Chapter 21

When A Stranger Kisses You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“There you go” 

 

“Thank you Chaeyoung” 

 

After the remarkable concurrence of meeting between Chaeyoung and Somi, they decided to have a short chat in the café. Chaeyoung, being a gentleman here went to buy her an iced latte. 

 

He sat opposite her, “Jeon Somi, what a surprise. I didn’t know you’re back in town” 

 

Somi smiled, “My team and I have a dance battle here in Seoul” 

 

“How does it feel to graduate from Harvard’s Dance Academy? You seem pretty busy travelling around the world” 

 

“Feels great. Yup, kinda busy lately but I always try to have fun at times. What about you? I passed by a photography studio this morning and it’s called ‘Son’s Studio’. I wonder whose studio it is?” she playfully tapped her chin and looked to the ceiling 

 

Chaeyoung chuckled and nodded, “Yup, that’s mine” He then inhaled and exhaled, “Looks like we both achieved our goals and ambitions” 

 

She observed him carefully. How he had all grown up and become a man. How his voice went a lot deeper now. He’s totally different since the last she saw him. 

 

“It’s nice to see you again, Chaeyoung” said Somi 

 

He looked at her and just smiled. 

 

“How long has it been? I lost track” he asked 

 

“5 years to be exact” she replied 

 

“Wow. You counted the days?” 

 

“Sometimes I feel guilty. And you just can’t get out of my head” 

 

“So you’re blaming me for bugging you these 5 years?” he chuckled. “And look who was the one who left without saying anything” 

 

“Chaeyoung, it was complicated okay?” 

 

He looked at her without replying anything. He started observing the latter. How she had grown into a beautiful lady. Those eyes that he loved to stare into during those days back. Those beautiful flawless fingers that he used to hold back then. 

 

But, it’s all right now in the past. He shouldn’t recall those memories again. Those painful memories. He doesn’t need to recall anything because right now, he got Mina. Someone who everyone wants to be with, and he’s the lucky guy. 

 

“You know what, it was five years ago. Let’s just forget about it” said Chaeyoung 

 

Somi giggled a little, “You and your personality, still hasn’t changed. I understand, Chaeyoung. And I don’t wanna talk about it either” 

 

“You and your personality too, still haven’t changed a bit. Always care and understand what others feel” 

 

She smiled, “Why don’t we make a new start?” 

 

“Shall we?” 

 

She extended her hand, “Hi. I’m Jeon Somi . Nice to meet you” 

 

He chuckled for a while. Then he naturally shook her hand, “Hello. I’m Son Chaeyoung. Nice meeting you too” 

**************** 

 

Chaeyoung was on his way home after his accidental meeting with Somi. His elbow set on the arm rest whilst his other arm holding the steering wheel. He thought about the conversation they had at the café earlier. It was not awkward at all but a little bit weird since they decided to restart again. 

 

He got himself confused whether he still has any feelings for her. Or she still has any feelings for him. 

 

Flashback 

 

Chaeyoung was studying at the school’s library on his own. Suddenly he felt a pair of hands covering his eyes from the back. 

 

“I wonder whose beautiful hands are these. Hmmmmmm” he tapped his chin using the pen 

 

“Tick tock tick tock” she playfully said 

 

“I guess someone by the name of Somi is the one covering my eyes” 

 

“Jeon Somi to be precise” she giggled and uncovered his eyes. Then she took a sit beside him. 

 

“To be more precise she is Jeon Somi, Son Chaeyoung’s girlfriend who no one can ever take her away from me” he smiled and held her hand 

 

“Studying?” 

 

“Yup. I thought you have ballet class” 

 

“Chaeyoung, there’s something I need to tell you” 

 

“Okay. Shoot it” 

 

She slowly inhaled and exhaled. 

 

“A letter arrived at my house this morning” 

 

“What letter?” he asked 

 

“Offer letter. Chaeyoung, I got an offer, from Harvard” she slowly said word by word 

 

His smile dropped, “Dancing academy?” 

 

She nodded. 

 

He looked away for a moment. He never thought that this day would come, where it’s time to make their decision for their own future. A dilemma appeared inside him as he thought to be separated, or not. 

 

He lifted up his face and held her hand tightly. He faked a smile. 

 

“Congratulations, love. I’m so happy for you” 

 

She shook her head, “Chaeyoung, please don’t fake it. I know you’re not happy to hear this” 

 

“What are you talking about? I’m being honest here” he avoided her eyes 

 

She let her palm to caress his cheek, “Harvard is far away from Korea, babe. If I go, we will be separated. If I don’t, then I will lose this offer but we will still be together. Decision must be made” 

 

He stared at the floor for few seconds. Then, he nodded. He stood up, packing all his books and stuffs. 

 

“Tell me when you have made your decision, Somi” 

 

She grabbed his hand before leaving, “But Chaeyoung, I need you. Don’t let me to this alone. We do things together, remember? That means we both are gonna think about this together” 

 

He slowly removed her hand from gripping tight with his, “I.. I’m just not ready for this. Sorry. I’ll call you” 

 

And he left. 

 

End of Flashback 

 

************** 

 

Chaeyoung parked his car after arriving at his apartment. He rode the elevator and entered his house. He made his way towards his bedroom. His hand grabbed the door knob and turned it 360 degrees. 

 

After opening the door, he was greeted with some certain person, tall, tanned skin, wearing black sleeveless shirt and shorts, the hands were drying his own hair using a towel. 

 

“AAH!” shouted Chaeyoung 

 

“AAH!” the tanned guy shouted back 

 

“AAAH!!” 

 

“AAAH!!” 

 

“AAH?!?!?!” 

 

“AAH?!?!?!” 

 

“Yah!” 

 

“Yah!” 

 

“Stop copying me!” said Chaeyoung 

 

“Stop copying me!” 

 

“What are you doing here, Tzuyu?” 

 

“What are you doing here, Chaeyoung?” 

 

“I live here!” 

 

“I liv- oh right. Welcome home buddy” Tzuyu walked passed him heading straight to the living room. 

 

Chaeyoung just looked at him with the what-the-heck-is-going-on-right-now face. 

 

“Yah-what-how-huh?! How the heck did you get in?” he followed the tanned guy from behind 

 

Tzuyu grabbed a water bottle from the table and sat comfortable on the soft white couch. 

 

“Spare key under the welcome mat” 

 

“I- oh right..” Chaeyoung scratched his head and sat on the other couch. “Why did you use my bathroom?” 

 

“More spacious” 

 

“Dude, it’s the same size as the guest’s bathroom” 

 

“Oh. I needed to use your shampoo anyways. And are you gay or something? Why are you using ladies’ shampoo?” Tzuyu chuckled 

 

“Yah. Ladies’ shampoo is much better. Makes the hair much more softer” 

 

“I was joking, Chaeyoung. So, what’s up?” asked Tzuyu while gulping down the water 

 

“Hello, what are you doing here?” 

 

“You think I’m gonna stay with 3 ladies at Mina’s? No way. I need my own man privacy okay” 

 

“Dude, one of them is Jeongyeon, your sister” 

 

“Dude, she’s starting to fit in with them” he chuckled 

 

Chaeyoung shook his head and just sighed. He rubbed his face and stared at the ceiling. 

 

“What’s up with the look of yours?” 

 

“Somi’s back” 

 

Hearing the unexpected name causing Tzuyu to choke on his water. He coughed a few times and hit his own chest. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter