Chapter 3

Tainted Love

Jennie's POV

The journey to Mr & Mrs. Min which is my in-law mansion, is up to around 45 minutes. Fortunately, there's no much traffic jam. Its been a very quiet ride. And actually I am more comfortable like this. Guess what a topic I want to talk to him though. There's not much. Actually, none. Even if I talk to him, maybe he will leave me at the lonely road later or the worst, he choke me to the death. No, I don't want to take a risk. I know how much he hates me so better I just keep my mouth shut. but It has been my behavior though, since I am not someone who talks too much.

While he is driving, I am just playing with my fingers. I don't know what to do. It such uncomfortable being together on a ride with him. Since it is a very first time, so I am not getting used to.

I took out my phone from my purse and began scrolling my social networks like Facebook, twitter and Instagram. There's nothing interesting in Facebook and twitter so I stay at my Instagram. I am scrolling and saw a picture of Chaeyoung. This girl is having a party.

Chaeyoung had asked me to come to her family's party today because they are celebrating her older brother come to Korea after awhile. Her brother, Park Jiyoung, is staying at Australia for 5 years because he is handling their family's business there. Now, her brother is coming back to Korea for helping their father. 

I rejected her offer nicely saying that I have a work to do. Actually I am not getting used to coming for party or staying late whatsoever. I am more comfortable staying at home, reading books. After all, I am someone's wife though. Although, it is only on the paper, I am still having my husband's name though.

I double tap Chaeyoung's picture and comments 'Have fun' to her picture. She looks so happy and pretty in the picture. She is not meeting her brother for 2 years she told me. They only do skype-ing and that only like twice or thrice a year. Her brother is so busy. He is businessman though.

I was scrolling and double tapping photos on my timeline and I didn't notice that we have been arrived at my in-law's mansion. I just notice it when Yoongi turn off the engine. He didn't say anything, he just come out from the car and walking without waiting for me. That jerk is always a jerk. I quickly keep my phone and walks behind him.

Yoongi enter the mansion's passcode and the door automatically unlock. The maids that noticed we have arrived, greet us and the others telling my mother in-law back in the kitchen. I just followed where Yoongi go since it is so awkward for me to be honest. We walked to the kitchen and when we arrived hallway, Yoongi's mom, Mrs. Min is welcoming us with a happy voice. She is hugging Yoongi and then coming to me and hug me. She's getting prettier though.

"It been a long time, darling. I always asked Yoongi to come with you but he is always busy and he is saying that you busy with your study so I didn't bother to disturb" Mrs. Min start the talk.

Yeah, Yoongi only know to lie without know whats the truth. Busy studying his . I am on my semester break for two months okay. And today I was so busy on my first day, then, he agreed with his parents to coming over for a dinner. It not like I angry or what, but this jerk is messing with me though. But I am just smiling and this Yoongi only keeps his poker face. Jerk.

"You've getting prettier, darling. I guess men are drooling over you at your college" Oh my God, my face turns red. How can my mother in-law compliment me like that. So embarrassing. I turn a quick glare at Yoongi and seeing he is just scoffing. Jerk double two.

"Where's dad?" Yoongi asking his mom. I also didn't meet my father in-law for a quite long time. I've seen him nowhere right now.

"Oh, your dad is upstairs. He will be joining us later. He have to take a call just awhile" Mrs. Min answered and Yoongi just nod his head.

"The dinner will be ready for a minute. Have a sit and wait okay. I will be coming back" Mrs. Min tap her son's shoulder and ready to enter the kitchen again.

"I wanna follow you. Lemme give a hands" I quickly said before she is going back to the kitchen. There is no away I will sits alone together with Yoongi at the living room. It will just be so much awkwardness in the air. Plus, he will not be liking my appearance in front him though. Mrs. Min just smiling and nodding her head as she allow me to help her.

After 10 minutes, all the foods are ready at the dining table. Mr. Min sits on the head of table. Yoongi and I sits beside each other. The dinner is runs smoothly. We have a little talk to each other. Sometimes, Mr. Min will talk with Yoongi about company matters and sometimes Mrs. Min having a small talk with me. I feel so grateful that none of them is touch about our matters. Until Mr. Min begin the talk,

"Hows your married life?" I just swallowing my saliva and looking at Yoongi who looks so calm. Yeah, what can I expect from him though. I just calming myself, not wanting to look nervous in front of them include Yoongi.

"Just okay. We have no problems so far as I know. We were just okay" I answered with smiling on my face. Both my in-law look at me and Yoongi with a small smile. I know they know what I meant actually. Because they knew how their son and what's his personalities.

"We hope you guys can get closer and knowing each other more. There's nothing wrong with that. You guys is married to each other, after all. Yoongi is Jennie's husband and Jennie is Yoongi's wife. So come on, acts like the ones" Mrs. Min saying with a motherly smile on her face. I noticed a sad voice in her talking.

Well, she just want the best for us and I know it. But what can I do. This is just too much. I just nodding and small slightly. Yoongi just quiet same like just now. He is not talking much if it comes about our relationship.

The dinner have been quiet after that and we already finished eating. I helped Mrs. Min at the kitchen. Eventhough there have the maids, but Mrs. Min likes to give a hands also. She said it quite boring staying at house doing nothing. She likes to do the house chores. 

The clock shows 11pm already. I feel so tired and sleepy. Imagine today I was on my college for long hours and after that coming home prepared for dinner at in-laws. I don't have much rest today. Actually no rest to be honest. My body needs my bed. I just wanna lay in my bed and sleeping right now. My eyes feels so heavy. Argh.

I noticed Yoongi walks towards his parents and saying something. They just nodding and get up walking towards me. I automatically stand up and watching both of them. Mrs. Min hugging me and tapping my back. I just do the same and smiling. Mr. Min give me his hands and I take it and shakes. Ah, Yoongi must saying he wanna go back home then.

"It such a waste that both of you can't sleepover tonight. Yoongi said he is busy at office and your schedule also very pack right?" I just smiling and nodding. I hope she can understand.

"Its okay, mom. Next time, we will visiting you again" I said and hugging her once more.

"I take it as a promise okay? and dont forget, next month, we will be throwing party for my charity. So, you guys will be attending okay. I will get so upset if one of you can't come" Mrs. Min said while making sad face. I just chuckles at her and nodding my head.

"Alright. Enough of drama. Can we go home now?" Yoongi talks with his well-known poker face. Mrs. Min just smiling and let us go. We walk out and enter the car. Yoongi starts the engine and begin the ride. My eyes feels so heavy so I slowly closing my eyes until I arrived at my dreamland.

While I am sleeping, I forgot that I am in a car. I suddenly having a nightmare about the accident. In my dream, I flashback the accident. The accident between me and Joongi. I am so afraid. The car is shaking and Joongi... Joongi... Joongi...

"JOONGIIIII!!" I screams and suddenly opens my eyes. I am coming back from reality. That is just a nightmare.

I look at the window and notice that we have already arrived at the house. I look away beside me and Yoongi's face is totally right in front of me. His eyes is piercing deeply into mine. His eyes become dark and fill with angers. I notice his jaw is clenched. I want to say something but why my voice didn't come out? Yoongi lips forms a thin line and he open his mouth,

"I. hate. you. so. much" He said it one by one and its really scared me enough. I swallow my saliva and began to shiver. Yoongi turn off the engine and walks towards the house leaving me alone.

My eyes is tearing. I am breaking down.  I promise to myself not to crying but here I am already sobbing. Joongi yaa~