012

(BxB-Series) Rebirth: Book 3 - String of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Walking on the path[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]"If you're tied to somebody with the string of fate, the thread may stretch or tangle but it will never break."[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]Past

The queen fell on her knees. The palace had been uproar with the missing of the king that morning. A wide search had been done and the group was just returned, instantly reported what they had found.

“We’re sorry, Your Highness. We tried to find the corpse but we failed. We only found this robe.”

The queen cried her heart out. The ministers looked down in sadness. Secretly the prime minister smiled evilly. The eunuch that served the king closely came forward with a letter in his hand.

“I have been instructed by Your Majesty if there’s something happened to him, I will present this letter to everyone.” The eunuch said. The ministers looked at each other. The prime minister looked at the queen.

“Sorry for my rudeness, Your Highness. But will you allow Eunuch Shin to read the letter?” The prime minister said. The queen just nodded weakly. The eunuch thanked the queen before opening the letter. Clearing his throat, he read it out and clear. The prime minister smirked as he knew the content.

“I, King Wonwoo, write this letter to inform you all that if some misfortune happened to me and I couldn’t serve you all as the king any longer, by that time I have no heir to replace me, the throne shall be passed to Prime Minister Yoon.”

The murmurs filled the hall after the letter was read. The queen looked at the prime minister. “I don’t agree. I, his mother, the queen is still here. I still have some rights.” She said. Some of the ministers nodded.

“I will follow your wish, Your Highness, but it’s Your Majesty’s letter.” The prime minister said.

“Let’s not talk about this first until we’re done with the king’s memorial. Eunuch Shin, go and make the official announcement to the kingdom about the king’s death. The new king will be revealed after.” The queen said. Some ministers tried to reason out with the fear of neighboring kingdom will launch a war, but the queen got up and left. She was in grief and didn’t want to hear any nonsense. Including her son’s letter. It was ridiculous, she was no longer believed that prime minister since she noticed her son was suffering. She wanted to protect the throne.

But little did that she knew the luck wasn’t on her side.

   

Present

“Uh? Hey, hyung.” Jeonghan paused on his walk as he picked the call.

“Mingyu? What’s up, I almost-”

“Hyung, I’m very sorry. There is something came up and I think I can’t go… I’m so sorry. I will make it up to you next time eoh? Sorry…” Jeonghan bit his lips as he watched a guy across the road.

“What happened? Are you okay?” Jeonghan controlled his tone as he hid behind a wall, still watching the guy across the road.

“Uh, something came up. Sorry neh hyung? I promise you I will buy meal for you to make it up.” Jeonghan heard noises and he could see someone was pulling the guy away. “I need to go. I will call you later. Sorry, hyung.”

Jeonghan bit his lips as he heard the line had been cut. His grip on his phone became tighter as he saw the guy scolded another guy who took his phone away. They’re bickering but somehow it looked like a couple bickering and Jeonghan didn’t like it at all.

‘Damn you, Jeon.’

“Yah! How you know I’m here? Damn fox, why I have to listen to you?” Mingyu growled. He still didn’t believe this enemy of his, Wonwoo had tricked and blackmailed him on canceling his hangout with Jeonghan. He didn’t know how Wonwoo knew he was here, in front of the cinema but few moments ago Wonwoo suddenly showed up and started to make him go with him.

“Shut up, just follow me.” Wonwoo said darkly. Mingyu gulped. He sensed Wonwoo’s aura was something else, murderous. Wonwoo on the other hand could still sense Jeonghan around. He started to notice he could sense Jeonghan after he knew about the other’s existence in this world. He had known Jeonghan was getting closer with Mingyu, he didn’t know what kind of plan that guy had but Wonwoo didn’t feel good to know Jeonghan asked Mingyu to meet outside the working days. He needed to protect Mingyu, in case Jeonghan’s purpose to approach Mingyu is for getting him.

“Ugh.” Mingyu whimpered as he was pushed into the car. He was glaring at Wonwoo but the fox didn’t really give a damn as he walked to the driver seat. Later, he drove away from the cinema. Mingyu frowned when they’re heading out from the town. “Yah! Where you’re bringing me?” No answer. “Jeon Wonwoo!”

“Just shut up for a while because I don’t want to get mad at you.” Wonwoo growled. Mingyu startled and bit his lips.

‘Damn this psycho fox.’

 

 

Mingyu scoffed. Wonwoo just gave an eating smile. He forced the draped coat around Mingyu’s shoulder. “Wear that, I know you’re cold.”

“No, I’m hot. Because I’m dead furious.” Wonwoo just grinned as he rubbed his back head. He took a seat beside Mingyu, watching the dark night and small light. They’re on top of a hill, outside the town they stayed. A bit far as it took some hours to get there and the drive up to the hill was long too. Mingyu couldn’t deny it was cold so he ended up snuggled into the coat. His nostrils caught a musky scent and Mingyu lightly blushed. He knew it was Wonwoo’s and his heart stuttered to that fact.

“I’m sorry.” Mingyu snapped from his thought. Wonwoo turned to Mingyu. “I know I’m wrong.”

Mingyu rolled his eyes. “Even a dumb also knows. The hell you even blackmailed me just to stop my hangout? It’s weekend… thou how you even know I’m there?” Mingyu grumbled.

Wonwoo exhaled as he turned to the front. “How I know you’re there… let’s say that I overheard your talk with your team members…” Mingyu frowned before remembering he did tell them he’s meeting a friend when they invited him for a team bonding outing. The outing was postponed to another time thou.

“I didn’t mention the exact place.” Mingyu mumbled. Wonwoo smiled.

“That… stays as my secret.” Wonwoo said. He didn’t want to tell Mingyu that he could track him by feelings. Their connection as soulmate somehow brought Wonwoo to find Mingyu whenever he wanted. Mingyu turned to him. Wonwoo just winked with a smile. Mingyu frowned before looked away as he felt his face flushed.

“Why?” Mingyu said after a moment. “Why you insisted that I’m in danger if I meet Jeonghan hyung?” Mingyu turned to Wonwoo. Wonwoo wasn’t looking at him, staring into the dark. Mingyu felt his heart skipped a beat. The fox looked damn attractive bathed under the soft moonlight. It wasn’t a full moon, but the circle was almost evident. Mingyu shook his head as he had been too distracted about Wonwoo’s appearance.

“You know who Yoon Jeonghan in Juji?” Wonwoo asked. Mingyu frowned.

“A worker? Like me?” Wonwoo hummed.

“I knew it, almost everyone didn’t know who he is.” Mingyu looked at Wonwoo. Wonwoo turned to him. “Yoon Jeonghan is the son of Juji’s CEO He had been hidden away by his own parents for his own safety. And now, I guess he started to work in Juji for practice? I don’t know what they had in mind but I know Yoon Jeonghan is next CEO.” Mingyu frowned.

“What? What nonsense is that?” Mingyu said in disbelief.

Wonwoo exhaled. “I know it’s hard to believe but I have someone to dig out his identity and it’s all true.” Wonwoo said. “I don’t really expect you to believe me but at least, please be careful around him.”

“Why?”

“He is….” Wonwoo paused. He was about to say the ‘real’ Yoon Jeonghan to Mingyu before he realized it will come out ridiculous to Mingyu. Wonwoo cleared his throat. “An enemy. He’s next CEO for Juji and I know their directors right now very interested in seeing MoZ goes down. It’s a hunch, but I feel Yoon Jeonghan aimed for the same thing.”

Mingyu exhaled and looked away. “He’s just a good guy. I don’t feel anything bad on him.”

“Appearance can be deceiving. Don’t trust people easily, Mingyu.” Mingyu turned to Wonwoo as he was about to reason out with Wonwoo. But he lost word when his eyes met Wonwoo’s. Those eyes were sincere; Wonwoo was looking out for him and worrying. Mingyu saw that and he felt soften.

“I won’t believe you at instant because you could have tricked me but okay, I will be careful with him.”

Wonwoo smiled. “That’s good enough.” Wonwoo turned to the view. “Wanna go home now?” Wonwoo asked. Mingyu exhaled as he hugged the coat tighter.

“After a minute, I want to enjoy the view in peace.” Mingyu said. Wonwoo just nodded and both of them fell into comfortable silence as they watched the night sky.

 

 

Past

“Long live King Yoon. Long live King Yoon.” The guy smirked as all the ministers gave their bow to him.

In the same palace, there’s a lady lying on her bed sickly. Her servants were crying. “Your Highness…”

“My maids…” The lady whispered. “I… I can’t protect you all any longer. But at this moment where I still have little power, I dismiss you all from your duty and you’re free to go. Run away from the palace, my maids. Don’t slave yourself for the evil.” The servants nodded. They’re all packed to leave but there’s one female stayed behind. “Unnie… you should go too.” The female shook her head.

“I’m not going to leave you alone.”

“But unnie…”

“Let me stay with you, my queen.” The queen looked at her before smiling. The female servant smiled back and stayed behind. All the other servants said goodbye to the queen in tears before they left. It was really close, as soon as they all left, there’s commotion outside and the queen knew it was bound to happen. Few soldiers barged inside. “Why you’re all here?”

“Your Majesty wants us to bring all people from this wing to the main palace. Where are they?”

“No one’s here anymore. They’re dead.” The queen said. “Go, tell your king to leave me alone. I’m going to die anyway.” The queen said weakly. The servant stood up.

“Go, it’s the queen’s order.” The soldiers looked perplex. The queen let out a soft chuckle.

“The order wasn’t just that right?” The queen said. “You don’t have to kill me, I’m dying anyway. How meticulous your king could be, he knew I will die but yeah seems like he can’t wait for me to die.” The soldiers looked down in guilty. One of them, seemed like their leader, suddenly stepped in front.

“Your Highness, we’re sorry for our rudeness. Give us your last command and we will do it. Out of our loyalty to the Jeon’s reign.” The other soldiers nodded. The queen exhaled.

“I have released all the servants for this wing. I want you not to go and find them. And I want to die in peace.”

“I’m staying with the queen.” The servant said. The soldier’s leader nodded.

“We will make sure we followed that command.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter