Chapter 17

Tainted Love

Once I was home, as usual, the Yoongi's car was still not in the yard. I look at my watch and found it was 6:30pm now. Yeah, Yoongi rarely go back early. Maybe today he will be back home late as always. 

Well, thats nice. The chance for us to came across to each other in this house is thin. I think we are still in an awkward situation. Or maybe it is just me who feel like that. Ah, I dont know. 

I walked straight into the room and put my bag on the study table in the corner of the room. I walked back to the bed and sat down for a while to stretch out my body muscles. I have to start exercising daily again. My body easily gets tired now. 

 After stretching out my body, I reached for the towel and walked towards the bathroom. I open the warm water and let it fill my bathtub to soak my body shortly. I need time for myself for a while. 

Before I got into the bathtub, I just remembered that I had bought bath bombs last week. I walked over to the toiletries cabinet and reached for the bath bombs with scent of lavender. I walked back to the bathtub and put the bath bomb into it. I then soak my body into the bathtub. It feels so great! 

After almost half an hour I was in the bathroom, I reached the bathrobe and wore it, then walked out of the bathroom. I went to the wardrobe and I had reached the silk pajamas with black and gold stripes. I wear it and dried up my hair in dressing table. 

*our jennie is so cute with her pajamas, right? >,<*

I went to bed and lie down on it. I reached my handphone at the table on my bedside and see if there was a message or anything. No message or anything important so I continue to browse my social networks and scrolled to find anything interesting for today.

As always, Park Chaeyoung, my photogenic friend, Not complete her day if she doesnt post any pictures on her Instagram page. And I was the victim who always have to capture for the picture. Mostly her photos on Instagram is all captured by me.  I officially became her non-paid photographer. 

Roseanne looks so pure here. Unlike the realest Park Chaeyoung.  hehe

I left a comment on her picture while smile alone. A good friend is a friend who talk bad about her friend at her/his face and not at her/his back. Note that.

I continue to scroll my social network again and again until theres nothing interesting. I think to finishing the book that I've left unread for the past days.  I flip off the phone and walked to get the book. I'm looking for the book on the bookshelf. When I found it, I walked back to the bed and open it to start the reading. 

Before I got read the book, I heard sound from my phone for incoming message. I think to ignore it but I heard the message enter again. So I reached for the phone and see who's sending me the message. I was space out for a moment when I saw Taehyung's name on the phone. I begin to open his message. 

Whats up, Kim Jennie? Are you busy?

Well, I hope youre not ignoring my message :)

I feel its not right to avoid his message but also its not right to always answered his message too. I afraid he get his hopes high.

Hi, Taehyung :) Well, not really busy but not really free too haha

Woah, so is it okay for me to disturb you for awhile or not?

I just smile. He really try hard. I look at the watch on the wall and it shows 9:00pm already. I havent heard any sound shown that Yoongi is home yet. How late he will be today. Hm. I type a reply for Taehyung.

It's okay. But I will be making dinner after this. So, I maybe will be replying late or what. Just dont say I ignored you, okay? >,<

Hahaha is it an excuse or real? Dinner at this time? 

It is real, Kim Taehyung. And yes, it is late dinner. 

Hahaha Alright alright. I always believe in you. So, Jennie, can I propose you on something?

Now I begin have a bad feeling on it. What he going to say to me this time? Taehyung also an unreadable person. I can never read him. 

Well, spill it out. What is it?

Let's have a date? 

Yes, my feelings is right. I suddenly feel guilty now. Taehyung is very kind but I just cant accept whatever intention he have to me. I am someone's wifey and you know,  I still remember how Yoongi smashed my phone on the wall when he saw my picture with Taehyung. If I accept his offer and Yoongi knows, Yoongi might kill me. 

But it is my fault too that I keep this secret from him. He also know that I rarely friends with any male students on my college so maybe thats why he put his hopes high. I just cant tell him the truth. What you should do now, Kim Jennie? hmph.

Lets see when I have a free time. You also know that nowadays everyone is busy with projects and assignments. I afraid if I promised you but then I cant make it :( 

I dont ask you for the answer now. You can think about it. You also have right to reject it. Dont worry. I dont want to make it hard for you :)

I'm sorry, Taehyung. If I can go, I will tell you when. 

No worries. Anytime! Even if I busy that time, I will clear my day for you ;)

I pursed my lips. Its breaking my heart how he tried very hard to win me over. But from the start, I just though him as a friend. A very close friend.  I dont want to lose a friend just because of this. 

I flipped off my phone and put it on the table at my bedside. I stepped out of the room and went down to the kitchen. My mouth is like wanting to chew something. Actually always like that. This mouth always wants to chew something. I was worried that my weight increased dramatically. Aish.

I opened the fridge and pulled out various fruits such as strawberries, blueberries, kiwi, grapes and apples. I also took out Greek yogurt with honey. I washed all the fruits and put them in a plate. I brought all of it to the living room and put them on the table. I sit on the carpet while turn on the tv and choose channel that have interesting shows. 

I started feeding the fruits into my mouth one by one while watching Gag Concert. I eat and laughing at the same time. I just cant help it, I really like this show. 

I begin feeding myself a yogurt that I've mixed with honey into my mouth and wriggling my brows to show how much I love it. The spoon goes in and out my mouth non-stop until I didnt realized it is finished already. 

"I can see how much you're having fun with all this foods" I was gasped by the voice behind me. I take a look at the behind and saw Yoongi already walk to take a sit on the sofa beside me. He was sitting on the sofa while I'm sitting on the carpet beside him. 

Oh my God, how can I not realized he was home already. I guess I was too focused on my food and the show. Silly Kim Jennie. 

"Ohh, youre home. Err, do you already have a dinner?" I was so embarrass that I suddenly stutters infront of him. And me being asking him about dinner when we never had dinner at home at all. 

"If I say I haven't, will you cook for me?" He asked. 

When I heard that, I just nodding and give him a slight smile but when I was prepared to stand up and move to kitchen, Yoongi pushed my shoulder to make me sit again. 

"I'm just asking. I didnt ask you to cook now. I've eaten. Maybe next time?" He said. I look at him and nodding again and smile a bit. 

I gathered all the things at the table and brought it to the kitchen. I washed the dishes and put everything on its place back. When finished everything, I was thinking whether I should go back to the living room or I just go to my room. But its awkward to be with Yoongi at the living room together. So, better I just go to my room. 

"Err, I go to my room first. Good night" I said to him and begin walks to the stairs.

"Can you sit here with me for awhile?" Before I got my feet on the stairs, I heard Yoongi's voice. I look back and saw he look at me. Without thinking anything, I just move my feet to him back. 

When I arrived at the living room again, I walked to sit opposite to him but Yoongi sending sign to me to sit beside him. I was a bit hesitated at first but when I saw he was waiting for me, I moved and sit beside him. 

"Hows college?" He asked. 

I look at him and blink my eyes repeatedly. Is he really Min Yoongi? Did he was possessed by ghost on the way back home just now? Why he suddenly like a different person now? Oh my God. 

"Well, as usual, lecture, assignments, projects, events and all" Whatever it is I still answered him properly. I dont want to ruined the mood just to ask any weird question. 

"How about you? Hows work?" I asked him back. 

"Same. As usual, everyday I never see my tables without any documents" He answered. 

"Oh, I see. Thats why you always come home late" I speak nonchalantly. 

"Why? Did you wait for me?" He asked. I give him surprised look. "Oh thats why youre here tonight. Usually you with locked yourself in the room" He continued while giving me a smirk. 

"Nooo! I'm hungry so I get myself something to eat, okay?" I said to him. I heard he laughed slightly at me. I just look at front with speechless look. He really know how to make me restless. 

"Dont worry. I'm joking" He said while casually taps my thigh. I suddenly swallow my saliva. Why I was so nervous. 

"Jennie yaa" He called out my name. I look at him and said, "Yess?" 

"What day is tomorrow?" He asked me. 

I suddenly feel my heart sinking and look back in front. I then look down and play with my hands. Why he suddenly asked me that? Its so uncomfortable. 

"Emm, saturday?" I answered. Or maybe more to ask him back. I know what day is tomorrow but did he expect me to say on his face? He might curse me all his heart. 

"I know you know. Its okay. You dont need to tell" After a long silence, he finally says, "Tomorrow is the date where Joongi hyung left all of us" He stop for awhile. I feel my lips trembling already. "I didnt say that I dont hate you anymore but emm lets go visit him together tomorrow" After he finished his words, I look at him with teary eyes. 

Did I really hear it right? He, Min Yoongi asked me to visit Joongi together? Why? Why is that? Before this, he met me there and chased me out because he said I dont deserve to show my face at Joongi. But now, he asked me to go there with him? 

"But, why?" Finally I asked him a question I really wanna asked.

"I dont know. I just didnt feel like wanna go alone tomorrow" He answered. He still look at his front and not looking at me. 

"But you hate me" I said again. 

"Why is that? It doesnt stop me for bring you with me at the columbarium" He finally look at me and waiting for me to says something. 

"Do you want or not?" He asked me when he saw me just being silence. 

I nodded and answered him, "I want" 

"Okay then. We will go there together tomorrow" He said and give me a smile. 

I look back to the front and think again why did he asked me to go along with him tomorrow? My mind cant resists to not thinking about it. Does he have any other intention? But he looks very sincere just now. 

I was shocked when suddenly Yoongi's head was on my lap as his eyes was closed. He already lay down on the sofa with his head on my lap. I blinked and stared at him for a moment. My body feels very stiff right now. Why suddenly hes acting like this? Oh my God, help me. My heart is beating so fast now. 

"Err, Yoongi yaa. If youre sleepy, how about you go to your room now?" I asked him a bit stutters. How do you expect me to talk normally when this guy is acting weirdly?

"Just for a moment. Lets stay like this" He said with his eyes still closed. 

There was a long silence and suddenly I heard his steady breathe in and out. Did he really sleeping on my lap now? This is not normal again. This is heavy case. My heart beats faster than usual. 

I stare at his face. He looks so calm in his sleep. I love how he looks right now. It makes me feels at its ease. I cupped his cheek and caress it. I then slowly bring my lips to his forehead. I stare at his face again for a moment. 

Thats was the time that I finally realized that, I was deeply falling in love with him. Yes, I love him. Min Yoongi...