Chapter 3

Not So One Sided Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyemi walked around her one bedroom studio apartment holding a cup of coffee in her hands. It was currently 6 in the morning, earlier than what she was expecting when she had woken up, praying that the day before was just a nightmare.

She took a seat in front of her Mac carefully taking a sip of her coffee. Her mind wandered back to the previous day, the day she very much dreaded due to a certain someone who had showed up at her work. 

Hyemi’s eyes widened as she stood up suddenly in realization and determination. She wasn’t going to act weak in front of him and stay heartbroken. No, she was going to be strong and keep her head held high. 

Stretching her arms, she made her way to her window, opening her blinds as sunlight hit her face. Taking a deep breath, she walked over to her vanity table in front of her bed and combed her hair. She gathered her bangs as she rolled them in a hair curler before moving on to her makeup. 

She quickly changed out of her pajamas and replaced them with a light peach color dress that came up to her mid thighs. Taking a look in the mirror, she finished off with a spray of pomegranate body mist and nodded to herself. 

Eyebrows, check. Eye shadow, eye liner, check. Lipstick, check. Hair, che- not check. 

Hyemi gasped as she almost forgot to take off her hair curler. Immediately removing them from her bangs, she finally let out a smile. 

Hair, check.

She slipped on a pair of pink heels to match her dress before leaving her apartment and walking down the stairs, purse in one hand and a black coat in the other. 

Smiling confidently, she made her way to work with her head held high. 

-----

Claps were heard around the meeting room as Kim Myungsoo introduced himself. Hyemi hesitantly brought her hands up after getting nudged in the side by her friend. Turning her head, Heeyeon gave her a glare before nodding to her hand.

“So, please keep your evening free tonight Manager Kim.” Announced Sehun. “We’ll be meeting in this room.”

“Okay, good work everyone” said Minseok nodding to everyone. 

“Good job”

“Good work”

“Mi, you look pretty today” said Minseok giving Hyemi a smile. “Did someone set you up on a blind date?”

“Oh…no” denied Hyemi shyly pushing a stray piece of her behind her ear.

“Oh~ Our Mi, you must be trying to look good for Manager Kim.” Teased Seokjin.

“That’s not true!” Denied Hyemi glaring at him.

“Hyemi, I guess you do care about the way men look at you” added Jackson as he nodded. “Mhmm, you definitely do”

“No I don’t” said Hyemi bluntly looking over at her friend. 

“Then why do you look so different when it’s just us?” Asked Jackson giving her a wink, who was clearly enjoying teasing his friend. 

“I said no” Hyemi strongly denied. Besides her, Taehyung grinned at her, looking at her outfit up and down. 

“I thought I saw a strange woman walking into our meeting today” muttered Sehun loudly making sure Hyemi had heard him as he walked past her and out the meeting room door, feeling Hyemi’s glare on his back. 

Hyemi sighed as everyone trailed out the meeting room, leaving her alone with Myungsoo. He turned around to look at her before walking out.

Hyemi rubbed her temples tiredly as she regretted her choice of clothing that morning. 

I swear everyone’s out to get me…

Heeyeon plopped a box full of decorations next to Hyemi before giving the girl a pat on the back. She grabbed a bag full of deflated balloons, taking one out for herself and giving one to Hyemi. 

“I love doing karaoke at welcome parties” said Heeyeon tying an inflated balloon. 

“I hate it” Hyemi said bluntly as she pumped air into her balloon.

“Why?” Asked Heeyeon struggling with the balloon. “You said you liked it last time and thought it was fun.”

“I don’t like it anymore” Said Hyemi quickly.

Heeyeon nodded as she patted the younger girl on the back. “I get you. There are times in life where you just hate everything. Trust me, I’ve been through that…” 

Hyemi let out a loud sigh, “Why do I always get stuck doing these things? This is such a pain in the ..!”

She angrily pumpe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter