been telling her why.

"No. He didn't tell me anything. So, I just told him that you fell your phone in the fish pond so you are not been using cellphone right now" Chaeyoung said.

"So?" I asking more.

"So? Hmph, he didn't say anything. He just nodding his head, like that" Chaeyoung said while gesturing the head nodding. I just small laughed at her.

We are moving towards an electronics store at the center of city that sells a wide range of mobile phones. We look and try different types of phones there. But from the start, I just want the same type of phone as I have before. I'm more comfortable using that kind of phone.

I am choosing a same type of phone that I used to have before which is an iPhone 7 and tell it to the girl there which is a worker at the store. She then explain something and handling about the installation. We wait about 20 minutes before it is finished. I am still using the old number since there is no problem with my sim card.

"Are you sure wanna buy that phone? Don't you want to try something new? This Samsung s8 also nice okay. I have been using it for 3 months and it is quite good" Chaeyoung asking me and airing her suggestion.

"Not really. I more comfortable using iPhone. I have been using that brand for many years already"I said to her and she just nodding her head while continue looking at electronics goods there.

Settled all the things, Chaeyoung and I both going separated way already. Her driver have been picking for her and I as usual of course will catching a taxi. The taxi ride is always been so quiet. Mostly taxi driver that I have been gotten all is the quiet ones. Just sometimes I got a talkative taxi driver. Actually I am okay with both. The quiet ones and talkative ones. I just go with the flow.

Once I reached the front of the house, I entered the passcode at the entrance and opened it. Before my feet stepped on the stairs, I paused. My mind was thinking of something and I am  bringing my legs to the kitchen. I feel a bit disappointed when I saw the soup that I made this morning was still the same. So, Yoongi did not eat the soup I made for him.

I saw his car and his motorcycle in the yard before entering the house just now. So that's means he is in at the home. He didn't go to office? Did something happened to him? I stepped back to the stairs and climbed it. I then paused at the front of Yoongi's room. I intend to knock on the door and ask if he's okay inside but I cancel the intention and walk into my room.

After entering my room, I kept my things away and went into the bathroom to clean myself and get showered. Then I went out and sat in front of my makeup table and began to dry the hair and comb it also applying a little powder and lip balm.

I open my wardrobe and take out my short pants also with a t-shirt and wear it. I am getting used to wear my undergarments in the bathroom on the spot after having a baths so when I enter the bedroom, I will just have to wear my clothes.

I sat in bed while still thinking about Yoongi. I can not get rid of this worry. I was wondering why he was very quiet today. Of course he was quiet every day but today I did not hear any sound coming from him. Even the sound of his door I also did not hear. Moreover, he is not going to the office today. It adds more to my curiosity.

I can not stand it. I want to know how he is now. So I gathered all my courage and walked over to the door of his room. I think twice to knock on the door. And finally I still knocking too. But I did not get any response from him. I'm tapping again and getting the same result. I'm knocking for the third time and still the same.

Within minutes I was standing in front of his room door without getting any response. So I decided to open the door of his room. I found that the room door was not locked. So, I just come in. Did he usually did not locked his door? I don't know since this is the first time I entered his room.

The room looks very dark even though it is brightly shining outside. The wall is dark brown and it adds more dark aura in the room. The furniture inside is also mostly black and brown. Did black and brown is his favorite color though?

I turned my eyes on the bed and found Yoongi is sleeping. But why do I feel bitterness in his face? She was not calm in his sleep. I approached his bed and realized he was sweating while sleeping but the air conditioner in her room is on.

I was quickly sit beside him and put my palm on his forehead. That's right my guess. Yoongi is having a high fever. It must be an effect from the last night. I  saw the water lying beside the bed is spilled and the glass dropped. Fortunately, the glass falls on the carpet so it does not break. Ah, why my heart is so sick to see Yoongi like this. It gives pain into my heart.

I brought my hands back to Yoongi's forehead and after a second I was a little surprised when Yoongi opened his eyes. He looked at me with a emotionless look. He then slapped my hand from his forehead and tried to get up. I saw his trouble for getting up so I held his shoulder to tell him to stay in his laying position.

"Don't touch me and go away" He told me. I can feel the weakness in his voice.

"You are having a high fever, Yoongi. Let me help you" I told him with pleading eyes.

"I don't need your help. I can handle myself. I am not that weak" He said with a hard voice. I began tearing. Why am I have a very soft spot at this man?

"I know you are not weak but you have no energy right now. You need to take a medicine" I am telling him and hoping he can cooperating with me.

"I rather die than accepting your help. Move away and get out from here. I don't want to see your face" I said while shoots me a glare.

"Then, die. If you are not accepting my help, then don't get sick in front of me. I am not heartless. I can never just let it past me" I began sobbing a little and looking through his eyes. He just look at me with that emotionless eyes.

"Wait here. Don't sleep. I will be coming back" I continue and began walks to the door. I can hear Yoongi is groaning and ruffling his hairs.

I stepped into the kitchen and pulled out the ingredients to prepare the porridge from the refrigerator. After being satisfied with the ingredients, I started cooking the porridge for Yoongi. While waiting for the porridge to cook, I ran into my room and got the medicine to give him. I ran back to the kitchen and put the medicine next to warm water in the food tray.

After 20 minutes of cooking the porridge, I put it in a bowl and put it on the tray. I started walking towards Yoongi's room and opened the door of his room. I was quite surprised when Yoongi was not in his bed. I put the food tray on the table beside the bed and my eyes began to look for Yoongi.

My ear began to catch the sound of his bathroom door open and automatically my eyes followed to he sound. I saw Yoongi come out from the bathroom wearing a new clothes. He is wearing a black long pants and a white oversized t-shirt. He is just finished showered. Thanks God, he has an energy to get shower so I will not have to think about how to make sure he cleans himself.

His weak eyes shoots at me and looks away walking slowly towards his bed and sits on it. I also sits beside him and handling to him a water. Fortunately, he reach the water and drinks it. I was slightly smile and then take the water back and give him the porridge bowl. But as expect, he rejected it. He pushed the bowl slightly and just sighing looking straight in front of him.

"You have to eat even a little. So you can take the medicine later" I tried to convince him but he just stay silent. I then take the spoon and take the porridge a bit and took it to his mouth. But still, he doesn't open his mouth.

"I know you hate me. You won't eating my foods. But can't you exclude today?"Once again I tried to convince him. And yeah, still not moving.

I won't be give up. I have to make he eats and take the medicine. My brain starts to thinking all possible things I can do to make he listen to me. I know he is so annoyed by me. What if I annoyed him more? Can he surrendered?

"Hate me even more but if you cooperate with me then I can get lost faster. If you acts like this, do you think I will leave you alone? No. So make your choice" I put a little strength in my voice so he know I am being a dead serious right now.

"Now, Min Yoongi" I repeats. "Min Yoongi?" "Yoongi yaaa" "Min Yoongi yaaa" "Yaaaa" "Aishh, Yaa! Min Yoongi" I am getting annoyed right now. This jerk. Urgh.

"Alright, alright, can you shuts your mouth now?" Now that he gave me a response and snatching the porridge bowl.

I just look at him stuffing the porridge inside his mouth. One spoon, two spoon, three spoon and then without I realized he already finished a bowl of it. He pass me the bowl and I pass the water to him.

"Don't finished the water. You have to take your medicine too" Before he finished the water, I told him. He stopped gulping the water while looking at me. I take the water back and put it on the table beside the bed.

"No. I don't want to take the medicine. I will be okay" He resists it and keep his poker face.

"Cooperate, Min Yoongi. Cooperate with me" I told him while my hands is handling him the medicine

"I said no. So, no" He shoots glare at me. But oh do I care? He at his weakness now. I know he won't be able to do anything to me.

"Don't make me use violence on you" I warn him.

"And you actually dare? Try me, then. I won't let..." before he finish his words, I stuffed the medicine inside his mouth quickly and pour the water into his mouth. He was shocked with my actions and he did take the medicine already actually.

"YAAHH!" He shouted but then he coughed out.

"Slow down. I had to that so you take the medicine. Now, I feels at ease" I gifts him a smile and he just roll his eyes and laying back to his bed and pull the blanket up to his neck level and turns around with his back facing me.

I just smiling at his action. I then put all the things back in the food tray and take it out from his room. I begin walks to the kitchen and cleans all the things. When the kitchen is already clean, I climbs to the upstairs back. I open Yoongi's door a little and peeking a bit to his bed. I saw he is sleeping already with his back on the bed and his face up to ceiling.

I feels my heart is really heavy to leave him alone so I did take a book from my room and coming back to his room. I sits on the carpet beside his bed and leaning my back to the table beside his bed and reading my book.

I don't know how long I have been reading my book until I didn't realize I fell asleep inside Yoongi's room. All I can feel is someone is caressing my hairs and it does makes me feels so comfortable. I don't want to think anything and just enjoy continue my sleeps.