Chapter 6

'Till the last petal falls

 

It was 10:30 PM. Mina and taeyeon are watching movie frozen in taeyeon’s living room.

 

Mina sighed for the nth times of the night and looks at taeyeon whom is now cover herself with her blanket and clinging onto mina’s shoulder like a kid.

 

"You said we gonna watch a movie" mina break the silence.

 

"We are now" taeyeon says.

 

"You should told me watching movie in your house. I even wore my favorite dress" mina says angrily then she turned to the side in a huff.

 

“Watching the movie in home is better than in cinema” taeyeon says.

 

“Urgh whatever!” Mina sighs, she doesn’t has mood to argue with taeyeon even though she still mad at the older girl for gave her a false hope.

 

 

*

*

*

 

 

“What time is it...” mina moans, she just woke up from her sleep on taeyeon’s lap and looks at the clock hanging on the wall, 3:00 AM it read.

 

“OH MY GOD” yelled the girl as she quickly stood up.

 

She looks at taeyeon whom is sleeping while leaning on the sofa.

 

"Taeyeon wake up it's 3:00 am" mina trying to waking taeyeon up by shaking her body.

 

"Can we just sleep firts. and go to the dorm this morning" Taeyeon murmured, her eyes was stil closed.

 

"No. Sana always woke up early and what if she find out that I’m not at the room?" mina says a bit louder.

 

Taeyeon yawns lazily and rubs her eyes. She looks at mina and smile.

 

"Did we just slept together?" Taeyeon chuckled.

 

"Ergh taeyeon!! come on" mina drags taeyeon.

 

 

 

Taeyeon stops her car at the school’s backyard, she then closed her eyes and groans before rested her head on the headrest of her seat.

 

"Taeyeon wake up, don't sleep in the car it's dangerous" mina says softly and kiss taeyeon’s cheek.

 

Taeyeon hummed and nodded but still closing her eyes.

 

“Taeyeon!” Mina groans.

 

“Alright I’m awake” taeyeon says, sitting up.

 

Mina sighs “drive carefully, make sure don’t kill yourself” mina says before hopped out of the car.

 

 

 

Mina twisting the door’s knob, she poke her head out, making sure there’s no one around and when she assumed that the dorm is clear she step in and slowly closed the door, being careful not to make a single noise.

 

“Mina?” A cold voice calling startled her. Slowly, she turns around and sees, chaeyoung standing straight, a metre away.

 

"Cha..chaeyoung...... I didn't see you're here" mina says with her nervous voice.

 

"Where were you from" chaeyoung frowns.

 

"Erghh I can't sleep so I took a walk" mina reply, a cold sweat started to run down on her forehead.

 

"With that outfit?" chaeyoung asks confusedly.

 

Mina gulps down her saliva harsly before reply “yes”

 

Chaeyoung knows that there is indeed something wrong, but she just let it go this time.

 

“Ok then. Goodnight” chaeyoung smile at mina before heading to her room.

 

A relief sigh escapes from mina’s lips.

 

Damn what did I get myself into....

 

 

*

*

*

 

 

“Chaeyoung. Chaeyoung.. ergh chaeyoung!!” A voice calls, snapping chaeyoung of her thoughts.

 

Chaeyoung turns to the source of the voice and was met with a frowning nayeon.

 

“Sorry. I was spacing out. Is something wrong?” Chaeyoung asks, she could hears dahyun and jeongyeon are laughing at her.

 

Nayeon shook her head and sighs “I asked you where is mina?”

 

“I don’t know....” chaeyoung says. She bit her lower lips and looks around.

 

“Guys” chaeyoung spoke, earning the attention from everyone.

 

“Can you all feel that there is something wrong with mina lately?” Chaeyoung low her voice.

 

“Nope. I think she is acting normal” jeongyeon says.

 

“No Is not like that. You know Last night I caught her sneaking into the dorm and I asked her where were her from and she said she just took a walked” chaeyoung says. 

 

Everyone look at chaeyoung with an are-you-serious? Look.

 

“And....?” Dahyun asks.

 

“Who the hell took a walked at 3.30 AM and you know what was she wearing? a one-piece dress.” chaeyoung says with a serious expression.

 

Everyone are gasping in shock.

 

“Oh I just remember last week after I done copied mina’s notes I went to her room to returned it back to her but... she was not in her room that night” nayeon says.

 

Everyone are gasping again.

 

“So do you guys want to say that mina is a... ghost?” Momo gulps her saliva hard while clinging onto jihyo’s shoulder.

 

“She should stop watching horror movies” tzuyu rolls her eyes.

 

“How about you sana? She is your roommate right. did you noticed anything wrong with mina?” Chaeyoung asks sana. Now everyone are looking at sana.

 

“Ehmm I don’t know, since I always sleep early. But she seemed like she always texting someone and whenever she checked her phone she smiles and sometimes smirk or even grin so I asked her who was she texting with? And she said nobody” sana says.

 

“Is mina in a relationships with someone chaeyoung?” Jihyo asks chaeyoung and chaeyoung replied with a shrug.

 

“If she is in a relationship why would she didn’t tell me. I mean I’m her bestfriend of course I will happy for her if she has a boyfriend” chaeyoung furrow her brows. 

 

The thought that her bestfriend didn’t tell her about she is in relationship with someone already broke her heart.

 

“Ok. How about we’re spying mina tonight?” Jihyo gives a suggestion and smirks.

 

“Spying her? how?” Sana asks.

 

“I have a plan ok first-“

 

“Hye guys” mina’s soft voice attempt to interrupt their heated discussion. 

 

Everyone abruptly sitting straight and play with their phones, trying to acting normal.

 

Mina had never felt so awkward between her friends who now seemed to be in some sort of silence contest.

 

Mina sees dahyun’s hand tremble and she raise her brow in confusion.

 

“Were you guys talking about me” mina teasing her classmates and grins playfully.

 

“NO WE’RE NOT!!!” dahyun screams. Making the rest of the girls mentally face-palm themself.

 

Chaeyoung glares at dahyun angrily making dahyun gulps her saliva, and lowering her head down.

 

“Ok.........” mina chuckles softly. She notice her friends’ strange behavior but she just shrug it off.

 

*

*

*

 

‘Babe I miss you lets meet up’- from taeyeon

 

‘Ok. but I have to wait my roommates go to sleep first’ to taeyeon.

 

Mina put her phone back onto her desk. She looks up to clock on the wall and she knows it’s time for sana to sleep. Then she turned to sana, who was sit on the study desk, doing nothing.

 

“What are you doing sana?” mina sat up this time on her bed, leaning her back agaist the headboard.

 

“nothing” sana replies half asleep half awake.

 

Actually sana is sleepy and tired but she force herself to stay awake because that was part of the plan. Yeah they made a plan to spying mina this night.

 

50 minutes pass, mina check her wristwatch then sighs in frustration while looking at sana, hoping the girl will fall asleep now but sana just sit there, doing nothing again.

 

Sana then reaches out to the side with her free hand and picks up her phone and text her group chat that chaeyoung just created this evening, everyone are joining the group except mina.

 

‘Guys I’m sleepy’ from sana

 

‘Hold on sana. You can do it’ from jihyo

 

‘But I think I can’t survive to stay awake anymore’ from sana

 

‘Trying having a conversation with her’ from chaeyoung.

 

‘What conversation?’ From sana

 

‘Just say anything. Like your hobby or whatever’ from nayeon

 

‘Ok I’ll try.....’ from sana.

 

10 minutes pass.

 

‘Sana are you doing fine’ from jeongyeon

 

‘Sana....’ from jeongyeon

 

‘Sana are you still there?’ From jeongyeon

 

‘What happen to sana? Why she doens’t read our texts?’ From dahyun

 

‘I think she is sleeping’ from momo

 

‘I knew it was coming ‘ from tzuyu

 

 

A loud banging on the door wake sana up but she sleeps again. 

 

Everyone looking at sleeping sana and groan. “Hey sana wake up” nayeon shake sana’s shoulder.

 

“Aghhhh!! Mina! I want to show you how to charge the phone properly” sana screams, her eyes are still closing.

 

“Wake up dummy” momo says in annoyance.

 

Sana then open her eyes and rubbed her eyes. She looks up, the moment an angry face of her classmmate greeted her, she just grins.

 

“Hye guys... where is mina?” Sana says while looking around, trying to searching mina.

 

“Mina? She left! Thanks to you!” Nayeon rolls her eyes.

 

“I’m sorry” sana pouts .

 

“It’s ok guys. I think mina just left, We still have time. Lets used plan B” chaeyoung says.

 

“What plan B?” Dahyun asks and chaeyoung just smirk.

 

“We gonna follow her”

 

 

*

*

*

 

 

"Why you're so late? I wait for you for an hour" taeyeon whining.

 

"I’m sorry my roommate sleep late tonight. It’s weird, she usually sleeps early" mina says.

 

“Whatever . Let’s go” taeyeon sighs and starts her car’s engine.

 

 

*

*

*

 

 

“Guys we have to move faster the car that mina just went inside is about to driving away” dahyun says.

 

“Let’s used my car since my car can fit all of you” jeongyeon suggest and everyone nod in angreement.

 

“Wait. Are we serious want to do this? sneak out of the school at late night?. Break the rule is not a good thing kids” jihyo says earning a groan from her classmmates.

 

“There she goes again.... ruining our mood again” tzuyu says while shake her head.

 

Jihyo take a deep breath and close her eyes before continues.“Me as a leader-” jihyo stop talking when she hear a sound of a car door closing echoes air. 

 

She looks up and sees that everyone are already inside the car except her.

 

“I’m sorry jihyo this car only fit 7 peoples. You stay here ok bye! we love you” jeongyeon shouts and drove away.

 

Jihyon frowns as she watches the blue car is driving away.

 

“....they really leave me alone.” 

 

 

*

*

*

 

"Let's watched movie again"  taeyeon says as her eyes still focus on road.

 

"What's movie?"

 

"Frozen" 

 

"Again? No today let me choose movie"

 

"No last time you choose a japanese movie and I didn't understand a single thing" taeyeon says then park the car in front of her house.

 

"It had a subtitle" mina says in disbelief while unbuckle her seatbelt.

 

"I hate reading!!"

 

They are too busy bickering at each other without noticing there is a blue car following them all this time.

 

 

*

*

*

 

 

"Whose car?" Chaeyoung asks, her eyes locks at the sport car in front of her.

 

“I don’t know” dahyun says.

 

A loud gasp ecaped nayeon’s mouth. Everyone are looking at nayeon in confusedly.

 

“That car is a Mercedes benz. There is only one person in the school that used mercedes benz and........ it’s taeyeon!” nayeon says in shock.

 

"Don't tell me ....no no no. It can’t be” chaeyoung says as she shake her head in disbelief.

 

“Guys” dahyun says while pointing her finger at the front. Everyone look towards the direction. They all tilted their head in the direction.

 

And they could see mina went out of the car with the girl that they hate all this time.

 

"WHAT!!”

 

*

*

*

 

“So you still want to watch that jappanese movie?” taeyeon asks while close her car door.

 

“Yes” mina says excitedly making taeyeon chuckles softly.

 

“Ok then. Let’s watch that movie”

 

“MINA” a familiar voice calling her. Mina abruptly turn around to see all her classmate except jihyo, standing there, their face grow in confusion and their expression are judging really hard.

 

For that moment mina just stay still and speechless, her brain is not functioning properly and she can see clearly chaeyoung’s disappoited face and guily hits her.

 

Mina is startled bit when she feels taeyeon’s hand on her shoulder and her mind was back to reality, mina turns to look at the older girl who has an understanding smile on her pretty face.

 

“It’s ok, I’m here” taeyeon whisper softly at her.

 

 

 

 

*********awesome9*********