Intro 12 - Lao Chen

St. 달꽃 (enrollment open!)
intro 012
  chen
Chen stared at Kyungwoo across the way as he was working with him this morning his fire training as Jaejoong was busy in a meeting. He had spared with kyungwoo a few times but had always lost as his fire was a lot more powerful and had trained longer than him - but Jaejoong said his improvement is faster than he had aspected. 

"We might not get a lot done today. it is supposed to rain in a couple hours so there might be too much moisture in the air for anything to manifest well." Kyungwoo noted as Chen shrugged

"A little rain won't stop me," Chen replied as Kyungwoo only nodded. "Do you know what Jae's meeting is about?" He asked 

"NO." Kyungwoo, as he pressed his hand in doward motions as red firey lights erupted from his hands as a large trail of flame whipping into a spiral flare, reached about five up in the air flew towards Chen as he ducked and rolled left to dodge it. 

Chen did the same motion just recreating the pattern as his flame wasn't not as big or bright as Kyungwoo's but it the grass around him. 

"what are you two idiots doing? You're going to ruin the landscape and you are practicing too close to the building." Mingxi glared at him as she walked off. She was carrying an umbrella as small raindrops started to form and fall. 

"well so much for practice," Chen said as he looked at Mingxi. "What do you want?" HE asked as Mingxi shrugged. 

"I do not want you, but Jaejoong. He is about to be finished with his meeting. He wants you to meet Mina and he has an assignment for you." Mingxi said as she glanced over to Kyungwoo who was already inside the building. 

Chen stepped under her umbrella as she smirked just leaning it over as water fell into his eyes. "Jie!" He cried out in Chinese as he wiped his face as Mingxi whipped around just heading back inside. Chen followed her just pushing his hair back as he walked to Jaejoong's office. He knocked on the door as he could a couple voices talking. He watched as Hyojin opened the door. "is he done?" He asked 

"Almost, come on in," Hyojin said as she let him in the room. She watched as he walked over to the lounging couch just sitting down just looking at his phone. Hyojin grabbed her things as Jaejoong hung up the phone as she left just leaving Chen and Jaejoong alone. 

"Chen," Jaejoong said as he the other looked up just putting his phone away. "I have an important assignment for you. This mission could get you killed." Jaejoong said as he looked at the other as he nodded for him to continue. "but, I do not think you will be - they are too soft over there. I want you to pose as a transfer student at their school and gain a certain person's trust." Jaejoong handed him a file. 

Chen looked over it as he looked at a girl's picture. "She's pretty. Who is she?" He asked 

"A very famous moroi's daughter that is not supposed to exist. Well, he doesn't want her to exist so that is where we come in." Jaejoong said as he looked at Chen. "He is a very rich man and we need his money." Jaejoong leaned back in his chair. 

"I understand. It doesn't sound too hard." Chen said as he looked at him. 

"Yes, well - they know that we want to eliminate her so they have her constantly watched by the guardians. I figured someone tricking her into coming here would allow us an easy solution to this problem." He said 

"I would be honored to take this on," Chen answered as he looked at Jaejoong. 

"I knew that you would say this." Jaejoong said, "I know that it will be hard for you to be away but just think of this as your first task to see if you can be like the others or one day take a leading position here." Jaejoong said as he looked at the younger. "Your mission will not begin until they all return from court and even then I am going to have to you monitor your target for a couple days with Mina and Kentaro out in the field," Jaejoong said 

Chen sighed as he didn't mind monitoring her to learn more about her, but he hated both Mina and Kentaro. They were both beneath him and had couldn't make intelligent conversation - Mina simply was just something fun to play with when he was bored and Kentaro was just simply a thing he didn't want to bother with. "alright." He finally mustered as Jaejoong chuckled. 

"I know that you don't like them that much, but Mina's power is the only way you can get close. And then Kentaro can calm down mina if she gets into a fit and he can protect you two as his complusion is a bit stronger than yours or mIna's." Jaejoong said 

"yeah, yeah." Chen sounded annoyed being told his compulsion was anything special. 

"I would suggest you get packing and start a little pre-studying of the school, guardians, and teachers so that you seem like a normal transfer student." Jaejoong said, "I had Mingxi go get you some files to read over and everything you would need to move there." Jaejoong said as he watched chen stand up. 

"Alright, I won't mess this up." Chen watched Jaejoong only nod as he walked out. He sighed as he walked through the main hall as Kentaro was passed out on the couch as he started up the stairs to his own room. He started to pack just seeing the stack of files that he needed to read through. He deiced to pre-pack now and read later. he grabbed a couple suitcases as he started to pre-pack somethings. Making sure none of them looked like it came from the Yingsu Council.


Author's Note
HeY! Here is Chen. I hope that you like his intro and like his role in the whole scheme of things.