Chapter 5

'Till the last petal falls

2 weeks later

 

/Marathon day/

 

"All participants please proceed to your respective position now. The 100 meters race will start in 10 minutes" 

 

"Chaeyoung I'm nervous what to do” mina walks back and forth “It's all your fault why you choosed me at the first place!!" Mina pinch chaeyoung's tummy. 

 

"Auch! Hey it's hurt" chaeyoung whining while rubbing her red tummy.

 

"Serve you right!"

 

"Mina, you have to go. Good luck I hope our support can cheer you up, even a little bit" jihyo says, mina smile in reply.

 

Mina looks at her classmates, all of them are smile proudly at her even she knows half of them were force to woke up early this morning by jihyo just to watch her competition. Mina then wave her hand at her classmates before making her way to the position.

 

"Mina chan, fighting!! Wow she really looks pretty" dahyun shouts, can't take her eyes on mina.

 

"Yahh!!" Sana scolds dahyun but dahyun just ignores her. Sana then pouting,  her face is all red since she tries to control her jealousy.

 

Mina lips that were smilling widely suddenly frowning when she noticed taeyeon is one of the participants and worst her position is beside taeyeon. 

 

Taeyeon smiles at mina but all mina does is just keep her poker face on and start stretching her muscle.

 

"Wow I don't know that my girlfriend is good at sport" taeyeon says, hearing those words, mina eyes shot open.

 

"Taeyeon stop it! we both agree to keep this as a secret what if someone heard-" mina words was cut by Miss boa who was being the MC.

 

"5th participants Myoui mina from JYP" The MC announced. Mina hears someone yelling at her “goodluck minari!” Chaeyoung yelled. Mina immediately turns toward her classmates and smiled.

 

"6th participants Lee chaerin from YG"

 

"And finally the last participants kim taeyeon from SM" all students start cheer loudly and went wild.

 

Mina is a bit shock of the audience reaction, she knows taeyeon is popular but she doesn’t knows that taeyeon is this popular.

 

"See all these peoples can't take their eyes on me, but I only see you" taeyeon whisper. That sweet soft whisper lightly touching her ears made her heart pound fast.

 

"But the way, don't gaze at my later because I know I will always in front of you" taeyeon winked at her. 

 

"You don't even have a " mina grins.

 

"Ok that's hurt my pride" taeyeon said while touch her .

 

"I have!! Ok" taeyeon glare angrily at mina.

 

“Ok!! On my count!!”

 

"One!!"

 

"Ouh I just want you to know that I will not goes easy on you just because you're my girlfriend"

 

"Are you too full of yourself?" mina hissed.

 

"Two!!"

 

"Don't cry later babe it's just a game" Taeyeon smirk playfully at mina.

 

"You wish" mina muttered under her breath.

 

“Three!!"

 

*

*

*

 

"I can't believe it. So you're in the last place"

 

Everyone crossed their arms while glaring at taeyeon, angrily.

 

"Is not my fault everyone know  that I'm not good in sport" taeyeon shrugs.

 

"Whose idea was let her compete?" Tiffany asks and everyone glares at hyoyeon

 

"What? I choosed her because she is the leader ok" hyoyeon says.

 

"Then why would you all choosed me as a leader at the first place" taeyeon said angrily.

 

"Because you're the oldest"

 

"The oldest doesn’t means you would make a good leader" taeyeon huffs.

 

"Hey you are good leader" sooyoung trying to conform the sulking leader.

 

"Yeah remember when I almost burn this whole school and you put blame on yourself. Phew Luckily your mother is the owner of this school" hyoyeon says.

 

"So what's the special reward?" Yoona asks taeyeon.

 

"Ehhhh not much they just get dessert coupons for entire year hehehe" taeyeon smile widely and rubs her neck awkwardly

 

"YOU ARE THE WORST LEADER EVER KIM TAEYEON!!"

 

 

 

 

"Congratulation mina!! I know it you can win number 1, that’s why I choosed you" chaeyoung says while open her arms in the air widely, signally mina to hug her.

 

"I’m still mad at you son chaeyoung" mina slaps chaeyoung’s arms then she crossed her arms across her chest.

 

“Eyyyyy mina-ri~” chaeyoung says as she gives mina a back hug.

 

“Is that chaeyoung?” Jeongyeon looks at chaeyoung in disbelief since she never saw the small girl acting cute like this before.

 

 

*

*

*

 

Mina stopped by the library the next day. She went to science section right away and picks the random book.

 

She taking her place at the table and start reading her book.

 

Suddenly, her phone’s ringtone was heard making other student's turn their head to glares at her. Mina quickly silencing her phone then bow apologize to other students.

 

Breathing a sigh of relief she turn on her phone to find a message from taeyeon.

 

From taeyeon:'What is my girl doing?'

 

To taeyeon:'nothing. What do you want?' 

 

From taeyeon:'Can I borrow you something'

 

To taeyeon:'What is it?'

 

From taeyeon:'A kiss? I promise I'll give it back"

 

To taeyeon:'pick up line again? I'm so tired with it'

 

From taeyeon:"You know what? You would really look beautiful in my arm'

 

To taeyeon:'Ewwww'

 

Mina trying so hard to not show any expression but fail when she smile.

 

Taeyeon really loves throwing the cheesist, cringe, disgustingly yet sweet pick up lines at mina. Mina always acts like she hate it but deep inside her heart she always find taeyeon's pick up lines are cute and she lowkey love it.

 

From taeyeon:'Your lips look lonely. Would they like to meet mine?'

 

Mina giggles a bit

 

To taeyeon:'Stop it. I'm not replying you if you keep doing that'

 

From taeyeon:'Ahh ok. actually I want to say that, I lost my teddy bear'

 

To taeyeon:'so?'

 

From taeyeon:'can I sleep with you?'

 

To taeyeon:'you are '

 

From taeyeon:'You like it are you?' 

 

To taeyeon:'No I'm not. You are so bad at pick up line'

 

From taeyeon: 'Then why are you smiling?'

 

Mina lifts her head from her phone to find taeyeon right in front of her, smiling playfuly at her, she has a big book covering her face. That's why mina didn't notice her before.

 

Mina is so embarrassed and keep her head down trying to hiding her red cheeks

 

To taeyeon: 'Are you following me?'

 

From taeyeon: 'Yes'

 

To taeyeon: 'You are creepy'

 

From taeyeon:'says someone who smile alone like an idiot while reading my chessy pick up line, you are creepier'

 

Mina groans in frustration, hopes she can vanish away from here as soon a possible.

 

"Taeyeon?"

 

A soft voice spoke from behind taeyeon making her jump slightly in suprise.

 

"Seohyun? I thought you are in the library" taeyeon put down her phone in her pocket.

 

"We are in the library right now"

 

"Ohhhhh" taeyeon looking around while nods.

 

So this is what people call library

 

"What are you doing here?"

 

"I was searching for...." taeyeon turns to looks at mina but her seat is empty, the younger girl already left.

 

"Damn she's gone" taeyeon hissed under her breath.

 

 

Mina went to the toilet while running.  Once she was safely in a toilet stall, she quickly locked the door.

 

Mina lets out a sigh of relief “annoying girl” mina hissed, her  cheeks were still red from embarrassment. Suddenly mina heard someone enter the toilet.

 

"I heard this year elite goes to TW class" a girl says.

 

Mina had evesdropped their conversation as they mentioned her class.

 

"It just a rumor" another girl spoke.

 

"Besides, I don't think that TW deserver that title. They can't compare with GG class"

 

"But TW class are popular these day. after taeyeon kicked jessica out, most of their supporters start to show their interest in TW"

 

"So what if TW going to be the next elite, GG is going to graduate and leave this school  anyway"

 

 

*

*

*

 

 

Just like usual. Taeyeon would always be at school’s backyard every night and wait for mina.

 

"Hye babe....... wait are you wearing a pajama?" taeyeon looks at mina in disgust.

 

"So what? I’m going to spend the entire night in your house anyway"

 

"You’re look stunning" taeyeon says, more like mocking. She starts engine and drove to her luxurious massion.

 

 

 

"Hye hugo come here" mina trying to be friendly to the dog. But hugo just ignores her and goes to taeyeon instead which made mina pout.

 

"Did someone bother my boy?" Taeyeon said while kiss hugo. 

 

"He hates me" mina frowns.

 

"He hates everyone except me"

 

“Oh I heard your class is the next elite. Congrats” taeyeon says while pats hugo’s head.

 

“It’s just a rumor” mina says. Taeyeon turns her head towards mina and chuckles a bit.

 

“No, it’s not a rumor. You can see that me and my classmate are not wearing a gold pin anymore”

 

"Won’t your classmates hate us for that?" Mina asks. Taeyeon just laugh and shook her head.

 

Her class had been the elite for almost 3 years and she and her classmates still don’t know what the use of that title for . It’s just a title that everyone would fight for it.

 

"First of all, we don't want that title at all" 

 

"Second, my classmates hate everyone" taeyeon says as she put hugo on the ground.

 

"Want to bake some cookies?" Taeyeon smile like a kid, the idea itself got her excited.

 

Mina just shrug her shoulder "up to you"

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Taeyeon your cookies are scary and ugly" mina says, causing taeyeon to let out a growl of irritation.

 

"Hey the cookies suppose to be hollowen"

 

“But It’s july” mina furrows her brows but still eat it anyway.

 

"How its taste?" Taeyeon asks mina excitedly but her heart sinks when mina shook her head and frowns.

 

"Terrible” mina simply says making the older girl groans.

 

“Fine” taeyeon says sulking making the younger laugh a bit.

 

Actually the cookies taste good but mina just want to teases taeyeon. She found taeyeon’s reaction when she is sulking so cute that she can’t help but tease the girl more.

 

Taeyeon start on tidying up and clean the mess she made on the kitchen while mina rest her chin on her palm, elbow on table while watching taeyeon blankly.

 

"Taeyeon." Mina opens a conversation.

 

"Hmmm...?" 

 

"Who is jessica?" Mina asks, taeyeon immediately stop cleaning after hearing those words, she clear and play it cool.

 

"She is..... actually my ex girlfriend"

 

"Really? I’m curious about her” mina muttered. Taeyeon looks at mina and chuckles a bit.

 

"She is my first love. She is really pretty, she looks cold but warm inside. She looks stronger but actually a really fragile. She looks matured but so childish" taeyeon smiles while saying those words.

 

"She was the one who made my day brightest" taeyeon chuckles bitterly.

 

"You seem loved her very much" mina says, taeyeon just nods.

 

"Then why you kicked her out" mina blurts out. Taeyeon expression changes so sudden, she looks sad.

 

"I'm sorry I didn't meant to said that" mina says, she feel guilty with what she said.

 

"Nah it's ok" taeyeon inhales deeply and answer calmly.

 

"People change, so does loves"  

 

"Let's go. It's late already" taeyeon says while smiles, she notices how weak her voice sound. She clears and mina just stares at her.

 

It’s odd, considering they’ve always been bickering about useless thing but today the car was so silent which makes mina feel more guilty towards the sad girl and regretted bringing up a topic she knew was off limit for them.

 

"Goodbye" mina says as she kiss taeyeon's cheek, it become her routine to kiss taeyeon before leaving, since taeyeon won’t let mina go if she didn’t receive any kiss from mina.

 

Usually taeyeon will turned her head at the last moment on purpose so the kiss will landed on her lips (but it’s always failed because mina was faster) but today she just stay still.

 

"Hey I said goodbye" mina says taeyeon then look up, staring at mina then smile a little.

 

“Goodbye” taeyeon says softly.

 

 

 

 

Flashback

 

 

 

"You are the one who left the department. But you said that we kicked you out. When you know that I have no power to kick someone out of the department. People thought it was real because everyone know that I hate you. You left because of your dream but you keep played the victim for everyone to hate me. Are you happy now. Seeing me like this. Are you happy now?" Taeyeon shouts angrily, her fist tightened until her knuckles become white.

 

"This is because what you’ve done to me. You hate me, you ignored me, giving me the silent treatment. You treat me like a trash!! I’m tired with it" jessica fights back.

 

"Jessica, you cheated behind my back with taylor!!! Tell me what should I do then? being happy?" Now taeyeon eyes are red.

 

“A cheater like you deserve to be treated like a trash, because you are one of them” taeyeon says harshly and left jessica alone crying.

 

*********awesome9*********

 

I’m back and I’m sorry for the late update .busy with uni  stuff.