017

(BxB-Series) Rebirth: Book 3 - String of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Once evil, may forever evil[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]"If you're tied to somebody with the string of fate, the thread may stretch or tangle but it will never break."[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]Present

Mingyu noticed his teammates were all weird today. Each one of them became quite jumpy with him and given him some unknown look. He knew they never touch the subject during that lunch and yet it just turned normal for the team. But something was not right with them today. Mingyu bit back his question as he waited until the lunchtime.

“Guys, I need to see my son so I can’t join today lunch. I’m going.” Jihyeong gave an awkward smile as he fled. The rest (except Mingyu) frowned before all of them stood up at the same time. Mingyu raised his brow.

“Ah, right. I can’t join the lunch too. Lunch with my fiancée.” Jini also quickly fled. Donghyun was babbling nonsense about he couldn’t lunch together and walked away. Junseok was about to go as well with stupid reason before Mingyu caught him first. Junseok gulped when Mingyu stared at him.

“What’s up with everyone?”

“Huh?” Junseok feigned innocent. Mingyu narrowed his eyes on him, senior or not. Junseok gulped. He just grinned awkwardly.

“I have noticed that everyone is weird since I came in. Now, everyone is running away.” Mingyu raised his brow. “What happened?”

Junseok gulped again. “Uhh…” Mingyu gave a pointed look.

“Just tell him, Junseok.” They turned and noticed Mr Hwang was still there, sitting on his seat. Junseok sighed and turned to Mingyu.

“Fine. But can you let me go first?”

“You will run away.” Mingyu said. Junseok sighed.

“Fine.” Junseok paused. “So, we’re so dying to ask you but we’re afraid. That explains everyone was jumpy.” Mingyu hummed.

“What is it? What you all want to ask me?” Mingyu questioned. Junseok looked around. Apparently the office was empty, leaving only him, Mingyu and Mr Hwang in there.

“We don’t know exactly but the rumors of you and him started to spread in the office. It’s something more than we know. Someone saw you and him at a dog café last weekend.” Junseok said. Mingyu stiffened.

“A baseless rumor, or did someone have proof?” Junseok shrugged.

“Someone posted about it in text at our company’s employees page. That anonymous board.” Junseok explained. Mingyu didn’t say anything. “So… we’re kind of curious. We want to ask but yeah, after we left things that day, everyone didn’t know what to do. Eventually tried to avoid you.”

Mingyu huffed. “Avoiding me part is ridiculous.” Junseok just smiled awkwardly.

Mr Hwang cleared his throat. “Would you make it clear to us then?” The two turned to their boss. “About what we’re curious for… and the unanswered question.” Mingyu blinked few times before biting his lips. He cleared his throat.

“I’m hungry and I will miss the lunch if I don’t go now.” Mingyu just grinned and left hastily. Junseok frowned while Mr Hwang shook his head.

“He’s not ready.” The boss commented.

 

 

“Manager Kang invited us for a dinner. Just want to treat us and become familiar with his team as we’re going to work with them on Iris project.” Mr Hwang said when it’s about the time to go home. The team looked at him. “He hoped everyone will be there. No excuse.”

“But…” Donghyun was about to say something but Mr Hwang cut him off.

“Nah, everybody must go.” They sighed and just nodded. Mingyu looked at each of them.

“Stop avoiding me. I already know what happened.” Mingyu said. Donghyun, Jini and Jihyeong startled. Mingyu just shrugged. “We’re going.” Mingyu added. Mr Hwang just nodded and patted Mingyu’s back.

“Let’s go. Don’t want to be late.” Mr Hwang said as he walked with Mingyu. They all quickly took their stuff and followed after Mingyu and Mr Hwang. As they’re going down, Mingyu noticed some workers giving him look. Now that he took notice, when he came this morning also he received some looks. It had been cleared after what Junseok told him during lunch. Mingyu sighed inward; he didn’t know what to do with the rumors. He just hoped there’s no picture will surface, or it will be worst. Moreover, if the picture of him and Wonwoo holding hands, it will be hella scandalous rumor coming to his way. A gossip about him and the big man of MoZ would be one trouble and yet he didn’t know if people in this building were okay with same relationship even though it’s not that something to be frowned upon nowadays.

The team was talking about stuff Mr Hwang asked them regarding something when the talks paused. Mingyu frowned when everybody became silent. He turned to the way they all were looking. Mingyu bit his lips.

“Are you all going for team’s dinner or something?”

“Yeah, it is, sir.” Mr Hwang said with a polite tone. They’re still in the company building; he should address the male politely.

“Mind if you exclude him for tonight?” Mingyu startled when he was pulled by wrist towards the other. The team blinked in surprise, Jini was even giving a pointing look. Mingyu tried to control his face.

‘What the hell, Wonwoo?’ Mingyu mumbled angrily only for Wonwoo to hear. Wonwoo just ignored it as he kept his eyes on Mr Hwang.

“It supposed to be for everyone.” Mr Hwang started. “But I guess you won’t compromise if I say no, right sir?” Wonwoo chuckled.

“You know about me too much, Jingwi.” Mr Hwang just shrugged. “Thanks, anyway.” Wonwoo said and pulled Mingyu with him. Mingyu flustered, trying to get away but it’s futile. The team was just left speechless to the outcomes while the other audiences were whispering among them.

Wonwoo took Mingyu to the parking lot. Mingyu managed to pull his hand away when they’re standing near to Wonwoo’s car. “What the exact hell you’re doing?!” Mingyu couldn’t help but raised his voice. Wonwoo rubbed his nape, startling by the outburst.

“Calm down. Don’t get mad.”

Mingyu growled. “How I cannot? You practically make a scene and I’m sure people won’t let it slide this time.” Mingyu sighed. “, just with the café rumor people already stared at me, I don’t know what will happen after this.”

“Café rumor?”

“Someone posted on anonymous discussion board about seeing us at a dog café. Doesn’t that sound very familiar?” Mingyu said in sarcasm. Wonwoo hummed.

“I think that’s why all people in the assistant team give me some kind of look today.” Wonwoo said. Mingyu just rolled his eyes.

“And you just have to make it worst.” Mingyu scoffed. Wonwoo just smiled and leaned closer suddenly making Mingyu startled. “Yah.”

Wonwoo just smiled sweetly. “Well, actually I don’t mind rumors.” Mingyu frowned.

“I do mind!” Mingyu narrowed his eyes on Wonwoo. Wonwoo just grinned.

“Well, instead of it did be a rumor, how about make it true? So, it gets better.” Mingyu blushed when he read in between the lines. Wonwoo just gave a soft smile while inwardly squealed to the cute blushes on Mingyu.

“Just- ugh, shut up. Now, why you’re taking me away from my free dinner?” Mingyu said, trying to divert the topic. He pushed Wonwoo making some distance. To be honest, his heart couldn’t take it any further. Not when Wonwoo obviously flirted with him.

They weren’t dating, not a couple. But since the date at the café, Mingyu had acknowledged his own feelings and couldn’t hide much. He noticed how Wonwoo always tried to please him – he could say woo him – but he didn’t want to talk about it because he wasn’t ready. Wonwoo also noticed the slight changes in Mingyu, he had a hunch Mingyu started to like him. He likes it thou, and Mingyu was so cute when he teased the younger. Wonwoo liked the new stage of their relationship. Nothing’s defined clearly but there’s a spark they shared. Wonwoo decided to stay like this for a while.

Wonwoo smiled when Mingyu nudged him for an answer. “Well, you don’t miss any free dinner. I’m taking you for a dinner too.”

“You could just text me, not making a scene.” Mingyu muttered. Wonwoo leaned to whisper next to Mingyu’s ears before walking to the driver’s side.

“I just wanted to take you on surprise. And I miss you.” Mingyu stunned before blushing hard to that whisper. Wonwoo just giggled as he walked away. “Let’s go. I’m hungry.” Mingyu startled and quickly got into the car. Wonwoo just chuckled as he entered the car. Mingyu kept his face to the window, still embarrassed over Wonwoo’s words earlier. Wonwoo felt he should leave him alone so he chose not to say anything. The car drove out from the parking lot to their destination for dinner.

 

 

Mingyu didn't really take it serious before but he felt someone was following since he was on the way home last Monday night. But today, the feeling got stronger that he even felt someone was watching him intensely when he was out for lunch with his teammates. He was currently leaving the office, a bit early as he didn't want to go through the dark. Mingyu startled when a hand landed and almost knocked the person.

"Woah, what's wrong? It's me, Mingyu." Mingyu sighed in relief when he saw Wonwoo. Wonwoo frowned as he looked at Mingyu. "Mingyu?"

"What? Why you're here anyway?" Mingyu asked.

"Are you okay Mingyu?" Mingyu just nodded. Wonwoo wanted to ask again but he decided not to. "Oh well, I saw you leaving, you left early today."

"Not much work."

"Let me send you home?" Usually Mingyu would try to resist but he was still shaken with the fact he was being followed so he agreed. Wonwoo smiled and gestured Mingyu to walk with him. They walked together to the parking lot. MoZ's workers were still talking about it but it was just a little envy of Mingyu who had Wonwoo, the perfect man as they titled him. The gossip was wild but other than giving small looks, nothing happened to Mingyu or Wonwoo. Somehow Mingyu noticed none of them gave disgusted look that he expected to be.

"I never ask you." Wonwoo said after a silence while driving. Mingyu turned to glance at Wonwoo. "Do you like working at MoZ?" Mingyu smiled.

"I enjoyed myself because I'm with a wonderful team." Mingyu smiled wider. Wonwoo nodded.

"Hm, from what I know, Jingwi's team is great and of course I know Jingwi is a good boss. I know a little about your department anyway." Wonwoo smiled. "Well, I'm glad you like MoZ."

"Just Team A. Get your fact right."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter